3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

Don't know if I should have made a thread but the ambassador games seems to be getting the updates now.

ShuichiChamp24
Great. :D But we already had them Suspend points, didn't we? (Home menu, pick up where you left off?)
#302 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]

Don't know if I should have made a thread but the ambassador games seems to be getting the updates now.

Spinnerweb
Great. :D But we already had them Suspend points, didn't we? (Home menu, pick up where you left off?)

We have suspend points yet, where you can save and leave the game, open it back up, and it would be right where you left off. However, it would not create a restore point, which is different. The restore points let you create a save point at the EXACT instance, which could mean if you wanted to, you can save before a boss fight, or something really hard, and if you died, reload that point without restarting the game over.
#303 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Feb 15)~

Lots of news this week, so I think this calls for another "Other News (Super Edition)".

The main difference in super editions are more pictures and stories than the average post.

@xxxxRemmyxxxx

Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH was listed as a Q1 release, which means that it should come out sometime between now and the end of march (if it wasn't delayed).

I love the games that Shin'en has made recently, so I plan on getting this when it comes out.

@Regent192

From NAMCO Bandai's website:

"Explore the story through more than 40 hours of riveting gameplay and fully voiced anime cutscenes."

@LJChronx

Yes. Tim Schwalk is on my friends list, but we don't exchange swapnotes or anything like that :P. It stinks to hear that he hasn't added you.

The first Duck Tales game came out in '89 (3 years before I was born) so it is a little before my time, but I love the Moon Theme and I have good memories of the TV show.

@GamerEye

I agree, Nano assault is a great game. I adjusted to the non-inverted controls after making it past the first synapse level, but I'm glad that they're adding more control options that might make those sections more comfortable for others.

@ShuichiChamp24

Thanks again for all the links, I'll post them below.

~Game Updates~

Last week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

Kingdom Hearts section (on page 1) has been updated with new box art.

Tekken 3D Prime Edition and Tales of the Abyss are out now, that means their sections have been removed from the main posts, but all their info is below.

~Other News (Super Edition)~

RUMOR has it that Retro Studios is hiring new staff to make a game with a hand-painted styIe:

"- Retro looking to recruit many FX Artists
- looking specifically for 3D environment artists
- Retro wants these artists to have talant for hand painted textures
- also looking for people to assist in translations for better communication with Nintendo"

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171749

Tales of the Abyss comes with Club Nintendo points in North America and Europe:

Source: https://club.nintendo.com/coins.do;jsessionid=4DDF7C2256FC569BA1978C856D2BA77D

3DS ambassadors in Europe and UK can now download an updated version of Super Mario Bros:

"If you're a 3DS Ambassador, the NES upgrades just started rolling in. Super Mario Bros. now comes with Suspend Points, allowing you to suspend your play mid-game and reload it as often as you like. Should make those speed runs a whole lot easier." - NintendoLife.com

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/super_mario_bros_for_ambassadors_just_got_vc_features

Nintendo has registered a trademark for "Pokemon Adventure Camp":

"While this may not be game related, various Japanese sites are reporting of a new trademark applied for by Nintendo, Gamefreak & Creatures. This trademark is for the name Pokémon Adventure Camp. It's currently unknown whether or not this is for a game, merchandise or some sort of real life event but it's worthy of note, but the trademark does list games and card games as a possibility." - Serebii.net

Source: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

EDGE magazine is possibly hinting towards a Monster Hunter Tri G localization with online:

Source: http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171590

Nintendo has launched a new ad campaign for the Nintendo e-Shop and the 3DS:

Source: http://www.renegadekid.com/news.htm

Here are 2 new 3DS commercials:

Nintendo 3DS - Battle Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLkE9Db6Xg

Nintendo 3DS - Worldwide Commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fgh0D1Sfg3s

Each copy of Kid Icarus: Uprising will come with 6 AR cards packed in:

"Discover hundreds of special AR Idol Cards to use with Kid Icarus: Uprising—and bring Pit and other characters to life right in front of your eyes. Save your cards and scan them using the game's AR Card Battle mode, then trade and share with friends to collect them all." - Nintendo

Source: http://kidicarus.nintendo.com/uprising/explore-the-game/#ar-cards

Kid Icarus: Uprising features a Super Smash Bros-esque figure collection system and Play Coin support:

"Idols are 3D figures of characters, enemies and items that you can collect in the game. You can rotate and view them from any angle, and each one has a nifty little description. You can get your hands on randomly selected Idols by playing Idol Toss, or acquire them by viewing certain special AR Cards!" - Nintendo

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nintendo_3ds/kid_icarus_uprising_31526.html

Kid Icarus: Uprising also supports the "Join Game" feature that was recently used for Mario Kart 7:

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/games/nintendo_3ds/kid_icarus_uprising_31526.html

America and Europe are getting an e-Shop demo for Metal Gear Solid 3D tomorrow (Feb 16th):

"The trial will give gamers a forked tongue-taste of the stealth shooter cIassic. It has been completely revamped for the 3DS with sparkly new graphics and touch screen controls. And if you have a new-fangled Circle Control Pad Pro, it will work with that too." - EuroGamer.net

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-13-metal-gear-solid-3d-demo-on-eshop-this-week

Here are some new fan-made Pushmo levels (not made by me):

- This one is made by GoNintendo user: Kolma -

- This one is made by GameSpot user: WreckEm711 -

In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Shigeru Miyamoto reveals his favorite and least favorite Mario Kart characters:

"EW: I have an important question. Nintendo has also just released Mariokart 7 for the 3DS. In every iteration of Mariokart, I've always preferred to play as Toad. Who's your favorite character?

