3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11032 posts) -
Mutant Mudds to be released January 26th for $8.99 in NA
#252 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Mutant Mudds to be released January 26th for $8.99 in NAKaze_no_Mirai

Sweet.

#253 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

It would seem that gamespot has finally reviewed Mighty Switch Force and gave it a 7.5.

I understand wanting the game to be longer, but gees it seems they were being a bit critical of the Par-time. I don't know, maybe it was just me, but I didn't feel the need to get a better time then the par time on my first play through of the game. Oh well.

#254 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11032 posts) -
Sakura Samurai releasing February 2nd for $6.99 in NA
#255 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Sakura Samurai releasing February 2nd for $6.99 in NAKaze_no_Mirai

Wow, that's great, much cheaper than I expected.

#256 Posted by lettuceman44 (7971 posts) -
[QUOTE="ShuichiChamp24"][QUOTE="lettuceman44"]Hey guys quick question. Has it ever been confirmed that ambassador games will be available to everyone or will it only be for people who are in the ambassador program.

Ninty said the NES game would be on sale for everyone at a later time, and so far Zelda and Mario have gone up. The other 8 still haven't last I remember and they are only in Japan right now.

Thanks for the response!
#257 Posted by RandoIph (2041 posts) -
They had better bring that Fatal Frame spin off game over. That is not something I ever thought about them doing, and the concept seems really good.
#258 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
They had better bring that Fatal Frame spin off game over. That is not something I ever thought about them doing, and the concept seems really good.RandoIph
The camera game? It's been confirmed for a US release of april 13.
#259 Posted by RandoIph (2041 posts) -

[QUOTE="RandoIph"]They had better bring that Fatal Frame spin off game over. That is not something I ever thought about them doing, and the concept seems really good.ShuichiChamp24
The camera game? It's been confirmed for a US release of april 13.

Good, after the Fatal Frame 4 debacle, I was nervous about whether I would get to play this at all.

#260 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Umm... is there a way to download older demos?
#261 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11032 posts) -
Umm... is there a way to download older demos? SaltyMeatballs
Unfortunately Nintendo just got on board the demo bandwagon last week with RE Revelations. There should be a new demo this Thursday. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for NA and I'm not sure what Europe will get
#262 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]Umm... is there a way to download older demos? Kaze_no_Mirai
Unfortunately Nintendo just got on board the demo bandwagon last week with RE Revelations. There should be a new demo this Thursday. Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for NA and I'm not sure what Europe will get

Oh, because I thought Japan had Ace Combat and MGS3D demos :P Guess they need to step it up for the rest of the world.
#263 Posted by outworld222 (2367 posts) -

Anyone know if Cooking Mama Demo is upcoming?

Also any news on Super Mario Advanced 4: Super mario Bros 3?

#264 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Jan 23)~

@Gamingclone

Thanks! Who cares about my thoughts... on anything? :shock::?

Especially for something like Resident Evil: Revelations... but I guess I'll put them below in the "Other News" section anyway. :P

No, I didn't make that Pushmo puzzle. I've been thinking about making some and posting them on here, but I haven't gotten around to it.

@SaltyMeatballs

I don't think we'll be getting the Ace Combat demo, but we are getting a MGS3D demo which should be available some time in Febuary.

There's also a demo coming for Rayman: Origins (probably around the game's release in March).

@outworld222

A Cooking Mama 4 demo should already be in the european e-Shop, they haven't said anything about it coming to the north american shop though.

And I haven't heard any news about Super Mario Advanced 4: Super Mario Bros 3.

~Game Updates~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to page 1.

Resident Evil: Revelations section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 new detail. (Demo available)

Heads up: I've hit the character limits in almost all the main posts (on page 1 & 4), so there are going to be less game updates untill some of these games get released to free up some space. Three games coming out soon are RE:R, Tekken 3D and Metal Gear Solid 3D on Febuary 2nd, Febuary 14th and Febuary 21st, respectively. So expect more game updates after those 3 have been released.

I'll still be updating the 1st post weekly with the most recent e-Shop releases, and I should be able to update it a bit faster now that I'll be focusing on one post instead of four! Haha.

