3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#351 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
Sonic Triple Trouble, Shinobi and another Game Gear game has been added to the eShop... as coming soon. :( Also, the rest of the NES games got updates, but they don't make any obvious difference to the games.
#352 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

Picked up Mario's Picross after setting up the 3DS last night and spending forty minutes confirming my CN account and getting the DL code for the game. (too bad the "show off your stuff" thread is gone, I took a photo just to post it up). I was more drawn in by the c1assic tunes and the Game Boy Pocket-like graphics than the gameplay, but it has it's charm; I say this because I still play Picross DS and Picross 3D to death.

#353 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
There's a show off your stuff thread for the 3DS. I was thinking about getting it as well, but I want that 3DS games case.
#354 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

There is an update for VVVVVV on the eshop. As soon as I got onto the eshop it promted me that there was an update avialable.

#355 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
I didn't know Gamestop sold download codes for eshop games. That's pretty cool.
#356 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

I didn't know Gamestop sold download codes for eshop games. That's pretty cool. ShuichiChamp24

They do? Wow, I didn't know that. :o

#357 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

GamerEye

That's what I was told when I passed by today.

I asked what this was.

#358 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

ShuichiChamp24

I asked what this was.

Wow, I wonder if places such as Target and Best Buy will start selling codes too?

#359 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

ShuichiChamp24

I asked what this was.

Interesting.

#360 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Mar 13)~

@Everyone

Sorry about the late update. There won't be an "Other News" section below, but I'll try to make up for it in the next update.

Thanks again for all the support!

~Game Updates~

Last weeks e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

The Kid Icarus: Uprising section (on page 1) has been updated with 2 vids (Medusa Trailer + US Commercial)

Crush 3D is out now so that means its section has been removed, but all the info is below.

~Now At Retail~

Crush 3D

GENRE: Puzzles

PRICE: $34.99 | Also available $19.99 new at GameStop

INFO:

- Perspective-shifting puzzler/platformer
- Collect marbles that are placed around a three-dimensional room to open the next exit
- Some marbles are out of your reach
- Rotate the camera to preset points with the d-pad and press a button to make the world 2D
- Bridges, walkways and jumps that weren't possible in 3D may be possible in 2D so that you can access more marbles
- Can't go 2D in front of a brick wall
- Hidden trophies only appear from certain perspectives
- Massive obstacles (bowling balls and soda cans) pop up and you have to roll them out of the way to keep on working
- Can unlock a robe for the main character
- Main character is Danny
- Danny has volunteered to test Doc's machine called a "Cognitive Regression Utilizing pSychiatric Heuristics"
- Danny used the machine, but it wouldn't let him out
- Doc's theory is that completing the puzzles in the game will save Danny
- Story is different than the PSP game
- StreetPass support: hide gifts in levels that other players can find
- New hint system

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Launch Trailer
(Youtube) Story Trailer
(Youtube) Tutorial Trailer
(Youtube) Announcement Trailer

#361 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
I think the concept of Crush is fun and interesting, but... I'm going to be honest, art style and feel of the game kind of put me off it. I just didn't feel attached or interested in the characters and the dialogue was a little silly for me.
#362 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

I think the concept of Crush is fun and interesting, but... I'm going to be honest, art style and feel of the game kind of put me off it. I just didn't feel attached or interested in the characters and the dialogue was a little silly for me. yoshi_64

Played the demo and that pretty much killed it for me.

Also, This game , I want so much.

#363 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]I think the concept of Crush is fun and interesting, but... I'm going to be honest, art style and feel of the game kind of put me off it. I just didn't feel attached or interested in the characters and the dialogue was a little silly for me. ShuichiChamp24

Even just the cover scares me away. :?

#364 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]I think the concept of Crush is fun and interesting, but... I'm going to be honest, art style and feel of the game kind of put me off it. I just didn't feel attached or interested in the characters and the dialogue was a little silly for me. ShuichiChamp24

Yeah, the game just... bleh. I don't like it's art style, or characters. It just feels wrong and honestly... kiddish. It's a shame, cause I think the puzzle mechanics are very interesting and solid, if you can overlook the layer of dull and uninspiring design of the game's art.
#365 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Even just the cover scares me away. :?Pixel-Perfect
I think that's what it was meant to do.
Yeah, the game just... bleh. I don't like it's art style, or characters. It just feels wrong and honestly... kiddish. It's a shame, cause I think the puzzle mechanics are very interesting and solid, if you can overlook the layer of dull and uninspiring design of the game's art. yoshi_64
Seriously, I cannot agree with you any more than I am now. I played the demo enjoyed it's mechanics but everything else, no thanks.
#366 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

Two friends and I have been keeping an eye on this game for a while. I may take a chance on it for the puzzle mechanics and the fact that (according to Jolly) GS is selling it for $20.00. I can shrug off a $20.00 experiment, and besides it looks at least interesting.