SM:That's the most challenging question! I'm sorry that I cannot come up with an interesting answer. Somehow, it's habit to me, but I play with Mario. He's a very balanced character.

EW: Who's your least favorite (Mario Kart) character?

SM: Toad. (Laughs)

EW: My favorite character is your least favorite character?

SM: I understand that he has some popularity. Somehow."

In the same interview he also talks about pikmin 3 and how an early version of Skyward Sword was more difficult.

Full interview: http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/02/10/shigeru-miyamoto-zelda/

Renegade Kid co-founder Jools Watsham thinks that a Mutant Mudds 2 is possible:

"PN: With Mutant Mudds being a critically acclaimed video game and its recent success on the eShop charts, do you think a sequel is a possibility?

Jools: Yes, I think it is very possible."

Full interview: http://playnintendoparko.blogspot.com/2012/02/play-nintendos-mutant-mudds-interview.html

A sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing has been confirmed:

"Publisher Sega will release a sequel to Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing this holiday season, Kotaku has learned. Toys associated with the franchise were displayed in a booth at the Toy Fair in New York this Sunday, where an attendant confirmed that Sega is making a sequel to the franchise-crossing kart racing game. There will be new characters and vehicles revealed later this year." - Kotaku.com

In earlier rumors before this announcement the developer gave hints about what systems they're working on:

"Our tipster recently spoke to a high ranking staff member at development studio Sumo Digital, and when queried about new projects, the developer gave the below reply.

"Now working on another title for Sega on 3DS, VITA and WiiU. The title we are working on is top secret but the last game we did for them was Sonic And Sega All-Star Racing, so the logical conclusion would be…" - SonicStadium.org

Sources:

http://kotaku.com/5884388/start-your-engines-for-sonic--sega-all+stars-racing-sequel
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/01/rumour-sonic-sega-all-stars-racing-sequelremix-in-the-works/

~Games Now At Retail~

Tales of the Abyss

INFO:

- Fight against your enemies, unleash devastating Mystic Artes, and explore the expansive World Map in 3D
- Lush, colorful graphics bring attention to the detailed anime art styIe of artist Kosuke Fujishima
- Sprawling landscapes and beautiful towns populate the world of Auldrant and bring it to life
- Dynamic Real Time Battles
- Command the "Flex Range - Linear Motion Battle System" for unparalleled tactical control over characters' movements and attacks
- Hone characters' skills using the "Field of Fonons" and evolve their fighting techniques to more powerful forms
- Better loading times than the original version
- Touch Screen menus for faster access to moves and items
- Explore the story through more than 40 hours of riveting gameplay and fully voiced anime cutscenes
- Follow the path of Luke fon Fabre, a child of prophecy drawn into a conflict that threatens his very existence

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Rise from the Abyss
(Youtube) The future lies beyond accepting oneself
(Youtube) Gamescom 2011 Gameplay Trailer #1
(Youtube) Gamescom 2011 Gameplay Trailer #2
(Youtube) Luke fon Fabre Trailer
(Youtube) Tear Grants Trailer
(Youtube) Jade Curtiss Trailer
(Youtube) Guy Cecil Trailer
(Youtube) Anise Tatlin Trailer

Tekken 3D: Prime Edition

INFO:

- Over 40 characters including Alisa, Asuka, Bryan, Heihachi, Kazuya, Lili, and Xiaoyu
- Tekken 3D: Prime Edition will have local/online multiplayer and some exclusive stages
- Game comes packed with the full length Tekken Blood Vengeance film (Which also supports 3D mode)
- The movie fills in story between Tekken 5 and 6
- Movie and game use the same cartridge
- Debut media featured textures that were still place holders
- 700 collectable Tekken cards
- Cards feature 3D scenes to view
- These span the entire series
- Obtain cards by beating the CPU and through Streetpass
- Touch screen is used for customized commands
- Assign an air combo or special move to a touch button
- Runs at 60 frames per second even when the system's 3D effect is turned on (No 3D in multiplayer)

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Launch Trailer
(Youtube) Tekken 3D Nintendo Direct Trailer
(Youtube) 4 minutes of Gameplay *On easy mode*
(Youtube) TGS conference Trailer
(Youtube) Debut Trailer

Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games

INFO:

- Join Mario & Sonic in the world's greatest sporting competition
- With over 50 events on Nintendo 3DS to compete in, the Olympic Games have never been so much fun
- Original Olympic themed events will bring a whole new dimension to the Mario & Sonic universe
- Glasses-free 3D visuals and the unique control systems offer plenty of new and exciting ways to compete for a coveted gold medal
- All this is sure to ignite even more fierce competition between friends & family in both single & multiplayer modes

PICS:

VIDS:

(Youtube) Gamescom 2011 Trailer
(Youtube) Launch Trailer

#304 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

So is the update for the ambassador certificate and Mario new or did I miss some?

Ok, just finished updating Mario, changed the icon, looks nice!

#305 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

:O You used my Pushmo! :D

Man I really want tales of the abyss, hope it turns out good!

#306 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

WreckEm711
I've been playing it, pretty good so far ... it made me stop playing Revelaitons! (I'm still stuck on the first boss ...).
#307 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

Haziqonfire

I've been playing it, pretty good so far ... it made me stop playing Revelaitons! (I'm still stuck on the first boss ...).