Right now I'm both excited and afraid of this years E3, excited for the games and announcements, afraid of the updates. :cry: (I'll probably just give it it's own thread)

~Other News~

Nintendo is re-branding/re-launching their online service as "Nintendo Network":

(Click here to read the thread I made about it)

And here's some speculation from around the net about what "Nintendo Network" is:

"Is Nintendo Network a genuinely new, unified online service with a bunch of new functionality, incorporating enhanced 3DS features (such as Zen Pinball 3D's smart use of obtaining scores from your friends on your global list, or Mario Kart 7′s much welcome "join friend" option) and Nintendo's new DLC initiative? Or is it a smart rebranding of Nintendo WFC, to help us forget the online service of old, where some developers had to ditch the service entirely on Wii to offer something Nintendo WFC couldn't (such as Monster Hunter Tri).

It's probably a bit of both, really. Nintendo really have made the right steps forward in their approach to online with 3DS, and this would make it the best time to make things a fresh start, with a new name to boot." - 3DSTribe.com

"A source that wished to remain anonymous has told us that Nintendo will launch a website accessible from any web browser that will handle configuration of your Nintendo Network account for use on the Wii U or 3DS. He also stated that Nintendo Network will include many new features that haven't been used before by Nintendo. According to his accounts: Nintendo Network = Sony PSN = Xbox Live.

UPDATE: Our source saw the article and wanted to make sure that people understood that he didn't mean necessarily that Nintendo's service will be better or feature every single detail that Sony and Microsoft do, rather that until now Nintendo hasn't even tried to compete but now they are going to create a service that is in full competition with the others. But of course, each one will still have their own styIe However, he had one other detail to add: "What I can add to all this is that there is in fact one feature that is significantly ahead of one of the competitors, and I'm not talking about the well know ability to video chat. A few users on another console will be quite upset." " -NintendoEnthusiast.com

"NintendoNetwork.com will not take you to Nintendo's official website. It seems that someone else has parked that domain. That might be why Nintendo jumped on NintendoNetwork.net, which does redirect you to Nintendo.com for now. I guess we can expect to see that put into use in the near future." - GoNintendo.com

My thoughts about the Resident Evil: Revelations demo
(I'll try not to spoil anything for those that didn't play it yet):

First off, D-E-M-O-S yay! I'm glad that we'll finally have a way to try out some games before we buy them.

Now about the game itself, after downloading the demo I went back and forth over whether or not I should actually play it... because I've NEVER played a Resident Evil before. I know a little bit about the story from the older games, and I've seen gameplay from some of the titles before, but I've never played one myself cause I'm a big chicken who's afraid of stuff coming out of nowhere to munch on my tasty bones.

Anyway, I finally started the demo up to try it out as my first RE experience and I went into the options menu to make some adjustments to the 3D effect, since "Normal" felt too weak and "Very Strong" had too much crosstalk, so I went with the "Strong" 3D setting which felt just right for me.

Leaving the options menu I started the real game, and at this point I'm being amazed by the graphical power that they were able to pull out of the little handheld. The main character is very detailed and the room I was in felt almost just as detailed, but I needed to find a friend so I had to find a way out of the room. And after looking around a bit I found the thing I was looking for that would free me from the room (I'm trying my best to avoid spoilers), then it happend... A THING came out of nowhere to munch on my tasty self so I had to fill it full'O the limited bullets I had, which made me worry since I didn't have much options for self defense if another monster came after me.

Thankfully after I made my way out of that room I found what looked to be an old supply room with about 5 bullets, a new gun and a herb to heal my (still tasty) self, so I started to feel a little better now that I had the ammo to go rambo... well no, it was really only enough to go half robo cop... but I still felt a bit better with it.

That is, untill they started to send multiple monsters at me -- then I panicked and wasted pretty much all the ammo I had collected on one of them, leaving me the options of well timed dodging to survive or using my tiny little pocket knife on it... so I did both! I waited for the right time to dodge (moving in the right direction at the right time) and then I attacked it with my knife and eventually killed it, I also wasted all the herbs I found...

