3DS Info Thread (e-Shop releases, Games, Pics and Vids!) *Last Updated: SEP 22

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#151 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
Got Cave Story today. I'm mega hyped right now! WoooO!
#152 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11344 posts) -
Got Cave Story today. I'm mega hyped right now! WoooO!Raiko101
Have you played the eshop version? If so how does it compare? Is it worth it if you already played the eShop version? Sorry for the questions :P I'm thinking of picking it up
#153 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
The Mario land in timesquare was pretty boring, nothing like the events they do at Ninty world store. Got Mario 3D though.
#154 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -

[QUOTE="Raiko101"]Got Cave Story today. I'm mega hyped right now! WoooO!Kaze_no_Mirai
Have you played the eshop version? If so how does it compare? Is it worth it if you already played the eShop version? Sorry for the questions :P I'm thinking of picking it up

I have the game from the eShop, and frankly I think it's great. I love the old school graphic style, and the difficulty is really well tuned. It can be hard and challenging, but I've never had an issue with it being overly hard for the sake of doing so. Save spots are pretty generous around, and they refill your health and ammo. Actually, the challenge of the game isn't really dying, it's not letting yourself level down I feel. The weapons are all great for their own situation, and getting them maxed out and keeping them that way is the fun. I'd recommend it frankly.

#155 Posted by Twisted14 (3497 posts) -
So does anyone know when the major 3DS firmware update is coming out? I can't seem to find any info on it, unless I'm just missing it.
#156 Posted by ii20JcM05ii (394 posts) -

Any news on the 10 GBA embassador games?

#157 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
I can't comment on whether its not worth picking up on top of the eShop purchase, because us Brits haven't got it on the eShop yet. I assume it is if you were buying the 3D version first and the eShop release afterwards as the 2D graphics are quite charming.
#158 Posted by nintendude01 (177 posts) -

Alright 3D Classics Kirby Adventure is available for the eshop right now!!!!

#159 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to the original post.

Super Mario 3D Land, Need For Speed The Run, Cooking Mama 4, Ace Combat: A.H.L and Shinobi are out now, that means their sections have been removed from the main posts, but all their info is below.

Feel free to comment about any of the games, information, pictures and videos that you've seen in the thread! I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

The ~Other News~ section will return next week.

~Now At Retail~

Super Mario 3D Land

INFO:

- Items are not timed power-ups like in Galaxy
- Music features remixes of cIassic tunes and sound-alike tunes
- Use the binoculars to zoom in on Toad, and he'll give you a reward
- Goombas, Koopas, Boos and Piranha Plants return
- Black Piranha Plants spit black goo at the screen
- New enemies like insects and tiny dragons
- Multiple secrets hidden by perspective and optical illusions
- Some levels are top-down
- Warp Zone in World 1-2 now leads directly to World 2
- First world is completely linear and contains four main stages, Bowser's castle, and a Mushroom House
- Unlock stages by collecting medals
- Die a few times and an Assist Block will appear
- These blocks offer up special items (i.e. Tanooki leaf)
- Die five times and an invincible leaf will appear
- The invincible leaf gives you the Tanooki suit as well as star power
- P Wing block instantly transports Mario to the end of the stage
- Includes StreetPass support, which lets players exchange "Mystery Boxes" with each other

PICS:

More Pics
3D PICS
(View the pictures on that site in 3D by using your 3DS internet browser, tap on the pic you want and then save it)

VIDS:

(Youtube) New power-up and StreetPass features trailer
(Youtube) Brand New Adventure trailer
(Youtube) Reveal trailer
GameSpot Hands-on Impressions video
(Youtube) TGS & e-Shop debut trailer
(Youtube) Developer Interview video

Need for Speed: The Run

INFO:

- No on-foot sections
- Race from San Francisco to New York
- The Nintendo 3DS game features over 200 miles of track and 40 supercars to drive
- Knock opponents off the road
- 2d comic book cutscenes
- Nine different race types
- Gas and brake are the shoulder buttons
- Face buttons for controlling drift and boost
- Fill the boost meter by driving into oncoming traffic and pulling off crazy stunts
- Mini-challenges like tracing a U-turn logo on the touch screen to keep from dying
- Mini-challenge: drive and swerve to avoid a helicopter trying to shoot you down
- 26 stages spread out over five acts
- Beat all that to unlock 40 challenges
- These challenges act as an asynchronous Autolog with your friends
- Set a high score and your friends will see it on their systems the next time they jump into the game
- StreetPass races
- The 3DS game also includes Local and Online racing
- This will be the first handheld version of Need for Speed's Autolog system

PICS:

VIDS:

(Youtube) 5 minutes of Gameplay

Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic

INFO:

- Use the stylus as your cooking utensil to chop, slice, stir, knead, roll, toss and more in more than 200 unique mini games
- Use the 3DS gyroscope to cook in brand new ways: crack eggs, balance plates of food, flip meals in a pan, grate cheese and more
- Watch kitchen mishaps unfold in comedic 3D events and work to save your mistakes with additional activities on top of each recipe step
- Create 60 recipes including: Designer Cupcakes, Gourmet Popsicles, Takoyaki, New England Clam Chowder, Corn Dogs and Cherry Pie
- Combine any two recipes to make your very own dish
- Recipes progress from simple to complex, from small to large dishes
- Earn bronze, silver, and gold medals from Mama based on the quality of your cooking
- Customize your kitchen & dress up Mama with fun earned outfits and accessories
- Combine two recipes to make your very own delicious or unusual dish
- A total of 416 different combinations
- Cook off with up to 4 players in Challenge Mode