You have good taste in games from what I've seen, so maybe I'll pick it up soon, haven't really seen enough to know yet, i just know I have a huge JRPG itch lately, may replay Xenoblade to scratch it :P

I LOVE that first boss, was seriously one of the most tense boss fights I've had in a shooting game before

#308 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

You have good taste in games from what I've seen, so maybe I'll pick it up soon, haven't really seen enough to know yet, i just know I have a huge JRPG itch lately, may replay Xenoblade to scratch it :P

I LOVE that first boss, was seriously one of the most tense boss fights I've had in a shooting game before

WreckEm711

I've been in a mood for JRPGs too but I'm screwing myself over. I got Tales of the Abyss, Radiant Historia is pre-ordered, so is Xenoblade =/. I bought FFVI on VC and I have Devil Survivor: Overclocked to finish. My backlog is disgusting.

I don't like the first boss because I suck and keep dying, which makes me not want to play the game more because I fail.

#309 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Good news indeed.

I'll be getting Tales of Abbyss this week, and the added bonus that it is a Club Nintendo game is good too.

#310 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

I was hoping that he would say more about Pikmin 3 :P

#311 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
[QUOTE="Spinnerweb"][QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"]

yoshi_64

We have suspend points yet, where you can save and leave the game, open it back up, and it would be right where you left off. However, it would not create a restore point, which is different. The restore points let you create a save point at the EXACT instance, which could mean if you wanted to, you can save before a boss fight, or something really hard, and if you died, reload that point without restarting the game over.

Thanks for explaining. Beating SMB seems possible now :P
#312 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

Having Club Nintendo points has given me even more cause to pick it up (Tales of the Abyss).

Off-topic: is anyone tired of me remarking about TotA yet?

#313 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Having Club Nintendo points has given me even more cause to pick it up (Tales of the Abyss).

jwallace
Do it! It's great! Is anyone else here waiting for the 3DS version of Rayman Origins before picking it up? The Wii and 360/PS3 versions already dropped in price here in Canada, but I'm waiting to see how the 3DS Version turns out before I buy it. Demo is coming soon, right?
#314 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

[QUOTE="jwallace"]

Haziqonfire

Do it! It's great! Is anyone else here waiting for the 3DS version of Rayman Origins before picking it up? The Wii and 360/PS3 versions already dropped in price here in Canada, but I'm waiting to see how the 3DS Version turns out before I buy it. Demo is coming soon, right?

Today at target (in the US) I saw the Wii's Rayman Origins and it was only $20. I thought about getting it, but then gain, I don't even have a dollar to spend...which is sad. :(

#315 Posted by videog (306 posts) -

Gamingclone

Pikmin 3 is going to be on wii u though so he can't post information about it in the 3ds forum board.

#316 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

videog

Pikmin 3 is going to be on wii u though so he can't post information about it in the 3ds forum board.

No, I mean in the interview with Miyamoto. Miyamoto didnt give any more news on Pikmin 3 than what was already known, which is nothing. lol.

#317 Posted by LOXO7 (5549 posts) -
Fallout DS. Is it going to happen?
#319 Posted by 6h05tly (2199 posts) -
[QUOTE="jwallace"]

Haziqonfire

I'm definitely excited for the 3DS version of Origins. I haven't played the console version since I'm savoring the experience when it arrives on the handheld next month.
#320 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Fallout DS. Is it going to happen?LOXO7

You mean 3DS, and probably not.

#321 Posted by superfalcon1234 (258 posts) -

Dillon's rolling western is available in the e shop for 9.99

#322 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

superfalcon1234

Sweet....now if only I had $9.99...

I'm broke :(

#324 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

superfalcon1234
I think that's the most expensive game on the eShop, right?
#325 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

[QUOTE="superfalcon1234"]

Rod90

I think that's the most expensive game on the eShop, right?

As far as original 3DS software goes yeah, but I think that Cave Story or Shantae are higher.

#326 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

A demo of Nintendogs + Cats has been added to the eshop.

#327 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

Gamingclone

Serious? I didn't see it. I'll check again...

#328 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gamingclone"]

Spinnerweb

Serious? I didn't see it. I'll check again...

Yeah, only ten uses, but it's omfg adorable and funny haha
#329 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Oddly enough, the Demo of Nintendogs+cats doesn't have a new thing over it. Least on my 3DS's e-Shop anyways.

#330 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Feb 24)~

There's a whole lotta news this week! With a good amount of it coming from the recent (Feb 22) Nintendo Direct. This post will mostly focus on the Nintendo Direct presentation, I'll make another 'super edition' post later (this weekend?:?) to cover more news.

I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed 3DS news while I've been away, it keeps the thread going until I can find the time to update it.

Thank you!

~Game Updates~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

The Kid Icarus: Uprising section (on page 1) has been updated with 4 new videos.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening section (on page 1) has been updated with new info and a new trailer.

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir's section has been moved to the 2nd post of page 1 and updated with 1 new pic.

The Dynasty Warriors VS. section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new pic and 1 new detail.

The Mario Tennis Open section (on page 4) has been updated with new info, box art and 2 new videos.

The Rayman Origins section (on page 4) had been updated with new pics and a developer interview vid.

Metal Gear Solid 3D is out now so that means its section has been removed, but all the info is below.