Moving on to what looked to be the final area of the demo (and I didn't even think I would make it pass the first room) I found some explosives and I thought "GEEE, this should make things easy! Hahaha."... how wrong I was, becuase shortly after that I ran into a new monster that I couldn't dodge like I did the others and I forgot that I even had explosives. I had 0 herbs and 0 ammo on both weapons, so I decided to run from it in the hopes of finding a way out it, but it followed me and I hit a dead end, literally. (It moved surprisingly fast, or my character moved shockingly slow... I WAS wounded and stuff, but still.:P)

Overall: I think it's going to be a game that fans and newcomers to the RE series enjoy and it makes great use of the hardware, but I don't plan to pick it up anytime soon, since I'm still a big chicken and I'd likely stop less than halfway through. I'd love to play Raid Mode with my friends though and I think that would make the experience even better for me personally, if only to have some help through all the horrors.

I played the demo with the sound set kinda low so I can't truly judge the sound quality, but I liked what I did hear.

I thank whoever read all of that rambling, it was longer than I originally planned it to be. Alright back to the news!

Renegade Kid's retro platformer Mutant Mudds, and Nintendo's sword fighting adventure Sakura Samurai will both be available very soon:

"Renegade Kid announced that Mutant Mudds, the eagerly anticipated neo-retro platformer, will be available on January 26, 2012 for $8.99 USD through the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS"

"Nintendo has revealed the North American release date for Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword — 2nd February. The Nintendo-developed sword fighting game will cost you $6.99. No European release details have been revealed yet, so sit tight."

Sources:

http://3dsware.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/mutant_mudds_hits_eshop_on_26th_january
http://3dsware.nintendolife.com/news/2012/01/unsheath_sakura_samurai_art_of_the_sword_on_2nd_february

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy will support paid DLC:

"Tetsuya Nomura said recently that Theatrhythm Final Fantasy will have download content. Now, thanks to some pics that have surfaced showing the game's dummy box art, we know it has paid download content"

Source: http://andriasang.com/comzpx/theatrhythm_ff_nintendo_network/

In north america 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus is free when you pre order Kid Icarus: Uprising from certain retailers:

(I made a thread for it, click here for more details)

#265 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Nice, nice. I can't wait for the Nintendo Network. Also I need to get another $20 card for the 3DS.

#266 Posted by 195376358372165102514183220412 (492 posts) -

I can't believe that I found this just now. I mean, I subscribe to a dozen RSS feeds from a dozen other sites but at least I now have a decent GS-based source (that's not GS itself). Keep the info coming!

#267 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Jan 28)~

@GamerEye

The e-Shop releases have been on a roll lately! I'm also going to need to add another $20 soon.

@jwallace

I'm glad you found the thread, and I'll do my best to keep the info rolling.

~Game Updates~

New box art has been added to:

Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir (page 1)

Dynasty Warriors VS. (page 1)

Rayman: Origins (page 4)

~Other News~

Nintendo recently revealed details about their new online service called "Nintendo Network":

"Wii U:

- User accounts: Wii U will have individual user accounts, rather than one system-wide account.
- NFC: Near Field Communication ("touch" data transmission from accessories, credit cards, etc... sort of like QR/Streetpass combined) will be built-in.
- Online: Miyamoto: "Network has to have a totally new concept to be different."
- Wii U will be more than just improved graphics, but some games, like the new Zelda, will be graphical showcases.

3DS:

- NSMB 3DS announced: Planning to release a totally new side-scrolling action Super Mario in 2D as a key title for the Nintendo 3DS in the next fiscal year.
- 200 3DS titles in development.
- Nintendo first-party DLC: Nintendo considering DLC for their own software, mentions "Super Mario" as an example: "If a Super Mario user gets tired, we can then sell digital extras which will drive extra revenue, encourage higher communication amongst users, and possible increased satisfaction and hardware install bases."
- More Swapnote-like apps: Because of the success of Swapnote, Nintendo is considering other strategies to benefit from this social behaviour.
- "Path to profits is improve 3DS and focus on software. Super Mario titles will drive a lot of profitability."
- 60% of 3DS users have connected to the Internet; wants to expand digital offering, but at "infant stage" now.
- Iwata: "Nintendo's priority is to satisfy existing 3DS users, as well as to prepare titles that will expand the user base combined with network."