PICS:

VIDS:

(Youtube) Gameplay preview

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy

INFO:

- The fast-paced action of the ACE COMBAT series is even more immersive with the addition of 3D gameplay
- Lock-on to enemies and fire at will using the touch screen
- Experience the exhilaration of becoming an ace pilot with added control mechanics that enable split-second counter-maneuvers, dynamic dogfight action and satisfying enemy takedowns
- Full variety of real-world aircrafts to fly and diverse range of missions to enjoy
- Uses the Slide Pad Expansion as a control option

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) TGS trailer
(Youtube) 2011 Nintendo conference trailer

Shinobi 3D

INFO:

- 2.5D Side-scroller
- New ninja hero
- Katana strikes andCombo attacks juggle your foes in the air
- Take on enemies from afar with an auto-recharging supply of kunai
- Blast foes with fire, water, lightning, shadow magic
- Double jumps and evasive slide attacks
- Grappling hook allows the hero to reach high places
- Wall-jump and swing hand-over-hang from the ceiling
- Press R to parry enemy attacks
- With the new parry system in almost all circumstances you can perform it
- Parry against attacks that come at you from behind or even while you're jumping
- Game kicks off when Oboro Village falls under attack by mysterious enemy forces
- This village is your home
- While you're running through burning temples and cross-collapsing bridges, you'll take on ninjas and a samurai while buildings crumble n the background and explosions rock the landscape
- You'll then fight on horseback while running through a forest
- Survive an ambush while riding a raft down a raging river
- Climb a waterfall by jumping from falling logs
- Explore caves and snowcapped mountains
- Battle a female warrior who can disappear in a puff of black smoke
- The events above take place in the first level of the game
- Later stages: Fight on the back of a moving jet (homage to SEGA's Afterburner), duel a giant cyborg megalodon shark
- 3D shuriken-throwing minigame (inspired by the original game)
- Unlock bonus content by completing in-game challenges
- Save your level playthroughs, and share them with other players
- StreetPass support
- Griptonite Games confirmed as the developer

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) 12 minutes of Gameplay from NY Comic-Con 2011
(Youtube) ''New Champion'' trailer
(Youtube) Japanese trailer
(Youtube) Gameplay trailer
(Youtube) E3 Gameplay
(Youtube) Debut trailer

@Twisted14:

The only time that Nintendo has given for the firmware update is this november, they held a conference last month and I made a thread for it, so I'll just quote the firmware bits.

3DS Firmware Update

A 3D video capture feature is being added to Nintendo 3DS Camera, which will let users record up to 10 minutes of 3D video and there are many options like interval recording, which allows people to create their own 3D stop-motion animation videos. The firmware will also add the ability to transfer 3DS software to other systems, and basic improvements to the e-shop.

Swapnote (A 3DS messaging program)

Enables you to exchange messages with your friends via StreetPass and SpotPass. You can even add your own 3D Photos and voice recordings to the messages. You can send these messages to your friends, and they will recieve them via SpotPass. So even if your friend is not online, they will get them as soon as they open up their 3ds. If they are online, they will get them instantly. Available for FREE download in December.

StreetPass Mii Plaza update

Mii plaza will be getting new features such as new puzzles and a 2nd Find Mii quest. The 2nd Find Mii quest will be deeper with branching routes, it also lets you use 2 heroes at once to fight enemies with combination attacks. You'll need to beat the 1st quest before you can start this new one.JollyGreenOne

Full Conference Thread

@ii20JcM05ii

There hasn't been a peep of news about the 10 GBA games, which is weird since this year is almost over.

@nintendude01

Did you get Kirby's Adventure? If so, what do you think about it?

#160 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26150 posts) -

Super Mario 3D Land is f'ing 10/10 worthy. This game is perfect in damn near every way.

#161 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6019 posts) -
Hey JGO- just heard that Metroid 2 is hitting the eshop real soon from Pocket Gamer.
#162 Posted by sailor232 (4713 posts) -

Super Mario 3D Land is f'ing 10/10 worthy. This game is perfect in damn near every way.

ChubbyGuy40

Yip, it just came out today in New Zealnd and picked it up about 5 hours ago, had to put it down because the 3ds battery died on me LOL. I could had plugged it in but I was so addicted to finish a level that I couldnt tear myself from the couch. Do you play it with the 3d depth or pop out??

#163 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26150 posts) -

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

sailor232

Yip, it just came out today in New Zealnd and picked it up about 5 hours ago, had to put it down because the 3ds battery died on me LOL. I could had plugged it in but I was so addicted to finish a level that I couldnt tear myself from the couch. Do you play it with the 3d depth or pop out??

Pop-out for me. Depth looks better in some scenarios, but pop-out provides the 3D effect I like. The game is so damn amazing that I'd rate it up there with SMG1/2.

#164 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Major Thread Update!~

Mario Kart 7's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 3 new videos and 1 new detail.

Kid Icarus: Uprising's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 1 new video and 3 videos from a Gamescom demo.

Monster Hunter 3G's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 11 new details.

Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 1 new video.

Tekken 3D Prime Edition's section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 6 new details.

Resident Evil: Revelations section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 1 new detail.

Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin and Planet Crashers 3D have been added to the thread (on the 4th page).