Still...a price cut before launch? And why GS and not other stores? Or am I missing something?

#367 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Two friends and I have been keeping an eye on this game for a while. I may take a chance on it for the puzzle mechanics and the fact that (according to Jolly) GS is selling it for $20.00. I can shrug off a $20.00 experiment, and besides it looks at least interesting.

Still...a price cut before launch? And why GS and not other stores? Or am I missing something?

jwallace

Yeah I didnt understand that either. Why the price difference?

#368 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11419 posts) -
I think the concept of Crush is fun and interesting, but... I'm going to be honest, art style and feel of the game kind of put me off it. I just didn't feel attached or interested in the characters and the dialogue was a little silly for me. yoshi_64
Yup this is a very good way to put it.
#369 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11419 posts) -
Downloaded Sonic Triple Trouble. It's a pretty good game so far, never played the original. I am impressed with the VC options that the GameGear games give you though. From the menu you can change the screen. It gives you three options. One is the standard display then theres "dot by dot" which makes the GameGear system appear and makes the game screen small and the last option is to make the game full screen, it doesn't look too good like that but it's nice to have options. You also get to adjust the button layout to how you want it. Forgot what else but it does seem like some work went in it. I'm impressed.
#370 Posted by GameGoddess32 (433 posts) -

The one I'm excited to get is Animal Crossing...it sounds and looks really cool :)

Good job on this thread,I liked seeing some of the up coming releases

#371 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Seriously, the more trailers I see about Heroes of Ruin the more the game looks nice.

Is this a new trailer?

I wonder if Rayman being delayed is a good or bad thing.

#372 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

BTW, (adding to an earlier post) purchased Crush 3D and...was falling asleep after the first twenty-five minutes of play. The gameplay is so-so and the developers had a good premise, and the controls are almost perfect. However, it's the dull, drab environments that get to me. I've honestly played a lot more of Mario's Picross (a free title for Nintendo Club members) and had way more fun than this $20.00 game. I'll probably complete it but this may be the first (and hopefully only) 3DS game that I'll trade in (and NOT to GameStop). That is, unless a friend wants it.

#373 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
BEWARE OF FUN FUN MINIGOLF TOUCH! It's SHORT. I 100% beat the game in 2 hours flat at a casual pace and I'm by no means a completionist, it's just really really easy. The 81+ course ad is a joke, it's all the same courses with coins added or one or two new obstacles (only in the very late part of the game). It's only 4.99 but BEWARE, you get little content and no multiplayer.
#374 Posted by Pixel-Perfect (5778 posts) -

BEWARE OF FUN FUN MINIGOLF TOUCH! It's SHORT. I 100% beat the game in 2 hours flat at a casual pace and I'm by no means a completionist, it's just really really easy. The 81+ course ad is a joke, it's all the same courses with coins added or one or two new obstacles (only in the very late part of the game). It's only 4.99 but BEWARE, you get little content and no multiplayer.WreckEm711

Thanks for the warning. The game seems awful.

#375 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]BEWARE OF FUN FUN MINIGOLF TOUCH! It's SHORT. I 100% beat the game in 2 hours flat at a casual pace and I'm by no means a completionist, it's just really really easy. The 81+ course ad is a joke, it's all the same courses with coins added or one or two new obstacles (only in the very late part of the game). It's only 4.99 but BEWARE, you get little content and no multiplayer.Pixel-Perfect

The game is actually pretty good, it just suffers from an extreme lack of content.
#376 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]BEWARE OF FUN FUN MINIGOLF TOUCH! It's SHORT. I 100% beat the game in 2 hours flat at a casual pace and I'm by no means a completionist, it's just really really easy. The 81+ course ad is a joke, it's all the same courses with coins added or one or two new obstacles (only in the very late part of the game). It's only 4.99 but BEWARE, you get little content and no multiplayer.WreckEm711

The game is actually pretty good, it just suffers from an extreme lack of content.

No online!

#377 Posted by TankZorz (1836 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

LJChronx

No online!

I can do without online. It's the reused courses that really bother me. I was excited and having a great time up until I started the second round of cups. As soon as the first one popped up I was incredibly disappointed. They could have made some pretty spectacular and varied courses but instead reused the old ones with an extra obstacle or two.
#378 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
[QUOTE="LJChronx"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] The game is actually pretty good, it just suffers from an extreme lack of content.TankZorz

No online!

I can do without online. It's the reused courses that really bother me. I was excited and having a great time up until I started the second round of cups. As soon as the first one popped up I was incredibly disappointed. They could have made some pretty spectacular and varied courses but instead reused the old ones with an extra obstacle or two.