General:

- Third parties: Several new, previously unconsidered alliances/partnerships with third parties.
- Communities: Communities from Mario Kart will become a regular feature in Nintendo games
- Retail title downloads: 3DS and Wii U both support digital download of retail titles, but... they still aren't quite sure how to implement it just yet.
- Item billing: "We should not decline third parties if they want to offer item billing" (paying to unlock content).
- DLC: Still planning to offer DLC (possibly talking about their own software), but needs more time to complete its feasibility study on the market and its needs.
- More sharing: "Digital will include user to user communications and sharing"
- Better-paced software + DLC: Nintendo has learnt that it shouldn't have stagnant periods between software launches: can fill the gap, and DLC can extend the life of a title.
Asia: Planning products for Asia, local partners (WiiQue U?) yet to be announced; still issues of copyright.
- This will be Nintendo's worst financial year, but Iwata thinks the company can reach break-even on 3DS hardware in Q3 of this year.
- Miyamoto still around, Iwata angry at Wired. "Miyamoto is saying his basic work is to create a big hit."

Credit to GAF, charzard1605, ZIVX and anyone else that originally posted this info.

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460453

Nintendo president, Satoru Iwata, recently said that there are big-name 3DS titles coming, also multiple unannounced third party projects:

"The sales pace of the Nintendo 3DS drastically increased worldwide in the last year-end sales season and it was found out that, for the first year after the launch, the platform was selling at a faster pace than either the Nintendo DS or the Wii. This brought a pleasant surprise to the video game industry and changed the thoughts of third-party software developers for the better. We are now expecting a strong software lineup for the platform.

The specific titles will be released by each software developer, so I will not mention them here. I can say, however, that there will be more and more highly-anticipated titles for the Nintendo 3DS even in the U.S. and Europe where home console game systems lead the market.In addition, we absolutely need to keep the vitality of evergreen titles and release new key titles seamlessly for the Nintendo 3DS in order to maintain the momentum of the platform throughout the year."

Source: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/120127/03.html

Resident Evil: Revelations price goes down to $39.99 which is $10 less than the previous price:

Source: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/resident-evil-revelations/91114

Zombie Slayer Diox is coming to the Nintendo e-Shop:

"Zombie Slayer Diox™ is a rhythm-action game with a side-scrolling twist! Designed and developed by UFO Interactive Games internally, Zombie Slayer Diox™ puts you into the jeans and leather boots of a samurai guitarist in the year 20xx. Zombies have taken over most major cities in the world and our hero, Diox, is on a quest to put an end to the undead. Diox lures the zombies with his sweet songs and sick guitar solos, and he cuts them down with his mighty katana when they get close. There is a rumor that deep within zombie territory, a super guitar amp exists that can be used to kill thousands of zombies at once with a strum of a simple power chord… Zombie Slayer Diox™ is set for release early 2012."

(Youtube) Zombie Slayer Diox Official Trailer

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170898

In an interview with Modojo, Renegade Kid co-founder Jools Watsham explains why Mutant Mudds lacks DLC, they're also planning big 3DS support:

"M: It seems like time is such an understated element to this game. I didn't know I was being timed until it ran out on one particular occasion. Why didn't you put online leaderboards into Mutant Mudds?

JW: We considered adding on-line leaderboards as well as support for DLC, but the amount of work required to make this happen is tremendous. Our goal for our first self-published eShop title was to create a good game that focuses on the single-player experience and have it launched at the beginning of the eShop's life. This is no easy task in itself, so adding substantial features on top of this would have clouded our goal."

Go here for the full interview: http://www.modojo.com/features/mutant_mudds_interview_with_creative_director_jools_watsham/

#269 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Zombie Slayer Diox is coming to the Nintendo e-Shop:

"Zombie Slayer Diox™ is a rhythm-action game with a side-scrolling twist! Designed and developed by UFO Interactive Games internally, Zombie Slayer Diox™ puts you into the jeans and leather boots of a samurai guitarist in the year 20xx. Zombies have taken over most major cities in the world and our hero, Diox, is on a quest to put an end to the undead. Diox lures the zombies with his sweet songs and sick guitar solos, and he cuts them down with his mighty katana when they get close. There is a rumor that deep within zombie territory, a super guitar amp exists that can be used to kill thousands of zombies at once with a strum of a simple power chord… Zombie Slayer Diox™ is set for release early 2012."

(Youtube) Zombie Slayer Diox Official Trailer

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=170898

JollyGreenOne

Well that game sounds interesting. Isn't UFO Interactive the same company that made the e-Shop game "Samuai Sword Destiny"? I'm too lazy to check :P...lol. If so then I think I might get this game as well because I thought that SSD was a good game.