Crush 3D's section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 1 new video. (I love the voice of that narrator)

Sonic Generations is out now so it's section has been removed, but you can find all it's details below.

~Other News~

Nintendo's new downloadable IP, Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword, is coming to the North American e-Shop this January:

"Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword lets players travel to ancient Japan and guide a young warrior as he battles waves of enemy soldiers to save a princess. He must identify the enemy's attack move, dodge it by a hair and counter-attack with his own mystical Sakura Sword to win the battle. The game launches in January.

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword is just one of many high-quality, Nintendo-published downloadable games that can be found in the Nintendo eShop." - Nintendo

Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword Trailer (It's name in Japan is Nimble Sakura Warrior): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LalsCUx1vis

And Intelligent Systems (Developers of the Paper Mario and Fire Emblem series) new IP, Pushmo, is coming to the North American e-Shop this December:

"In December, Pushmo lets players try to push, pull and climb their way to the top to solve more than 200 3D puzzles. Play as Mallo, the hero of the game, who is small in size but has a big heart and big muscles to match. Players will use him to move the giant blocks that make up the Pushmo puzzles. Solving the puzzles will free the kids who were accidently trapped inside them. There is also a Pushmo puzzle creator so players can make their own puzzles and share them with their friends." - Nintendo

Pushmo Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lB_FYe0qn4

(I'm very glad to see Nintendo showing their support for the e-Shop.)

A new downloadable side-scrolling action game from UFO Interactive Games is coming to the e-Shop, in it you control a deadly female samurai:

"UFO Interactive Games, Inc., a leading publisher of interactive entertainment, proudly unveils Samurai Sword Destiny for the Nintendo 3DS eShop. Samurai Sword Destiny is a side-scrolling character action game that will challenge players of all levels. Designed and developed by UFO Interactive Games internally, Samurai Sword Destiny puts you in control of a deadly female samurai with a single goal in mind: to find and bring her missing elder brother home.

On Akane's quest, she will encounter deadly ambushes, invade enemy castle rooftops, and square off against seemingly indomitable opponents. With the help of the dozens of upgrades available to enhance her fighting abilities, Akane just might have a fighting chance against the forces that stand in her path! Samurai Sword Destiny is set for release Q4 2011." - UFO Interactive Games

Samurai Sword Destiny Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw0lnSWEca4

Mutant Mudds, the 2D platformer with a 3D twist is coming soon to the e-Shop, so a new trailer has been released for our viewing pleasure:

Mutant Mudds Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOEO8IKDPio

Jinouga, Monster Hunter Portable 3rd's spotlight monster, is in Monster Hunter 3G. In addition to regular Jinouga, 3G also has a Jinouga subspecies. Capcom recently revealed his official art:

Additionally, Plesioth has a new green subspecies in the game as well:

And finally, here is an awesome picture of Korean cosplayer Tasha wearing a Monster Hunter outfit, a hodgepodge of several different characters:

Her attention to detail is fantastic, and if you'd like to see more of those details just click the link:
http://kotaku.com/5862453/this-cosplay-has-a-monster+sized-secret-weapon/gallery/1

~Now At Retail~

Sonic Generations

INFO:

- Developed by Sonic Team and co-developed by Dimps
- Other than Green Hill Zone, the console and 3DS versions of the game will feature completely different sets of levels
- The 3DS version uses the 2D gameplay of the Sonic Rush series (For Modern Sonic)
- Unlike the console versions, the 3DS version will feature special stages (based on Sonic Heroes) and a multiplayer versus mode
- majority of stages included will be different from those of the console versions
- Includes an exclusive unlockable 'special stage'
- Takes advantage of the StreetPass feature by enabling players to collect new content and unlock bonus material each time they pass another player
- Extra content can also be unlocked by using 3DS "Play Coins"
- Multiplayer mode includes online and leaderboards
- Online multiplayer pits two Sonics against each other in a race to the goal
- Your rival Sonic is portrayed on the top screen by a medal marker rather than a fully animated model
- The faces of you and your rivals Mii's appear on a progress bar on the touch screen showing overall standings

Offcial Website: http://www.sega.com/sonicgenerations/

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Launch trailer
(Youtube) 2011 Nintendo conference trailer
(Youtube) Green Hill (CIassic Sonic)
(Youtube) Green Hill (Modern Sonic)
(Youtube) Mushroom Hill (Modern Sonic)
Big Arm - Boss Fight

Hey JGO- just heard that Metroid 2 is hitting the eshop real soon from Pocket Gamer.El_Zo1212o

I'm sure there were quite a few people that loved hearing that Metroid 2 was coming to the e-Shop VC, did you get it?

If you did, how are you liking it?

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

sailor232

I agree with both of you, I think Super Mario 3D Land is the best platformer that's ever been released on a handheld system. It's even better than a good deal of console platformers! And I usually play it with 3D set to "pop-out", the 3D effect seems to look better that way than the depth (or pop-in) option to me.

How far are both of you in Super Mario 3D Land? I got every star coin on my first run, now I'm working to unlock the "Final level".

#166 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Dec 3)~

Mario Kart 7's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 2 videos (Community play and Battle Courses).

Animal Crossing's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with a translated developers roundtable video.

Monster Hunter Tri-G's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 1 new video (Opening Movie).

Beyond the Labyrinth's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with details about character customization and 2 new videos.

Resident Evil: Revelations section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 2 videos (Terragrigia trailer and Raid Mode).

Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D's section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 1 video (TGS trailer).