~Other News (Nintendo Direct Edition)~

Here is the North American Nintendo Direct Presentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klxMQ-O44Hc

And here is the fully translated japanese presentation (with information for europe):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhqBiVcb2pA

Masahiro Sakurai is gearing up to develop Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U:

"We've known for awhile now that work on the next entry in the Nintendo brawler megagiant wouldn't begin until Kid Icarus was finished, but now Sakurai's Tweeting that his work on the new game is beginning by reviewing the development of Super Smash Bros. Brawl." ZeldaInformer.com

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172314

Satoru Iwata thinks the multiplayer in Kid Icarus: Uprising is what Super Smash Bros. would be like in 3D:

"I was able to play the final version (of Kid Icarus: Uprising) before this interview, and its richness, and an unparalleled sense of volume really came across, just like when I played Super Smash Bros. Melee and Super Smash Bros. Brawl for the first time. When I saw the battle mode, one of the things I thought was that this was how the Super Smash Bros. games would look like in 3D. In many ways, like the fast pace, for example." - Satoru Iwata

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172513

Sega gives us a look at Game Gear games on 3DS:

"The screen shows the various options you can access when playing Game Gear titles: screen mode, system color, ghosting/after image, performance. The system color menu shows options for black, blue, yellow and red."

Nintendo Power has also reconfirmed that we will be getting Game Gear titles in North America as well, and the first titles mentioned are Sonic the Hedgehog Triple Trouble, Dragon Crystal, and Shinobi.

Sources:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172477
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172377

Sega, Capcom, Namco Bandai and Banpresto are collaborating on a 3DS game (Namco Bandai will be publishing it):

Here's the teaser site: http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

Nintendo and Sega join forces to launch Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure in Europe:

"Polish your sleuthing skills and dust off your dancing shoes because Nintendo and SEGA have today confirmed that they have entered into a new distribution agreement for the forthcoming game Rhythm Thief™ & the Emperor's Treasure, scheduled for release exclusively on Nintendo 3DS ™ across Europe on 5th April 2012. Under the terms of the agreement Nintendo will be responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of the game throughout European territories, with SEGA remaining as publisher." - Official Press Release

Read the full thing here: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172404

~Now At Retail~

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D

INFO:

- Use the 3DS camera to take pictures of things in real life in order to create in-game camo
- Players can switch to FPS mode or an over the shoulder camera
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D lets players walk while crouching, a feature that wasn't in the original game
- Gyro sensor is being used
- Tilting the 3DS too much while Snake is climbing or walking across a bridge may cause him to fall
- MGS 3D supports the Circle Pad Pro as a control option
- Yoshi (from the super mario franchise) makes an appearance in the game

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) MGS:SE 3D TGS Trailer
(Youtube) 3DS Trailer
(Youtube) 4 Minutes of Gameplay
(Youtube) Opening Cinematics Trailer

#331 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Keep up the work Jolly.

#332 Posted by TankZorz (1836 posts) -

Keep up the GREAT work Jolly.

GamerEye
Fixed that for you.
#333 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

[QUOTE="GamerEye"]

Keep up the GREAT work Jolly.

TankZorz

Fixed that for you.

Thanks.

#334 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

Pokemon Black & Pokemon White 2 are coming soon to the Nintendo DS (not a typo):

"Pokémon fans, get excited for two incredible new adventures! Announcing Pokémon Black Version 2 and Pokémon White Version 2, coming soon for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. The games can also be played in 2D on the Nintendo 3DS™ system. Keep checking Pokemon.com for details, including news, images, and videos, which will be revealed throughout the year." - Pokemon.com

Here is the first U.S teaser trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUTTKROEBjE

U.S website: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-black-version-2-pokemon-white-version-2/

Japanese teaser website: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign

Sources:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172672
http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219443p1.html

Monolith Soft's newly-formed Kyoto studio is hiring for a new 3DS project:

"Positions include effect designers, motion designers and 3DCG designers. The 3DCG designers will work on character modeling and 3D map modeling. The effect designers will work on effects for map and battle scenes. The motion designers will work on motion for things like monsters and characters. --

Monolith Soft, a Nintendo subsidiary, is known for such franchises as Xenosaga and Baten Kaitos. Most recently, they developed Xenoblade for Wii and also contributed to Zelda Skyward Sword." - Andriasang.com

Their main Tokyo studio is also working on a Wii U project.

Source: http://andriasang.com/con02n/monolith_3ds/

EA Sport's has confirmed that 3DS won't be getting its own version Madden NFL 2013 this year:

"Following speculation, EA Sports confirmed to NWR today that Madden NFL 13 will not be coming to 3DS this year. EA's official statement was short and to the point: "There will not be a new version for 3DS this year."" - NintendoWorldReport.com

EA Sports still plan to bring Madden NFL '13 to the Wii this year.

Source: http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/29265

Mobiclip is now an offical subsidiary of Nintendo:

"The company has specialised in delivering high-quality video to a number of devices, ranging from PCs to mobile phones, while ensuring that battery, memory and processor consumption is kept to a minimum. Not only has MobiClip successfully brought high quality animations to the humble DS cart, but it also launched the first ever iPhone live-TV application back in 2008. According to Gamasutra, this takeover was actually completed in October last year, but Nintendo only confirmed the news today. This seems to be a smart move, as MobiClip's video compression technology will more than likely be put to good use on both 3DS and Wii U." - NintendoLife.com

Sources:

http://www.mobiclip.com/
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/nintendo_confirms_takeover_of_mobiclip

Ryu and Ayane (from the Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive franchies) are both playable in Dynasty Warriors VS.:

"This week's issue of Famitsu revealed the Ninja Gaiden characters are playable in Dynasty Warriors Vs.