Also keep up the good work of keeping this thread up to date :P

#270 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
Would a new copy of devil survivors be worth 33.99? I seen it at store not sure if I should grab it up.
#271 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

Would a new copy of devil survivors be worth 33.99? I seen it at store not sure if I should grab it up.AutoPilotOn
I looked on Amazon and Ebay, judging by their prices you'd be getting a deal if you found it new for $33.99. None of their prices went below $34.99 and some even went as high as $99.99.

I assume that you're talking about the 3DS version. Right?

Well that game sounds interesting. Isn't UFO Interactive the same company that made the e-Shop game "Samuai Sword Destiny"? I'm too lazy to check :P...lol. If so then I think I might get this game as well because I thought that SSD was a good game.

Also keep up the good work of keeping this thread up to date :P

GamerEye

Thanks, I'll do my best. :D

I just checked the 3DS section of their website and yes, they're same the company that made "Samurai Sword Destiny".

Here's the link: http://www.ufointeractivegames.com/platform.asp?p=n3ds

#272 Posted by chaoz-king (5952 posts) -
I may not really know what I'm talking about here but a lot of the games on that list that I want to play only have a date set for JP and with the 3DS being region locked I couldn't import. So what are the chances of them getting an NA release?
#273 Posted by chaoz-king (5952 posts) -
I may not really know what I'm talking about here but a lot of the games on that list that I want to play only have a date set for JP and with the 3DS being region locked I couldn't import. So what are the chances of them getting an NA release?
#274 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

3DS really does have new visuals. Does it have the best? We'll have to wait for the full release.

#275 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -

3DS really does have new visuals. Does it have the best? We'll have to wait for the full release.

ChubbyGuy40

Nice, man, but for reasons unknown even to myself, I prefer the PS2 version :o

#276 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Seems like the ESRB has rated some gamegear game for the virtual console.

Shinobi and Sonic Triple Trouble

Link

#277 Posted by superfalcon1234 (258 posts) -

Seems like the ESRB has rated some gamegear game for the virtual console.

Shinobi and Sonic Triple Trouble

Link

ShuichiChamp24

That's big news ( sega still prefers Nintendo :P)

#278 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

Shinobi! Sweet. Wonder what elsecould come along dwn the line. I didn't have a Game Gear, but did have a Genesis.

#279 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8133 posts) -
I used to have a game gear but I can't remember what the good games were. I had limited choice being to young to work.
#280 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
Didn't see a game recommendation thread, so I've decided to ask in this thread. D= is Art Academy worth 150 coins?
#281 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Didn't see a game recommendation thread, so I've decided to ask in this thread. D= is Art Academy worth 150 coins?lbjkurono23
Really depends what you want to get out of it. Has a good amount of material in the first one, colors,different types pencils, brushes, and it teaches you about shadowing, mixing colors and angles. You can even save them to your SD card and print em. I enjoyed it so 150 coins I think is good.

Edit;

Looks like Japan is finally getting Kid Icarus Myth and Monsters on the virtual console.

#282 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]Didn't see a game recommendation thread, so I've decided to ask in this thread. D= is Art Academy worth 150 coins?ShuichiChamp24

Really depends what you want to get out of it. Has a good amount of material in the first one, colors,different types pencils, brushes, and it teaches you about shadowing, mixing colors and angles. You can even save them to your SD card and print em. I enjoyed it so 150 coins I think is good.

Edit;

Looks like Japan is finally getting Kid Icarus Myth and Monsters on the virtual console.

Just to mess around, so I guess it's worth it for me.:P

Thanks for your input D:

#284 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11032 posts) -

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"]Didn't see a game recommendation thread, so I've decided to ask in this thread. D= is Art Academy worth 150 coins?ShuichiChamp24

Edit;

I wonder if NA will get it
#285 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Feb 8)~

I may not really know what I'm talking about here but a lot of the games on that list that I want to play only have a date set for JP and with the 3DS being region locked I couldn't import. So what are the chances of them getting an NA release? chaoz-king

Which games are you talking about specifically?

I feel every game featured in this thread has at least a 60% chance of being localized, and I can name a reason for each one if you'd like. :)

@ChubbyGuy40

Thanks for posting that picture.