Please feel free to discuss about any of the games, information, pictures and videos that you've seen in the 3DS Info thread. And I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

~Other News~

The Nintendo e-Shop is going to taken down for maintenance just before the firmware update next week, so don't panic if you can't get into the e-Shop:

"Dear customer,

On account of the upcoming system update, which will be available by 8 December, Nintendo eShop will be unavailable for a limited period while the main server undergoes essential maintenance.

Once work on the server has been completed and you have performed the update on your Nintendo 3DS system, you will be able to visit Nintendo eShop as usual and take advantage of the new features. A SpotPass notification summarising all the improvements to Nintendo eShop will be sent out soon.

Nintendo eShop team" (as seen on NintendoWorldReport)

And for those of you who plan to get (or already have) Mario Kart 7, NintendoWorldReport have made their offcial MK7 community called "NWR Anonymous" for staffers and readers to join and play together. To join, all you have to do is take Mario Kart 7 online and "Search by Code" under the Communities sub-menu.

Their code is: 52-8882-2728-4207

(as seen on NintendoWorldReport)

*Do you know about any other websites with an "offcial" MK7 community code? Then Feel free to post the code(s) below, and I'll gather them for future use.*

Shin'en the developers of games like Jett Rocket and Nano Assault, have announced a new e-Shop title called Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH!

Here are some details about the game (as seen on GoNintendo)

- Play with your own Mii
- Customize your Mii
- Touch Controls or Pad Controls
- Earn coins and spend them on flight tickets, Trickshot qualifications, luxury equipment and much more
- 54 holes spread across America, Asia and Europe, in lush stereoscopic 3D
- 9 Environments
- 9 Trickshot courses
- Release Date and price will be announced in the upcoming weeks

(Youtube) Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! trailer

Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! Screens:

Kid Icarus (NES) is the next game to be released as a 3D CIassic in Europe, and you can get it for free by registering two eligible 3DS games between November 1st and January 31st 2012 which will grant you a free download code for the game, available exclusively to Club Nintendo members.

As part of the same offer, there is a prize draw for 3,000 limited edition 3DS systems featuring Mario, Princess Peach, or Toad as part of the system colour.

Picture of the limited edition systems:

Lucky Club Nintendo members who register two Nintendo 3DS™ games between November 1st and January 31st 2012 will be able to receive a free game download and also enter a prize draw to win one of 3,000 limited edition Mario-themed Nintendo 3DS systems.*

If you register or have registered two eligible Nintendo 3DS titles through Club Nintendo between November 1st and January 31st 2012, then you will receive a code to download 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus™, the remastered 3D version of the Nintendo Entertainment System™ (NES) cIassic, for free, when it becomes available exclusively for promotion registrants** from January 5th 2012 ***

Don't worry if the games were bought on their own or as part of a bundle as both will be eligible; simply log into Club Nintendo and register each one.

The eligible Nintendo 3DS titles include:

Resident Evil™: Revelations
Mario Kart™ 7
Super Pokémon™ Rumble
SUPER MARIO 3D LAND™
Tetris™
Star Fox 64™3D
Resident Evil™: The Mercenaries 3D
The Legend of Zelda™: Ocarina of Time 3D
DEAD OR ALIVE™ Dimensions
Steel Diver™
nintendogs™ + cats
Pilotwings Resort™
Super Street Fighter™ IV 3D Edition

Once two of the selected Nintendo 3DS games have been registered, European Club Nintendo members over the age of 18 will also be able to enter a draw to try and win one of only 3,000 limited edition Mario-themed Nintendo 3DS systems. You are allowed to enter up to five times (which means registering 10 games) and there are 1,000 Mario, 1,000 Princess Peach and 1,000 Toad systems to be won across Europe. A must-have for any Mario fan.

To be in with a chance to download 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus for free and enter the lottery to win a limited edition Nintendo 3DS system, check Club Nintendo for details -

http://registrationreward.nintendo.co.uk

To check out other 3D CIassics games available to download visit the Nintendo eShop exclusively on your Nintendo 3DS system.

For more information, please visit http://registrationreward.nintendo.co.ukNintendoOfEurope

(Youtube) 3D CIassics: Kid Icarus Gameplay

(as seen on NintendoWorldReport)

RE:R is going to get a special bundle with the new Circle Pad Pro accessory in Europe:

"Prepare for a survival horror experience when Resident Evil: Revelations launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS system across Europe on 27th January 2012. Developed by Capcom specifically to take advantage of the Nintendo 3DS features, Resident Evil: Revelations will be available to players across Europe as a stand-alone game, and as a special limited edition bundle which also includes the new Circle Pad Pro accessory. Get ready for Resident Evil: Revelations to deliver a true return to cIassic Resident Evil™ survival horror gameplay. ...

Built from the ground up specifically to make the best use of the Nintendo 3DS system's capabilities, players can now add a fourth control scheme to their gameplay experience with the new Circle Pad Pro accessory which attaches to the Nintendo 3DS system. With this, players can use specific button combinations for more effective or expert play, and enjoy traditional-styIe controls which make use of both Circle Pads. You can also make use of the Touch Screen to solve puzzles, switch between weapons more easily and check out the labyrinthine map." (as seen on Nintendo.co.uk)

Here is a snippet from an exclusive interview NintendoGal.com had with Tim Schwalk who's a producer at n-Space. They ask him a few questions about Heroes of Ruin in development by the company:

"NG: Was this a game originally planned for the Nintendo 3DS?