Samurai Warriors characters Sanada Yukimura, Mitsunari Ishida, and Naoe Kanetsugu are also in the Nintendo 3DS game. When you're in a pinch in battle you can summon a Mii to save you. Details on what the Mii does have not been revealed. Players can also create a custom general for Dynasty Warriors Vs. by choosing a gender, face, body type, armor, motions, voice, and musou skill." - Siliconera.com

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/22/dynasty-warriors-vs-adds-ninja-gaiden-characters-and-miis/

Marvel Pinball 3D is coming to the Nintendo eShop as a standalone title:

"While Zen Studios has released the tables as DLC for Zen Pinball on PlayStation Network, 3DS will get the Marvel tables as a standalone game, not add-on content for Zen Pinball 3D, the studio confirmed. Zen Studios plans to support Marvel Pinball 3D with Marvel-branded DLC, while it will bring original tables to Zen Pinball 3D. Two games, two sets of DLC. Simple." - NintendoLife.com

Sources:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172455
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/02/marvel_pinball_3d_a_separate_eshop_game_not_dlc

A 3D version of the endless tunnel racer 'SpeedX' by Gamelion is coming to the Nintendo eShop:

"SpeedX 3D for Nintendo 3DS is stunning tunnel racer that tests player's skill and transport him or her into a trans filled with great electronic music and hypnotic graphics. SpeedX 3D offers four game modes introducing players to more and more challenging places at speed that increases with every second. The question is: how far can the player go without losing the concentration?

Thanks to Nintendo 3DS power SpeedX 3D will immerse anyone into a dynamic world full of traps, leaps, tight corners, broad areas on randomly generated tracks. With graphics adjusted to the platform and smooth performance SpeedX 3D is one of the most addictive endless racing game to hit Nintendo 3DS." - Game-lion.com

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171552

Crash Time 3D is coming to the Nintendo 3DS:

"This new installment of Crash Time continues to build on the existing franchise with a more expansive and vividly realistic graphics engine and also introduces the series first ongoing storyline. Crash Time 3D immerses your into a completely open world environment - experiencing the fully interactive and destructible surroundings."

• In depth story line with an extensive range of mission types and challenges - unparalleled in the driving game genre
  • Bone shaking physics engine for intense crashes and collisions
  • A choice of more than 20 high speed vehicles Real time challenges ensure high replay value
  • State-of-the-art graphics and visual effects deliver a grand sense of scale Highway & Streets give you more than 100 km of race tracks
  • Integrated network play for online multiplayer mayhem - with up to 8 players
  • Five different scenarios: Highway, Harbor, Forest, Valleys, Police training
  • Five unique game modes: Campaign and Single Mission, Time Attack, Crash Haste (stop the criminals) and Rush Hour (race through the traffic)
  • Eight mission types: Race, locate a suspect, pursuit, escort a vehicle, avoid damage, stunts and more

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171688

This month's issue of Nintendo Power has an exclusive 7 page feature for Kingdom Hearts 3D, including a developer interview:

This month they also have previews for:

• Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Extreme Escape Adventure - Good People Die Young (3DS)
  • Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure (3DS)
  • Shifting World (3DS)
  • DarkSiders 2 (WII U)
  • Skylanders: Giants (WII)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles (WII)
  • Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (3DS)

You can preview some of the pages from this issue on their website: http://www.nintendopower.com/

The magazine itself should be available now.

Disney's upcoming video game themed movie Wreck-It Ralph has multiple cameos, including one king-sized koopa:

"Disney's new Wreck-It Ralph is a movie coming out in November about a video game villian named Ralph who decides he wants to be a hero. Inspiring stuff, but that's not why we're here. Above we have an image taken from the latest issue of Disney's D23 Magazine that sports some familiar looking faces. In order from left to right, we have Dr. Wily from Megaman, Bowser from Super Mario Bros., Zangief from Street Fighter, and Dr. Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog.

We've got no idea what the scene is about as of now, but Segabits.com suggest that "it's a video game villian support group." I think that suits the picture well enough. But what do you think they're talking about?" - ScrewAttack.com

Sources:

http://www.screwattack.com/news/wreck-it-ralph-has-famous-video-game-cameos
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172132

In an FN interview with Shin'en's Manfred Linzner, he talks about the company's upcoming eShop games and their plans for future Nintendo support:

"FN: Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is yet another title of yours on the works. What special features can we expect from this golf game? How does it distances itself from being a simulator and more of a casual experience?

ML: It's neither a simulation nor a pure casual experience. We see it more as a game for everyone because it has quite a lot of content for eShop and high production values while still being very easy to get into and it's big fun to play. We also implemented Miis. So you can play now with your own Mii and you can even customize its clothing. The game features a large ingame store where you can unlock tons of content with money you earn while playing the courses.

There are also special trickshot courses that are novel to the genre. We took also special care to let people decide how to play. You can use any combination of controls available on the 3DS. You can switch between touch and pad controls at any time. I think we created one of the most beautiful and fun eShop games so far. We are really looking forward its release, which should be only a few weeks away." - fnintendo.net

In the full interview he talks a bit about Shin'en's future plans for Nintendo support, and if those plans might involve the WII U.