The ones that look the best in my eyes are the original version (it looks "natural"), and the 3DS version (it doesn't look washed out).

@The talk about Kid Icarus Of Myths and Monsters

It's pretty much guaranteed that NA and EU will get it eventually, and I bet it won't be too long after Uprising comes out.

~Game Updates~

Resident Evil: Revelations is out now, so it's section has been removed from page 4, but all it's info is below.

~Other News (Super Edition)~

Nicalis (Developer of games such as: Cave story, Night Sky & La-Mulana) feel that the e-Shop is a major step in the right direction for Nintendo:

"The eShop, I feel, has really turned things around for Nintendo on the digital side because the storefront is heavily feature-driven. Any publisher can still produce whatever it wants, similar to iOS in both regards. However, given the feature-oriented nature, the eShop is quasi-curated without being some lame PR line like, 'consciously developing a curated portfolio' . That's a steaming pile of PR right there, but that's another story altogether." ----

"I'm pretty certain that the number of total downloads (across all games etc) on most platforms typically hovers around the same rough figure. So, say you have 200 total customers to a given service per day, in the case of WiiWare, they're getting lost in an ocean of blah. Other services, like eShop, have systems in place to control what people get to see and, to me, this is ideal.

Since the eShop is heavily feature-driven, this not only helps promote titles, it forces publishers and developers to make better games, hopefully. You want to get featured? You better have something good to show, curated or not. Will this change in the future? I have no idea as I'm not Mr.Iwata, but I do know that compared to how we did on WiiWare and DSiWare, eShop has a much better outlook. " - Tyrone Rodriguez, Nicalis

The eShop releases have been great lately, and I can only hope it gets better from here.

To read his full quote, go here: http://www.destructoid.com/nicalis-nintendo-has-turned-things-around-with-the-eshop-221258.phtml

A Nintendo employee has gone missing:

"Police say the disappearance of an Everett woman on Monday is so out of character they are asking for the public's help in finding her. Meara Lynn Nichols told her husband she was taking the day off from her job at Nintendo to attend a conference at her 16-year-old son's school, Matthew Nichols said. But without any word from her Monday and no sign of her at work Tuesday, Matthew Nichols called the school and learned that no conference was scheduled.

School officials also told Nichols that his wife was not seen at the school Monday. Police said Meara Nichols, 33, did not have a car and left her purse behind when she went missing."

I sure hope she's alright.

To read the full story, go here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2017418274_missingwoman04m.html

Renegade Kid is happy with the reception Mutant Mudds has gotten:

"It has been an incredible week for #MutantMudds. The reception has been wonderful. It bodes well for the future of eShop. Onto the next..." - Jools Watsham, Renegade Kid

They really deserve it! And if you haven't done it yet, I totally recommend downloading Mutant Mudds. Especially if you're a fan of MegaMan-esque games, or even just platforming games in general.

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171266

Retro Studios recently finished working on certain tracks in Mario Kart 7, and IGN is wondering what they're doing now:

"But what is Retro working on? The developer has acquired a variety of artists, designers and animators that have experience at Visceral, Vigil, Insomniac, Red Fly and Naughty Dog. In other words, folks who have worked on titles like Dead Space, Darksiders, Ratchet and Clank, Force Unleashed II on Wii and Uncharted 3 have joined one of Nintendo's premier second party/subsidiary developers. With any luck, we'll learn what Retro has been crafting at E3 2012. Until then, here are some of our best guesses at what we might see." - Richard George, IGN.com

Wouldn't it be fantastic if they were working on a new title for Wii U and 3DS?... One can only dream...

To read the full article, go here: http://wii.ign.com/articles/121/1216454p1.html

Nintendo is sending out a new 3DS color just in time for Valentine's:

"Nintendo of America has a perfectly pink new option for consumers looking to win over their loved ones this Valentine's Day. Starting Feb. 10, a Pearl Pink edition of the Nintendo 3DS™ hand-held system – previously available only as part of a limited-edition bundle – will be available as a stand-alone item at retailers nationwide, offered at a suggested retail price of $169.99." - Nintendo PR

My nieces would drive my sister carzy if they knew about this... :P

To read the full press release, go here: http://nintendoeverything.com/81920/pink-nintendo-3ds-system-to-make-sweethearts-swoon-starting-feb-10/

A new e-Shop RPG has been announced called "Denpa Ningen RPG", developed by Genius Sonority:

"Denpa Ningen (literally "electric wave person"), in the game's vernacular, are little critters which exist alongside the electric waves that float around you every day. Your goal is to use your 3DS to capture the Denpa Ningen and create a team to rescue an important person from the demon king.