TS: Completely. Heroes of Ruin has been built from the ground up for the Nintendo 3DS. From StreetPass to SpotPass, we're utilizing nearly every feature of the hardware, including internet multiplayer with voice chat."

Here is the full interview: http://www.nintendogal.com/2011/12/01/exclusive-interview-n-space-on-heroes-of-ruin/9770/

If you'd like to know more about Heroes of Ruin check page 4 of the 3DS Info Thread, which has all the details for this game that have been releases so far.

~Question of the Week~

What is currently your most wanted 2012 3DS game?

My most wanted 2012 game right now is Heroes of Ruin, reading the NintendoGal interview (above) made me excited for it.

#167 Posted by gameofthering (10256 posts) -

27th January is the release date for Resident Evil? :o :D Sooner than I expected!

#168 Posted by mikeyMKII (754 posts) -

I actually like the Toad themed 3DS:D

As far as Most Wanted game, it's still KH3D.

#169 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22468 posts) -
So is anyone else 3ds hinge kind of loose? Not sure if it's worth sending in to nintendo only to get a replacement unite that has some other defect
#170 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

very nice 1st post on this thread, love all the info on there

#171 Posted by TankZorz (1836 posts) -
[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]So is anyone else 3ds hinge kind of loose? Not sure if it's worth sending in to nintendo only to get a replacement unite that has some other defect

Yeah, it's common but it's not really a problem.
#172 Posted by Nightowl99 (756 posts) -

Fun Fun Mini Golf? Kind of a cheesy title, but it looks pretty good. I already got Let's Golf 3D and that wasn't bad. I might have to check this one out.

#173 Posted by LJChronx (949 posts) -

So is anyone else 3ds hinge kind of loose? Not sure if it's worth sending in to nintendo only to get a replacement unite that has some other defectShinobishyguy

Yeah, just bought a 3DS and my hinge is loose. It kinda bugs me. I bought it at Costco, so I might go and exchange it for another one. Im debating it.

#174 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
The hinges are more loose than the old DSlite and DSi hinges. This is apparently to reduce the chances of snapping, though I don't think it has been officially confirmed. Pretty much everyone should have a slight wobble to their screen.
#175 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
So it seems that the MH TriG demo runs at 60fps even in 3D. That's pretty impressive.
#176 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
So the eShop update is out, but we get no demos. A new 3DS Download game is out though, Pushmo! :D I think I may get this, it's $6.99 and I have $12.03 on my 3DS so why not. It looks fun.
#177 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
Sadly, it seems no Swap Note this update. :( I hope it gets released soon...
#178 Posted by TankZorz (1836 posts) -
So the eShop update is out, but we get no demos. A new 3DS Download game is out though, Pushmo! :D I think I may get this, it's $6.99 and I have $12.03 on my 3DS so why not. It looks fun. yoshi_64
I'm definitely picking that up as soon as I get home today.
#179 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -
Is there any social integration with the 3DS? Like the ability to send text messages to people on your friends list?
#180 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Is there any social integration with the 3DS? Like the ability to send text messages to people on your friends list?Stevo_the_gamer
Later this month an app called swap note is getting release for that purpose. Anyway, who got Pushmo? I am loving the game.
#181 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42883 posts) -
[QUOTE="Stevo_the_gamer"]Is there any social integration with the 3DS? Like the ability to send text messages to people on your friends list?ShuichiChamp24
Later this month an app called swap note is getting release for that purpose.

Sweet. Can't wait then. :)
#182 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Dec 13)~

This week's e-Shop releases have been added to the 1st page.

Rhythm Thief's section (on the 1st page) has been updated with 1 new video.

Shifting World has been added to the thread (on page 4).

Crush3D's section (on the 4th page) has been updated with 1 new video.

Mario Kart 7, Nano Assault and Jaws Ultimate Predator are out now, that means their sections have been removed from the main posts, but all their info is below.

Please feel free to discuss about any of the games, information, pictures and videos that you've seen in the 3DS Info thread. And I'd be more than happy to add more information to any of these games if you know about something I overlooked, also feel free to point out broken images and links and I'll try to fix them if possible.

~Other News~

Capcom is committed to making Monster Hunter successful in the west:

"Every subsequent outing of the title has found a larger audience than its predecessors in North America. We know the games are incredibly engaging and generate a passionate audience that while smaller in the West, that audience is more vocal and passionate than just about any other brand we have (including Street Fighter or Resident Evil). I have no doubt that someday, its prominence in the West will rival our other brands." - Capcom USA senior vice president Christian Svensson

Go here to read the full interview: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/05/what-makes-monster-hunter-click-in-the-west/

In a recent Iwata Asks column, Nintendo CEO Satoru Iwata asked a few questions about MH4:

"Regarding the September video, Iwata noted that many were wondering how Capcom would be able to make the scenes shown in the video playable. While Fujioka did not share any gameplay specifics about 4, he replied that the footage was real time footage of the game being played by the staff." - Andriasang.com

Go here to read the full story: http://andriasang.com/comz6r/monhan4_iwata_asks/

A demo for Monster Hunter 3G came out in Japan recently and it maintains a framerate generally over 30fps, it even reaches 60fps sometimes and it seems that the demo can hit these framerates with both the 3D on and off.

Go here to see the demo in action: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=168006

Keiji Inafune's original 3DS title King of Pirates will be playable at Jump Festa, which starts on the 17th and ends on the 18th of this month. This is one of the first games from (MegaMan creator) Keiji Inafune following his departure from Capcom.