Go here to read the full thing: http://www.fnintendo.net/

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172289

#335 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
The new puzzle that was sent out is pretty cool. Hopefully we see more of them from Ninty's big tittles.
#336 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

The Crash Time game looks interesting, are there any good need for speed type games out right now..?

#337 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

I can't wait for that Mini golf game. I love Mini golf. Any news on how much it will be?

#338 Posted by TankZorz (1836 posts) -

I can't wait for that Mini golf game. I love Mini golf. Any news on how much it will be?

GamerEye
We never know until it's released. Not even the developers know until Nintendo approves a price.
#339 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
OK, so Metroid's been updated and made available to non-ambassadors. A demo of Crush 3D's been added.
#340 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Mar 2)~

If anyone has any questions or feedback relating to the 3DS Info Thread you can message me, I don't mind. :D

@Spinnerweb

Yep. The first page has already been updated with that info. :)

@GamerEye

Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch! will be available in North America, Europe, and Australia on March 8th for €5.00 / $4.99.

And I'll be downloading it as soon as I can.

@ShuichiChamp24

Yeah, that new puzzle is nice. I think we'll be getting a 'Mario Tennis Open' pannel next.

@WreckEm711

The only Need for Speed type games out now on 3DS that I know of are Ridge Racer 3D and Need for Speed: The Run.

~Game Updates~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

The Animal Crossing 3DS section (on page 1) has been updated with more details.

The Bravely Default: Flying Fairy section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new video.

The Crush 3D section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 video.

~Other News~

Shin'en developed e-Shop game 'Fun! Fun! Minigolf Touch!' is releasing on March 8th in multiple regions:

"Fun Fun Minigolf TOUCH! will be hitting the eShop around the world next week. Shin'en has confirmed that it will be available in North America, Europe, and Australia on March 8 for €5.00 / $4.99." - NintendoEverything.com

About the game:

- Play with your own Mii
- Customize your Mii
- Touch Controls or Pad Controls
- Earn coins and spend them on flight tickets, Trickshot qualifications, luxury equipment and much more
- 81 holes, in lush stereoscopic 3D
- 9 Environments
- 9 Trickshot courses

Gameplay Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P1MYF5VXIw

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/83740/fun-fun-minigolf-touch-hitting-the-eshop-next-week/

Renegade Kid talks about the origins of Mutant Mudds, during a NintendoWorldReport Interview:

"The game originally was a 3D platformer on the DS in a similar vein to Super Mario Sunshine, though that changed over time in an unlikely way. "We started the development of a 2D platformer before it was Mutant Mudds, and before it was on the 3DS," Watsham explained. "It started as an XBLA title with a different character." - (Click here for the full interview)

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171717

Nintendo denies 'The Binding of Isaac' an e-Shop release due to "questionable religious content":

"Attention: After a long internal debate Nintendo has decided NOT to allow the Binding of Isaac on the 3ds. :( As many assumed the reasons were due to the games "questionable religious content". Thank GOD Steam exists!" - Team Meat's, Edmund McMillen via Twitter

McMillen later said that Nintendo were fine with the "suggestive themes, suggested child nudity, and gore." and even the game's M rating.

McMillen also went on to say that Nintendo's decision "won't hurt the chances of future games with them":

"Team Meat's Edward McMillen tells Joystiq it's "a bit primitive to 'censor' something due to religion, but it's [Nintendo's] platform and their choice on what they want to support." He also noted on Twitter that the decision hasn't soured the team's relationship with Nintendo, and that it "won't effect any future games with them." - Joystiq.com

Sources:

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172835
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/29/team-meat-looking-to-sony-platforms-for-binding-of-isaac/

Dead or Alive: Dimensions didn't sell as well as Tecmo Koei had hoped:

"We believe we squeezed pretty much all of the horsepower out of the 3DS that we could have, really," ... "In the performance sense we believe it was a great title. We hoped people would be playing more portable consoles out there but unfortunately that wasn't the case." - Team Ninja head, Yosuke Hayashi

As of November 11th 2011, Dead or Alive: Dimensions has sold 310,000 units worldwide.

Sources:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171917
http://andriasang.com/comyxc/

In Europe - New Shaun the Sheep episodes are coming soon to Nintendo Video:

"Nintendo have partnered with the multi award winning Aardman Animations, the creators of Chicken Run and Wallace And Gromit to offer Nintendo 3DS owners brand new 3D SpotPass content for free. From 7th March, on a weekly basis, fans of the farmyard antics of Shaun the Sheep will be able to watch 15 exclusive 3D clips of Shaun and his friends getting up to some brand new mischief.

Available to view for free via Nintendo Video, each clip features Shaun and his flock embarking on brand new 3D adventures for the first time. The whole gang are there including Shaun, Timmy, Bitzer, the Farmer and the flock and each week you will be able to watch them like never before via Nintendo 3DS."

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172082

The teaser website for Capcom, Sega and Bandai Namco's secret collaboration has been updated:

"If you hover over each image, you can see that each one pertains to a certain company. What does all this mean? Some internet sleuthing is going on right now, and it looks like these strands may correlate to some minimalist art for famous characters from each company." - GoNintendo.com

Take a look for yourself, here's the teaser website: http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172859

#341 Posted by Kirbside (314 posts) -

Triple X syndrome(also called 47,XXX or trisomy X):

• This syndrome results from an extra copy of the X chromosome in each of a female's cells. Females with trisomy X have three X chromosomes, for a total of 47 chromosomes per cell. The averageIQof females with this syndrome is 90, while the averageIQof their normal siblings is 100[1]. Their stature on average is taller than normal females. They are fertile and their children do not inherit the condition.[2] -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X_chromosome

So it I am guessing either it will be a 3 female characters with 3 X chromosomes or something else.