There are many types of Denpa Ningen. Some have elemental properties which can be discerned based off their color. Some have antennas, which indicate special abilities. The body size of the Denpa Ningen is related to HP, attack strength, and speed. You'll need to assemble a varied party before heading out to dungeons. Denpa Ningen will be released via the e-Shop on February 8, priced ¥800." - Anoop Gantayat, Andriasang.com

It seems like a more fleshed out Find Mii+Face Raiders. Nintendo has been pretty good about localizing their downloadable titles, so we'll probably hear about an english version around E3, if not sooner. And I'm honestly looking forward to trying this out.

To see more screenshots and the first trailer, go here: http://andriasang.com/comztc/denpa_ningen/

Did you know that according to an old issue of Nintendo Power, the Star Fox crew doesn't have legs:

"Legless pilots can handle more Gs than their legged bretherin. When gravity forces blood from the brain to lower extremities, it causes the pilot to black out. But if you have no legs to force blood to, more blood can stay in the brain, and it's easier for the heart to pump blood back to the brain. Their legs were probably voluntarily amputated as these are all trained pilots. Their futuristic society allows for prosthetics that allows them to walk and run normally so there's no loss in performing these amputations." - NintendoPower

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171031

Swapnote was originally in development for DSi, it had more features in some areas, and disadvantages in others:

"Even then, it was shaping up quite nicely. But it had a few weaknesses. For example, the Nintendo DSi system itself didn't have the Friend List, so we put that function into the software. But you could only register 18 friends. Another big weakness was that you had to manually access the server all the time to check whether you have received a diary from others or not. It was unavoidable that sometimes you would think, "Did it come in? Argh! It didn't!"" - Director Daiji Imai, from Nintendo's Network Business Department

Features were cut to streamline the messaging software:

"We tried various kinds of 3D representation and multiple color pens. If you do that, though, the controls get complicated and it turns into software only for those with artistic skills. So I carefully selected what functions to include and placed emphasis on something that anyone could write easily, send right away, and use comfortably. As a result, I feel like it turned out to be something that many people can use." - Programmer Satoshi Takenouchi

To read the full interview with the Swapnote developers, go here: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/swapnote/0/0

Here's a pretty cool fan-made trailer for "The Legend of Zelda: The Lost Oracle" (Yes, the game is also fake):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNgtIrSHack

Who else would like to see the next Zelda with a similar styIe?...*Crickets*...Guys?...AWWW COME ON! I can't be the only one. :(

Shin'en are adding more control options into European & Japanese copies of Nano Assault:

"Shin'en has told Nintendo Everything that the European/Japanese versions will contain an "Invert Y Axis" option. This was apparently a much requested feature in the North American edition. Nano Assault goes on sale in Japan on April 19. A European release date has yet to be announced." -Valay, NintendoEverything.com

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/82185/europeanjapanese-versions-of-nano-assault-getting-new-control-option/

n-Space's Tim Schwalk reconfirms that Heros of Ruin supports voice chat and daily challenges:

"Revogamers: Early on, you announced voice chat, online auctions and further SpotPass content. Is it still on track? Are you facing any barriers to implement those functionalities?

Tim Schwalk: It's always challenging pushing the envelope, but we're really excited about what we've been able to accomplish for Heroes of Ruin. Voice chat is on track, as are daily challenges that add additional quest content every day for at least a year! We've never had an online auction house in the plans, but it sounds like you're referring to our Trader's Network Street Pass feature, which is a lot of fun!"

Mr. Schwalk is actually on my friends list, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) playing online with him once the game comes out.

To read the full interview, go here (page 3&4 is the translated text): http://www.revogamers.net/entrevistas/entrevista-heroes-of-ruin-948/3.html

The ESRB have rated 2 Game Gear games for the 3DS Virtual Console:

- Shinobi
- Sonic Triple Trouble

Hopefully they'll both be available soon!