Exactly how I felt :( Such wasted potential
#379 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Mar 20)~

@ShuichiChamp24

That GameStop find is pretty neat, I wonder if they'll start selling downloadable games for other systems too?

Ketzal's Corridors is actually a sequel to that WiiWare game you were thinking of, it was called ThruSpace and it was also published by Nintendo.

And thanks for the links! I'll post'em below.

@Gamingclone

I got an update notice when I entered the e-Shop too! I'm glad that part of the e-Shop is finally useful for something now. :P

@GameGoddess32

Thanks and welcome to the thread! I'm also looking forward to Animal Crossing, the new features seem nice.

@The talk about Crush 3D

I wanted to pick up Crush 3D near launch despite the negative buzz around it, because I was interested in its gameplay (I like puzzle platformers). The $20 GameStop deal didn't hurt either, but then I remembered that I needed to get Journey (PS3), and I noticed that I was $3 short... So between Crush 3D and Journey (which I've been waiting a whole year to play) I decided to save the $20 for a PSN card.

And I won't be able to get it any time soon since I'll be busy playing Kid Icarus: Uprising, Tales of Graces F and Journey. I also have a backlog that I should look into. :?

@The talk about Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!

I've played the game for about an hour and a half so far, and I don't think it's a bad game at all for the asking price. The touch controls are good (I still perfer the button controls, though), and they clearly put effort into the presentation like they do in most of their games. The game isn't perfect and these are some improvments I would like to see:

• A better aiming line that shows you how your golfball will ricochet off walls and other objects (at least on the easy cups)

• I don't truely see the need for multiplayer (online or local) in a game like this, but if they were going to add a multiplayer component I'd like to see leaderboards at least for the Trick Shot holes

• I'd like to see much more Fun! Fun! items in the shop like the 8-bit sound effect option, like maybe a tennis or pingpong ball skin for the golfball? a baseball bat and hockey stick skin for the golfclub? (Insert other nonsense here) :P

I haven't bought the super cups yet because I'm still trying to get 1st place medals on all the standard cups, so I can't comment on course design variety at this moment.

Overall I think the game is worth $4.99 even though it might not have content that will last dozens of hours, what's there is still entertaining in short bursts.

~Game Updates~

Last week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

The Kid Icarus: Uprising section (on page 1) has been updated with new info about controls.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening section (on page 1) has been updated with a new 6 minute trailer.

The Spirit Camera: TCM section (on page 1) has been updated with a new short flim.

The Dynasty Warriors VS. section (on page 1) has been updated with new info about costumes.

The Heroes of Ruin section (on page 4) has been updated with a new customization trailer.

The Shifting World (on page 4) has been updated with a new gameplay video.

~Other News~

The next e-Shop game coming from Nintendo is Ketzal's Corridors:

"Nintendo's next original eShop game in North America will be Ketzal's Corridors, an Aztec-themed action-puzzle game that looks like third-person on-rails Tetris. If that sounds crazy, perhaps this trailer will do a better job of explaining what it's about: (Youtube) Ketzal's Corridors Trailer -- Ketzal's Corridors doesn't have a release date yet, but Nintendo say it's coming "soon"." - Siliconera.com

Game Overview

A fast-paced action-puzzle game set in a magical spirit world. Speed, skill, and lightning-fast reflexes are the keys to success. Navigate ancient locales by maneuvering complexly shaped guardians through geometric holes in the walls. Replay stages to strive for new high scores. Single-player story mode & two-player vs. modes.

Features

• Almost a hundred story-mode stages and three player-vs.-player modes.
• A comfortable difficulty curve from helpful tutorials to challenging stages.
• An epic storyline with engaging characters, uncharacteristic of most puzzle games.
• Immersive, highly polished, Aztec-inspired 3D graphics.

Sources:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/07/nintendos-next-original-eshop-game-is-ketzals-corridors/
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6ywsFO7IfWNj2CW_AxMRlXyZM6v9t8jZ

Here's a new trailer for the upcoming e-Shop title Colors! 3D: (Thanks ShuichiChamp24)

(Youtube) Colors! 3D Trailer

Nintendo plans for "Hundreds" of Kid Icarus AR card to be available:

"Each copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising only comes with six random augmented reality cards, but Nintendo say that there will actually be "hundreds" of these cards available. No other plans have been announced regarding the distribution of Uprising AR cards, but Nintendo plan to hold special events where you can trade, share and acquire new cards." - Siliconera.com

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/29/hundreds-of-kid-icarus-uprising-ar-cards-to-be-available/

Heroes of Ruin get's an Official ESRB rating:

Heroes of Ruin
Platform: Nintendo 3DS
Rating: Teen
Content descriptors: Fantasy Violence, Mild Blood, Mild Language

Rating summary: This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the role of a hero on a quest to break a powerful curse. From a 3/4–overhead perspective, players use swords, pistols, and magic spells to complete missions and defeat a variety of enemies (e.g., demons, elves, goblins, wolves). Combat is accompanied by battle cries, impact sounds, and colorful light effects; enemies disappear when killed. A few dungeon environments depict blood stains or dead bodies lying in small pools of blood. A handful of cutscenes also portray wounded characters moaning in pain. The words "damn" and "hell" appear in the dialogue.