#342 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Only $4.99 for the mini golf game? Wow I was expecting it to be more...like 2 or 3 dollars more.

I'll deffiently get it once I get some money.

#343 Posted by pantyraid2113 (1976 posts) -

The Club Nintendo e-shop downloads for March are now available. There are two this month, Mario's Picross and Radar Mission, each for 100 coins. I will definitely get Picross, how is Radar Mission?

Disregard this I found the thread! :P my bad

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29071358/marios-picrossradar-mission-now-club-nintendo-rewards

#344 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

@Kirbside

That's a great guess, if the collaboration was something like that it would be very unexpected. :shock:

I'm wondering what type of game this will be, and I hope we won't have to wait long to find out.

@GamerEye

I thought the same thing, since Let's Golf 3D was $6.99 I was expecting Fun Fun Minigolf Touch to be the same price or a little higher.

@pantyraid2113

Thanks anyway, I'll post that news below.

A new RPG from the Etrian Odyssey series has been announced for 3DS - Etrian Odyssey IV: Legend of the Giant God:

Background art design is done by Nizou Yamamoto, who's worked on Studio Ghibli films - some notable ones include: Princess Mononoke, Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Daisuke Kaneda is directing. He was originally the battle designer for Etrian Odyssey 1 (DS), and director for Trauma Team (Wii). Other staff members include familiar Etrain Odyssey staff like Yuji Himukai (character designer), Shin Nagasawa (monster designer), and Yuzu Koshiro (sound).

"When you start off the game, you'll create your own character, selecting name, physical appearance and job, and build up a party of five members.One of the major new features for Etrian Odyssey IV is the switch to full 3D models for monsters. Previously, monsters had been shown as sprites. This is put to good use through the new powerful "F.O.E" enemies you'll encounter in dungeons." - Andriasang.com

There are 7 job cIasses:

Knight Seeker
Rune Master: Expert at elemental attacks
Dancer: Supports your allies with dance
Fortress: Iron wall that protects your allies
Swordsman
Medic: Recovery specialist
Sniper: Takes aim at foes from afar

This will be the first game in the series to include a casual mode:

"One reason is to allow the game to be enjoyed by players who may be busy or have not played the series before or those who just want to enjoy the dungeon exploration and map drawing component. The other reason is that the inclusion of casual mode will allow the staff to increase the difficulty of normal mode without worries." Andriasang.com

You'll be able to switch between normal and casual mode anytime you want.

Teaser Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ockF_cimV_o

Etrian Odyssey IV will be available July 5th in Japan, and based on the localization history of the series, we should be getting our hands on an english version around 5 or 6 months after the japanese release.

Sources:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/21/etrian-odyssey-iv-sailing-to-3ds-with-more-approachable-casual-difficulty-level/
http://andriasang.com/con03y/etrian_odyssey_site/
http://andriasang.com/con02c/etrian_odyssey_iv_screens/
http://www.gamespot.com/news/etrian-odyssey-iv-slated-for-july-in-japan-6350835

Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D - Details:

"Wonerland 3D is a remake of the the original 1998 Dragon Quest Monsters game. First announced at the Tokyo Game Show, Square Enix said the remake would have monsters from Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 2 Professional, all new monsters, new stories and other elements. The teaser site lists supports for local wireless, internet wireless and Streetpass." Andriasang.com

"In DQM Terry's Wonderland 3D, you form a battle party of up to four monsters. Your monsters have a size parameter, which effects the number you can have in your party at once.

To build up your monster party, you'll have to make use of the Scout System. During battle, you perform Scout Attacks against monsters you want to capture. Successfully strike with these attacks, and you'll build your scout gauge. The gauge is an indication of the percentage chance that the monster will become your party member. It's technically possible to capture a monster when the gauge is just 1%, although you'll probably want to build it up first. In addition to Scout Attacks, you can also use special items to increase the percentage." - Andriasang.com

There's a Slime Edition 3DS designed for the release of DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3D. It will be available in Japan on May 31st when the game goes on sale.

Sources:

http://andriasang.com/comz0q/
http://andriasang.com/comzzq/dqm_official_site/
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172836

Japan - Cobalt Blue 3DS and Special Edition Fire Emblem Bundle announced:

"Nintendo announced today that a Cobalt Blue version of the system will be released on March 22, priced the usual ¥15,000. This will be the system's sixth color variation following Cosmo Black, Aqua Blue, Flair Red, Misty Pink and Ice White.

A special version of the Cobalt Blue system will be bundled with Fire Emblem Awakening as part of a ¥19,800 "Special Pack" bundle. This will be released opposite Fire Emblem on April 19 and will be sold exclusively through Nintendo's online sales service. Buyers will get the ¥1,000 Fire Emblem point card as a free bonus." - Andriasang.com

Here is a picture of every color and special edition (so far):

Sources:

http://andriasang.com/con056/3ds_hardware/
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173011

999 sequel get's an official U.S name and one of the best press releases... EVER!:

"Regional Office of the International Disease Organization, Washington D.C. – February 28, 2012 – IDO agents working in California report that preliminary findings indicate the exceedingly dangerous Japanese adventure game known as "Zennin Shiboudesu" has somehow crossed the Pacific. Attempts were made to contain it, but some carriers seem to have escaped the quarantine and are now at large.