Source (Thanks ShuichiChamp24): http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=171078

~Games Now At Retail~

Resident Evil: Revelations

INFO:

~e-Shop demo available now~

- Bottom screen shows a waypoint set on the map that you need to visit
- Use the touchscreen or tap the dpad to use the scanner
- Hold R to switch into a green-hued first person mode, then hold Y for scans
- Scan things to find ammo, herbs and add to your scan percentage
- Silent passages will let out a creak from time to time, letting you know baddies are lurking about
- Controls are improved from Mercenaries
- Final game will support "Slide Pad Expansion" which lets you move while aiming
- Canine enemies return
- Quick-time events pop up if the dogs nail you
- Use BOW decoys to lure the dogs away - BOW decoys are timed grenades
- Game is split into episodes, splitting between Jill and Chris
- Setting was changed due to make things interesting
- Game takes place between RE 4 and 5
- Focusing on the survival horror feeling
- Enemies are not zombies infected by the T-virus
- Features two-player local and online co-op, in addition to StreetPass support
- The game also comes on a 4GB 3DS card (RE4 was around 3GB)
- If you turn off the 3D effect, anti-aliasing is applied
- An extra difficulty mode called "Hell mode" unlocks once you beat the game for the first time
- A noticeable difference in this extra mode is that enemies move twice as fast

Official Website: http://www.residentevil.com/revelations/
Release Thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29008770/resident-evil-revelations-pre-release-thread---a-return-to-survival-horror

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Launch trailer *Spoilers*
(Youtube) Terragrigia trailer
(Youtube) Raid Mode Gameplay
(Youtube) 10 minutes of Off-Screen Gameplay
(Youtube) 2011 Nintendo conference trailer
(Youtube) TGS trailer

#286 Posted by xxxxRemmyxxxx (132 posts) -

I was just wondering when Fun Fun Mini Golf is coming out? I heard about it a while back, but it hasn't showed up in the E-shop yet.

#287 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

Nice post Jolly! (Once Again)

A few points:

1. Nano Assault getting inverted controls for Europe/Japan. Thats great news for them, sadly, we didnt get it. It was the only reason I didnt buy the game. I wish they could update the game with that feature for us. Based on it not being "game breaking"I'm sure they wont, but it sucks.
  2. Do you really have Tim Schwalk on your friends list? I remember the article with him being interviewed and him saying that he would add anyone that left their FC's in the comment section. I posted mine and added his, but he never added me sadly.
  3. I noticed a Duck Tales 2 review on that old Nintendo Power cover. Wow, I dont even remember a sequel to Duck Tales. It was probably before your time (As I think I might be older than you. Im 31), but Duck Tales was an awesome game.

Anyways, good to see you keeping us updated!

#288 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

So Kid Icarus will come with 6 AR cards, that's pretty cool. Link

#289 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

The e-Shop is coming along great.

Also, recently I got and beat Nano Assualt, and I must say that, personally speaking, the game doesn't need revirse Y-axis controls as the normal controls work pretty well...least for me anyways. Great game.

#290 Posted by Regent192 (6701 posts) -

does anyone know how long tales of the abyss is?

#291 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
About 2cm in both height and width.
#292 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

About 2cm in both height and width.Raiko101

Lol :lol:

This sounds about right.

#293 Posted by Regent192 (6701 posts) -

I'm not talking about ur small **** :P

#294 Posted by Spinnerweb (2928 posts) -
Lulz. I think 3DS cartridges are a bit more than that, though. Anyway, it depends on how much time you spend on it, how quickly or slowly you figure stuff out :P
#295 Posted by Regent192 (6701 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]About 2cm in both height and width.Spinnerweb
Lulz. I think 3DS cartridges are a bit more than that, though. Anyway, it depends on how much time you spend on it, how quickly or slowly you figure stuff out :P

I just want an estimate :P

#296 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3D demo is coming out next update Link

#297 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -

Mutant Mudds was really disappointing for me, doesn't feel like it was worth 9 dollars.

#298 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26100 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 3D demo is coming out next update Link

ShuichiChamp24

Great news.

#299 Posted by videog (306 posts) -

Y they no make metorid 3d.......whhhhyyyyy!!! boohoo:cry:

#300 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -

Don't know if I should have made a thread but the ambassador games seems to be getting the updates now.