3DS games where you turn off the 3d completely

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by KBFloYd (12791 posts) -

i know some people never turn it on...

but if you are one of the one's that likes the 3d...are there any games where you decided its better to just play with it off?

for me:

project x zone and pokemon x

in project x zone its very weak effect anyway..difference isnt worth holding the sweet spot for.

as for pokemon....there no point to just have it for the battles...its just as whatever as project x zone..and the fact that gamefreak didnt put 3d in the overworld just makes me see no point in keeping it just for battles.

how about you guys?

#2 Posted by ANIMEguy10034 (4616 posts) -

Ocarina of Time 3D - It really strains my eyes at max. Only game to do this.

Mario Kart 7 - I tend to move my 3DS a lot, especially when I'm raging online. haha

Pokemon Y - Yeah, no point of turning it on. I mostly do Triple or Rotation battles so the option to use 3D is virtually gone.

Resident Evil Revelations - I use the motion controls to aim.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - I have long play sessions with Monster Hunter games. I turn it off to conserve battery life.

#3 Posted by Raptor_Herc (155 posts) -

Tales of the Abyss-- its effect is poor and is painful to look at.

Mario Kart 7/any racing game. I prefer to have it off as I prefer to minimise the risk of falling out of the sweet spot while driving, as that can screw me up.

I sometimes use it while playing Project X Zone (mainly while viewing a special attack), although I agree the 3D does not add much to the game.

#4 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

Pokemon X, Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

The 3D effect is cool in all of those games but I generally play those games for a long period of time so I try to get the most out of the battery.

#5 Posted by Jaysonguy (37426 posts) -

All of them, there's no reason to use it at all

#6 Posted by Rod90 (7266 posts) -

Pokémon Y and Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D.

#7 Edited by sonic_spark (4578 posts) -

Ocarina of Time 3D for whatever reason is a bit off when 3D is fully turned on.

#8 Edited by Whiteblade999 (5536 posts) -

I refuse to use the 3D outside of a few seconds here and there because it hurts my eyes.

#9 Edited by sorata (31 posts) -

Seconding the Tales of the Abyss. It's pretty badly done. But tbh, I mostly keep my 3d off.

#10 Posted by Epak_ (6763 posts) -

Use it on all of them!

#11 Posted by AllDATanNsum (23 posts) -

@Epak_: I dial mine in as I play street fighter 3d online, smoking and playing like a DJ. JK I can never seem to keep it where I happy with one three D setting, I wish the sweet spot were a bit wider, I love the 3d effect, especially in games like Mirror of Fate.

#12 Edited by Litchie (16187 posts) -

Always have full 3D on all my games.

Except for people who wants to see how far an object is from your character.

I found the 3D very helpful in Mario 3D Land. Even so much that I find playing the game without 3D annoying.

#13 Posted by Chickan_117 (16329 posts) -

For me there's only one game I turn it off for; Pokemon Y. Reason being that it's only used in battles and I find it disconcerting to play a game mostly in 2D and then have it flick on for certain parts.

I also turn it off if I'm playing whilst walking but that's not game specific, more just something based on my activity.

Anyone else find that they're getting much better at implementing it? At the start it felt forced and too strong whereas now I find I play most games without even considering the slider. In games like Drema Team Bros I actually even perform better with it on as it's easier to tell which bro attacks are headed for.

That is a very strange argument to make

#14 Posted by Smallville3 (4 posts) -

Pretty much all my games. I will turn it on momentarily just to see the effect, but otherwise it strains my eyes.

#15 Posted by tocool340 (20419 posts) -

Tales of the abyss is the only game. Well, I turn it on from time to time but I do tend to keep it off a great deal of the time when playing that game...

#16 Edited by starwarsjunky (24692 posts) -

any/every game on the system. i prefer to not get headaches.