This game is extremely virulent and can be transmitted through physical contact (via the dual "Nintendo 3DS™" and "PlayStation®Vita" retail vectors) as well as through the air (via the "PSN" vector), which has prompted the IDO to declare this a level 6 pandemic. All uninfected persons are advised to remain indoors and avoid contact with others. If you suspect you have been infected, or suspect a friend or family member of being infected, report, or have them report, to the nearest IDO quarantine facility.

Similarity to an earlier strain known as "Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors" has lead to a recIassification: Both strains will now be considered members of the "Zero Escape" game series. Exposure to North America also seems to have caused Zennin Shiboudesu to mutate, and after much deliberation it has been determined that it will be referred to in all future literature as "Virtue's Last Reward" (see forthcoming department memo re: choice of strain name).

Virtue's Last Reward—or, alternatively, "VLR"—has been known to exhibit the following symptoms. If you begin to display any of these, distance yourself from friends and loved ones immediately, and proceed at once to the nearest IDO center.

Dual Language Support – Early cases show that VLR allows communication in both English and Japanese, with dialog playable in both languages. Whether or not this indicates damage to the languages centers of the brain is under investigation.

Puzzles and Story – Preliminary investigations show that this game progresses rapidly through a repeating cycle of two distinct stages, which have been termed the "Novel" and "Escape" stages. During the Novel stage, subjects find themselves engaged by a complex and mysterious story. During the Escape stage, subjects have been observed solving numerous puzzles.

Fully-Voiced Novel Sections – One of the indicators of the Novel stage is reportedly fully-voiced dialog: All characters except for the protagonist can be heard speaking during this stage.

Numerous Endings – VLR has been shown to exhibit numerous paths of infection, most of which are lethal. At press time, 24 different "endings" have been observed, each unique. Immersive Three-Dimensional Environment – Many infected patients have reported a feeling of increased immersion in their surroundings, often manifested in the ability to rotate the camera around a 3D room rendered in-game and select and manipulate objects in three-dimensional space.

Introduces New Characters, Brings Back Old Ones – Our files on 999 indicate that a number of the characters featured there appear again in VLR, although in what capacity is still unclear. This strain also introduces several new characters, all of whom merit additional investigation."

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172817

Rhythm Thief's final European boxart sure does seem familiar:

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172919

Square Enix has put out new art & screenshots for Bravely Defualt: Flying Fairy:

Go here to see more: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29073876/bravely-default---new-screens

3D Dot Game Heroes Developer 'Silicon Studio' is working on Bravely Defualt: FF:

"Silicon Studio, the company behind 3D Dot Game Heroes and the slick looking Cursor*10 conversion Onore no Shinzuru Michi wo Yuke, is working on their first Nintendo 3DS game.

You may have heard of it before – a little game called Bravely Default: Flying Fairy. When you boot the 3DS demo Square Enix's logo pops up on the top screen and Silicon Studios is displayed on the bottom screen indicating they are helping Square Enix develop Bravely Default." - Siliconera.com

Source: http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/28/3d-dot-game-heroes-developer-silicon-studio-working-on-bravely-default/

Nintendo Software Technology hiring a new employee, possibly working on a new title:

(Above: Project H.A.M.M.E.R was a Wii title they were working on that eventually got cancelled)

"This is part rumor and part fact. The rumor half of the story involves NST working on a new title. We don't know if it's for the 3DS or Wii U, but either would be fine with me! The fact part of the story involves NST looking to hire a senior software engineer for WebKit development. Perhaps we'll learn about this at E3 this year. Keep your fingers crossed!" - GoNintendo.com

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=173054

Mario's Picross and Radar Mission are now available as Club Nintendo rewards (100 coins each) until April 1st:

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29071358/marios-picrossradar-mission-now-club-nintendo-rewards

#345 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

Link

Ign has news on when the Game Cear Games will be coming to the eshop, apparently on March 15th.

If you look at all the dates that are provided, it makes me wonder what happened to updating the eshop every thursday?

#346 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
The 15th is a thursday, isn't it?
#347 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

The 15th is a thursday, isn't it?Raiko101

I think so and oh :lol: I read wrong, i cant read.

#348 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Link

Ign has news on when the Game Cear Games will be coming to the eshop, apparently on March 15th.

If you look at all the dates that are provided, it makes me wonder what happened to updating the eshop every thursday?

Gamingclone

Thats actually a pretty cool line up of games coming out this week and next week. I'm pretty stoked and confused at the same time. There are too many good eshop games to get now and I still have 40 hours of Tales to go and still need to pick up RE:R. Oh I almost forgot Kid Icarus is coming out soon too! What to do?

#349 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Som of the stuff I just noticed.

That new Ninty eshop tittle looks interesting. Reminds me of a game that I think was on WiiWare. Ketzal's Corridor

Also some new stuff on the Pit shorts.

Shaft's short is based around a cooking contest Palutena decides to host in Angel Land, with unforeseen consequences...

Studio 4ºC's revolves around Medusa's whole story, from before she was a monster till the present (Uprising).

Production I.G's is a traditional 3D CG action short revolving around Pit's fight against Tanatos

There is also Colors 3D trailer.

#350 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Cool. Can't wait for Color 3D.