Source: http://andriasang.com/comz73/king_of_pirates_jump/

The Circle Pad Pro just keeps going, and going, and....:

"Someone got the peripheral in advance of its (Japanese) December 10 release date, and was so anxious for dual analogue controls that he tore the box open, says that the manual promises 480 hours of play time off one AAA battery." - Andriasang.com

Source: http://andriasang.com/comz90/slide_pad_480_hours/

Club Nintendo is adding rewards that are worth something, buy games and you get more games!?... Am I dreaming?:

"Club Nintendo is getting a big update, and it's bringing downloadable games for coins with it! Now you can use your coins to grab some digital games on Wii/3DS/DSi. You'll also be able to get coins from third party titles by completing registration surveys. Here's the list of new items to be added, as well as coin values.

Super Mario Kart (100 coins)
Fluidity (150 coins)
Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again (150 coins)
3D CIassics: Xevious (100 coins)
Boo Notebook (250 coins)
Princess Peach Notebook (250 coins)
Blue Pen case (400 coins)
Red Pen case (400 coins)
Zelda 25th Anniversary Poster 3-set (400 coins)" - GoNintendo

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=168050

Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid was nice enough to send GoNintendo some sample music tracks from Mutant Mudds, an e-Shop title that is coming soon.

"The first tune we have for you is the song you'll hear in World 1-1. It's a fantastic chiptune that's sure to get stuck in your head. I know I can't stop listening to it, and I'm sure you won't be able to either!" - GoNintendo

Head on over to hear the retro beat: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=168142&sid=18ab16f43441959394cf343d579ab0ac

GoodbyeGalaxyGames have confirmed that their downloadable title Flipper 2: Flush the Goldfish is coming to the Nintendo e-Shop and DSiWare, December 29th. And NintendoLife has put up their impressions on the game:

"While some may prematurely dismiss the game due to its simple gameplay design, Flush the Goldfish exudes charm. The main story mode itself is quite fun, and the random mode and level editor gives the package extra replay value. The experience won't appeal to everyone, but it's definitely a fun romp that proves that sometimes less is more." - NintendoLife

Go here for the full impressions: http://dsiware.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/first_impressions

Go here for a new trailer of this game:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM4rTAsgOfI

~Now At Retail~

Mario Kart 7

INFO:

- With StreetPass enabled it allows gamers to exchange racing scores, win/loss records, number of collected coins and other game data
- Use that data to identify those same players online
- With SpotPass enabled, players will be able to receive ghost data to race against
- Up to seven ghosts can be downloaded at the same time, allowing for full eight-player ghost races
- A Mario Kart channel will be a location for players to view information collected from StreetPass and SpotPass
- New characters include Metal Mario from Super Mario 64 and Lakitu, the cloud-riding Koopa
- The Blue Shell is now wingless, which means it has a higher chance of hitting someone other than the racer in 1st
- The Super Leaf/Tanooki Tail item knocks other drivers and items out of the way, but it doesn't protect against a blue shell

- Solo players can race through the Grand Prix and Time Trial modes using either the Circle Pad layout or the motion-sensitive gyro controls
- The first mario kart game that lets players race in a first-person perspective, with either normal or motion controls
- Single-Cart play allows 8 people race together with one MK7 game, but players without MK7 can only race as ShyGuy's
- A new Community feature allows players to create groups with other Mario Kart fans while setting up specific rules to make customized racing environments
- Community leaderboards will also show the most up-to-date information from recent races

- There are 16 new tracks, 16 cIassic tracks also return
- Battle Mode also returns with new and cIassic arenas
- Balloon Battles has you trying to pop as many of your opponents' balloons as possible within a time limit
- Coin battles are timed as well
- Six levels to choose from in battle mode
- Tricking off bumps give you a small speed boost
- First game that uses the "Join Game" button that appears on the 3DS' Friend List

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) MK7 Community play
(Youtube) MK7 Battle Courses
(Youtube) All New Ways to Race trailer
(Youtube) Kart Rules Commercial
(Youtube) Sneek Peek Of The "Join Game" Feature
(Youtube) New 14 minute Developer Interview video
(Youtube) Mario Kart is back trailer
(Youtube) TGS & e-Shop debut trailer

Nano Assault

INFO:

- Gameplay aesthetic is set in a distinctive electron microscope inspired world
- Find, analyze, and destroy the Nanostray virus DNA with your Nanite vessel
- The Nanite vessel has the power of multiple weapons
- Powerful Beams that lock onto enemies for instant impact
- Energetic Bombs explode upon impact and launch powerful projectiles
- Spins rotate around enemies in energy-draining orbs
- Make your way through 32 cell stages and dark worlds with rugged landscapes
- Some missions involve Star Fox-esque 3D flying
- Game self-adjusts in difficulty based on how you play
- Ignite purifying blasts to clear infections by collecting power-ups that defeated enemies leave behind
- Respawn and clone yourself along the journey to ensure successful missions
- AutoSaving is available after each stage or section
- Extra features:
Unlockable Mission Mode with arcade styIe cell stages, where you must destroy enemies against a time counter trying to get the highest score
Hall of Fame where you can publish your level scores and compare them with friends online
- Detailed enemy Nanopedia lets you unlock information containing strengths, weaknesses, and strategies to defeat enemies

PICS:

More Pics

VIDS:

(Youtube) Action Gameplay trailer
(Youtube) Off-screen Gameplay/Preview
(Youtube) Off-screen Gameplay/Preview 2
(Youtube) Boss battle and Off-screen Gameplay

Jaws Ultimate Predator

INFO:

- Play as the famous man-eating shark
- Jaws must defend it's territory from human invaders by any means necessary
- 3DS version being developed by n-Space (developers of Geist, and Square Enix's upcoming Heroes of Ruin for the 3DS)
- Jaws's basic attacks such as biting, ramming and dodging will be handled through touch screen controls
- The handheld's other functions used to help pull off special moves like Feeding Frenzy and Corkscrew Shred
- Fight opponents that can match JAWS in speed and mobility, including Coast Guard submarines armed with torpedoes and the Colossal Squid
- Discover and unlock new challenges around Amity Island that increase in difficulty as the game progresses
- Rip divers from protective shark cages, destroy armed hunting vessels sent to destroy JAWS
- Feed on a variety of sea creatures in the fastest time to get your picture in the paper
- Regenerate health by devouring swimmers, scuba divers, fish, and more

PICS:

VIDS:

(Youtube) The Terror Resurfaces trailer
(Youtube) Nearly 4 minutes of Off-screen Gameplay

#183 Posted by blackace (20743 posts) -

When are the 2nd set of FREE DS games getting released? I went to Nintendo's E-Shop, but didn't see any news.

#184 Posted by blackace (20743 posts) -

When are the 2nd set of FREE DS games getting released? I went to Nintendo's E-Shop, but didn't see any news.

blackace
After some web research, I guess I found my answer. The GBA games are suppose to be released at the end of Dec 2011. http://gbatemp.net/t315235-gba-ambassador-games Originally Nintendo was going to delay them until the Jan 2012, but they have confirmed with EuroGamer that the GBA games for the 3DS through the Ambassador program will be released at the end of this month. Can't wait.
#185 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
question...will the e shop have snes games up for sale? I would really like to play super metroid among others on a 3ds. Also how does those coin 'currency' work? I see super mario kart above ^ ^^^^
#186 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"]question...will the e shop have snes games up for sale? I would really like to play super metroid among others on a 3ds. Also how does those coin 'currency' work? I see super mario kart above ^ ^^^^

As of now, there's no word. I would bet that they may come later on, Nintendo would be stupid not to, and frankly I'd love some SNES games on the go. As for the "coin currency" for Club Nintendo. When you buy NIntendo games and systems, you can sign up (for free) at club.nintendo.com and register your games and systems. Games come with a unique code you enter, and systems just require the serial number of the system. After you register them, you get coins. It's typically 1 coin per dollar of the game. So DS games are 30 coins, 3DS are 40 coins, Wii games are 50 coins, and systems are priced based on their MSRP. 3DS is now 160 coins, and so on.
#187 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="campzor"]question...will the e shop have snes games up for sale? I would really like to play super metroid among others on a 3ds. Also how does those coin 'currency' work? I see super mario kart above ^ ^^^^

As of now, there's no word. I would bet that they may come later on, Nintendo would be stupid not to, and frankly I'd love some SNES games on the go. As for the "coin currency" for Club Nintendo. When you buy NIntendo games and systems, you can sign up (for free) at club.nintendo.com and register your games and systems. Games come with a unique code you enter, and systems just require the serial number of the system. After you register them, you get coins. It's typically 1 coin per dollar of the game. So DS games are 30 coins, 3DS are 40 coins, Wii games are 50 coins, and systems are priced based on their MSRP. 3DS is now 160 coins, and so on.

thanks for clearing all that up for me :) This reward system is pretty cool
#188 Posted by Yoweeh (3025 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance trailer came out today.

Rest of TWEWY cast is shown. sigh

#189 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Dec 20)~

(Sorry about the late update. I wanted to update it a few days ago, but I couldn't find the time for it.)

Kid Icarus: Uprising's section (on page 1) has been updated with gameplay details and the box art for the game.

The Kingdom Hearts 3D section (on page 1) has been updated with the new 8 minute Jump Festa trailer.
(Thanks for the heads up, Yoweeh. I almost totally forgot to add that trailer.)

Bravely Defualt: Flying Fairy's section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new video (Brief look at a town #2).

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy's section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new video (December 2011 trailer).

Beyond the Labyrinth's section (on page 1) has been updated with 1 new video (December 2011 trailer).

Metal Gear Solid: SE 3D's section (on page 4) has been updated with the Japanese box art.

Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin's section (on page 4) has been updated with 1 new video (Life on the Farm).

~Other News~

[e-Shop title] Mighty Switch Force will see a simultaneous release across NA, Europe, Australia, & NZ on Dec. 22, and will be $5.99/€6.

Source: https://twitter.com/WayForwardTech

"Dengeki Online has revealed a brand new Pokémon game for release next year. This game Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition is due for release in Japan in Spring 2012 on Nintendo DS. Not much is known about this game yet but it appears to be an RPG game, similar to the Nobunaga Ambition (Think Fire Emblem/Final Fantasy Tactics) games set in old Japan which are Turn-Based Strategy RPGs and labelled as a simulation." - Serebii.net

"This game is a crossover between Pokémon and Nobunaga Ambition where you have to take over Japan gradually, but how Pokémon ties in, is not yet known. This game is set within the Ranse Region. More details have come in from the official site and will be added here as we translate them.