Online Notice: Includes online features that may expose players to unrated user-generated content (Nintendo 3DS) - Entertainment Software Rating Board

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172711

Mutant Mudds is getting an e-Shop demo:

"This information comes from Mr. Watsham himself...

- demo is definitely happening
- Nintendo is looking at the demo right now
- contains 4 regular levels (1-1, 2-1, 3-1, 4-1)
- contains one secret level (Secret 1-1)
- 5 Water Sprites to collect in all
- should be released in the next couple of weeks" - GoNintendo.com

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173587

The Sega, Capcom and Bandai Namco traser website has been updated: (there should be another update wednesday, Mar 21)

"This time around we get one new 'character' added in for each company. We still have no idea what's going on here." - GoNintendo.com

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173655

Limited Time Offer - Get FREE Kid Icarus: Uprising AR cards from Club Nintendo:

Get this pack of cards FREE! Pack includes:

GREAT REAPER
DRILL ARM
PALUTENA (RARE)

Go here to get your cards: http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/arcards.html#giveaway

#380 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
Oh, so digitally distributed games can also get demos? Nice one, He With the Green Monkey Avatar :D
#381 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Awesome. If only I had a job.

#382 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

Jolly, YOU ARE THE MAN (or monkey?). I had been trying for over an hour last night to find the correct link after signing into my Club Nintendo account (there was no direct link anywhere) but the link you provided took me there in seconds! Thanks!

#383 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Doubt it is anything important but, I just tried connecting to the eshop, and it seems to be under going some maintance.

#384 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Nice, theathrhythm FF has been confirmed for the US and EU for the summer. Love rhythm games.
#385 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Cool. I'll be looking forward to it. Hopefuly a demo of it comes to the eShop.

#386 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Has the FE Awakening streetpass feature been mention before? Get to trade your created character and maps. Sounds cool. Source

#387 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I say, Crush is pretty interesting. Wish the demo was a bit longer. The characters seem to be a bit uninteresting.

#388 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

I say, Crush is pretty interesting. Wish the demo was a bit longer. The characters seem to be a bit uninteresting.

Gamingclone

I can honestly say that your $20.00 USD (or equivilant) may be of better investment in a new title, or maybe up o three games from the eShop. My friend and I are at odds regarding this title.

#389 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

The e-Shop (America) now has a demo of Mutant Muds. The demo consisting of World 1-1, 2-1, 3-1, and 4-1. It's pretty good, I want to buy it but I don't have any darn money :x. Lol

#390 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

What else came out on the eShop today?

#391 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

What else came out on the eShop today?

LJChronx

ARC STYLE: Soccer 3D

Mutant Mudds Demo

90's Pool (DSi Ware)

#392 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Is that soccer game supposed to be any good. I saw a screen shot and the graphics are definately "old school" to say the least. But I think I read it has online multiplayer, or maybe it was offline. Im not sure, but if its online multiplayer it could be alot of fun.

#393 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Is that soccer game supposed to be any good. I saw a screen shot and the graphics are definately "old school" to say the least. But I think I read it has online multiplayer, or maybe it was offline. Im not sure, but if its online multiplayer it could be alot of fun.

LJChronx

Hmmm...Yes I do belive it has online play. Though you can double check by clicking on it and then on more information and scroll down, it should tell you if it has online or not.

#394 Posted by gameofthering (10321 posts) -

Gamegear has been added to the virtual console.

#395 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Well you likely know already, but Ign has a new preview with a video, as well as a new walkthrough featuring my main lady the Alchitect. Link provided below.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/122/1222168p1.html

#396 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

IGN has reviewed Colors! 3D and game it a 9.0 .

#397 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11419 posts) -
I have been less than impressed with the latest eShop releases :( Where are all the GB VC games?
#398 Posted by tocool340 (20548 posts) -
Where are the RPG's for 3DS? Besides Tales of Abyss, there doesn't seem to be any others out...:(
#399 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

:roll: Shin Megami Tensei: Devuk Survivor Overclocked would like a word with you

#400 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

:roll: Shin Megami Tensei: Devuk Survivor Overclocked would like a word with you

Kirbside

Adding 1 game doesn't exactly disprove the sentiment to what he's asking.