At the moment, all we have are character names;
Like the main games, you can select either a male or female heroine.They both start with Eevee
Nobunaga is the main warlord who has Zekrom as his partner
Oichi is a character who helps you in the game, paired with Jigglypuff
Mitsuhude is a character teamed with Articuno
Shingen is a character teamed with Groudon
Kenshin is a character teamed with Mewtwo

More information is promised in January, indicating it'll be in CoroCoro and possibly be the game CoroCoro revealed" - Serebii.net

#191 Posted by F0urTwenty (1842 posts) -
I have 4 dollars to spend on the eShop(just got Might Switch Force). Any suggestion on what to spend it on... this is still the recommendation thread right...
#192 Posted by Raiko101 (3339 posts) -
If you want a challenging and interesting puzzler, I can't recommend Catrap enough. As enjoyable as Pullblox in fact. At least in my opinion.
#193 Posted by F0urTwenty (1842 posts) -
Is Pyramids any good guys? It's $3.99 so it just the right amount but I don't know if it's worth it.
#194 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

If anybody wants, or is looking for a Hard plateformer (I THINK it's a plateformer imo), then I suggest getting VVVVVV, it a great game. Truly a challenge. It's $7.99 if I remember properly. Well worth it imo.

EDIT: Though, if you have a tendency to rage quite, then this is probly not the game for you.

#195 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -
How do I send a message using swapnote?
#196 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
How do I send a message using swapnote?ultraking
You need friends registered on your 3DS. After that, just open the application, write a note, send it via StreetPass and you can message your friends back and forth.
#197 Posted by ShuichiChamp24 (5014 posts) -
Thanks for the updates Green, really like it. Anyway, i wonder when other regions will be able to buy some of the nes ambassador games seeing as Japan already has 2.
#198 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

Wow there are only like 600/1000/4000 submitted reviews for MK7/M3DL/OoT on the EU shop. No wonder Nintendo doesn't care about online xD. How is the NA one?

#199 Posted by JollyGreenOne (955 posts) -

~Thread Updated (Jan 4)~

@ultraking:

yoshi_64 is right, but after you make a note to send to people on your friends list you select the SpotPass option (not StreetPass).

@ShuichiChamp24:

You're welcome, and thanks for being a regular poster in this thread, Shuichi. I think we'll hear news about those games sometime around E3.

@SuperFlakeman:

That's a very interesting question! Thanks for posting it.

After checking the North American e-Shop, here are the current number of ratings for each game:

Mario Kart 7 - 17,563

Super Mario 3D Land - 28,299

Ocarina of Time - 56,757

This might show that more people in NA are rating the games, or maybe the EU shop is just low on activity. Only Nintendo really knows.

~Game Updates~

Last week's e-Shop releases have been added to the original post.
(I'll add tomorrow's releases sometime this weekend...hopefully.)

Kid Icarus: Uprising's section on page 1 has been updated with Japanese Multiplayer Footage.

Fire Emblem: Awakening's section on page 1 has been updated with more info and a Japanese Gameplay trailer.

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy's section on page 1 has been updated with the newest trailer.

The Dynasty Warriors VS. section on page 1 has been updated with more info and the newest trailer.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy's section on page 1 has been updated with some new box art.

Harvest Moon: The Land of Origin's section on page 4 has been updated with some new box art.

~Other News~

Zen Pinball is coming to the north american e-Shop January 12th, 2012:

"Nintendo 3DS owners will be able to download Zen Studios critically acclaimed pinball game starting January 12, 2012 for $6.99. Featuring four original, beautifully crafted pinball tables, Zen Pinball is now playable in stunning stereoscopic 3D! Zen Pinball 3D is packed full of great features including online leaderboards, hot seat multiplayer, multiple view points and rewards for playing and accomplishing table specific missions.

Zen Studios will support Zen Pinball 3D with additional DLC, stay tuned for more announcements!" - Zen Studios

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169483

You can now scan the official japanese QR code for the Swapnote character, Nikki: (I've seen her popping up in MK7)

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169365

To celebrate the new year Nintendo has sent out a Bob-omb QR code level for Pushmo/Pullblox:

Source: http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS

Nintendo power is having a preview blowout this month with new details and interviews for tons of games coming out in 2012:

They'll have exclusive previews and interviews for games such as:

Heroes of Ruin
Rhythm Thief
Paper Mario
Animal Crossing
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Luigi's Mansion 2
And More...

It will be available where magazines are sold on January 10th, 2012

Go here to see a preview of this issuse: http://www.nintendopower.com/
(I'm a subscriber so I should be getting this soon, if you'd like a small summary of info for a specific game just let me know)

Team Meat was asked if it's possible for their new title ''Binding of Isaac'' to appear on the 3DS, and this is what they said:

"A publisher i know is currently asking nintendo if they woudl be ok with isaac on the 3ds, if they say yes then ill had the game off to them and let them port it." - Edmund McMillen

Source: http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=169253

Nintendo has made a handy little video to show you how Club Nintendo works:(Why haven't I joined yet!?:shock::?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vucoJ-uFH_U

(The current free downloadable games will be switch out on Jan 10th, 2012. So sign up now if you want them)

#200 Posted by GamerEye (1670 posts) -

Yesterday I beated VVVVVV, in just under 4 hours, with 1053 deaths. Great game. Imo it's well worth the $8 or how ever much it is. Though I'm stuck now, I've gotten 19 out of the 20 twinclets or whatever they are called and I can't seem to get the last one....