Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

Hi all-

I'm a new 3DS owner, 22, and looking for some game recommendations. I'm a big fan of Pokemon games, action/adventure games, some RPGs (not big on "fantasy" RPGs in general but I'm open to suggestions), most Mario games, and so on really just something I'm not going to beat in a day or two like I just did with Pokemon.

So I just played Omega Ruby which was great looking, but way too easy in my opinion. I'm trying to get into more titles since I haven't gamed on a nintendo console since the first generation of DS (probably about ten years ago now). I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations for good DS games for someone not huge into RPGs and fantasy but willing to give anything a try! I'm especially interested in the Zelda series, but have never played them before and was wondering which (for 3DS) is good for new comers?

Thanks and all answers welcome!

Tonindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Tonindo
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts

Try Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Mario & Luigi: Dream Team is also pretty good.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Check out that Monster Hunter mate. It should keep you busy for awhile. Others you might like counting Tonindo's recommendations, Staring with ones that have replayability,

Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros, Dead or Alive (Fighting Game), Mario Golf, Super Street Fighter 3D.

Others

Donkey Kong Country (Hardcore), Star Fox 64 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Kirby Triple Deluxe, Kid Icarus, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Luigi's Mansion, Shovel Knight, Code Name Steam, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright, Legend of Zelda MM, Super Mario 3D Land and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Shadows Wars.

DS Games with great replayability

Mario Kart DS, Tony Hawk Skate Land.

GTA China Wars, Kirby Squeak Squad, Ace Attorney Games, Kirby Canvas Curse, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby Super Star, Metroid Prime Hunters, Super Mario 64, Castlevania Portrait of Ruin + Dawn of Sorrow+ Order of Ecclesia, New Super Mario Bros, Hotel Dusk Room 215, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors, Advance Wars Days of Ruin + Dual Strike, Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass + Spirit Tracks and Professor Layton Series

RPG's to try since your not into them too much.

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES 3D!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#4 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Link Between worlds is great, but I'd also suggest Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask 3D. MM3D just came out and it's stellar. Also fire Emblem awakening. It's fantasy RPG, but it's also turn based grid combat to give it a lot more strategy than the average RPG. Hell, I'd say give Shin Megami Tensei IV a shot too. It's fantasy, but blends post apocalyptic modern day with fantasy.

Michimune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5 Michimune
Member since 2015 • 33 Posts

My recommendations (from experience)

Rpgs: Tales of the Abyss [JRPG], Fantasy Life [RPG], Fire Emblem Awakening [TBRSG], Bravely Defaul [JRPG], Conception 2 Children of the Seven Stars [M rated JRPG], and Code of Princess [side scrolling action RPG]

Adventure: The Legend of Zelda A Link between Worlds [It is in fact a action adventure game and not an RPG], The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time [also action adventure], Etrian Odyssey 4 AND Untold [both games have RPG elements as well but I'm listing them here for whatever reason], and if you want check out The Legend of Zelda virtual console titles as well! I still play Loz Oracle of Ages/Seasuns... still fun.

Action:Ninja Battle Heroes [side scrolling beat 'em up], Super Smash Bros 3DS [side scrolling brawler],The Legend of Dark Witch [side scrolling beat 'em up] and Senran Kagura Burst [has RPG elements but it's mostly an M/G rated side scrolling beat 'em up...]

Misc.: Ultimate NES Remix [competitive arcade game that has leader boards], Mario Kart 7 [Combat racing], Fairune [bland but addicting arcade/adventure/RPG that you can play with just one hand... if you wish], and Animal Crossing [virtual life simulator].

That's it for my list, you can play DS titles on the 3DS as well. Since the DS had a monstrously large library of games as compared to the 3DS at the time of this post however, all I can really recommend is to look around and keep your eyes peeled. Check out virtual console titles as well, Nintendo adds new virtual console titles every so often.

AlCapwnUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AlCapwnUK
Member since 2009 • 133 Posts

Recommended 3DS:

• A Link Between Worlds - it is SO good.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - difficult but finally accessible. Dark Souls with Dinosaurs
  • Mario Kart 7 - the graphics are great, and the online play is reasonably good for Nintendo. maybe skip if you have WiiU
  • Fire Emblem - good tactical RPG, similar to advance wars (although i prefer Advance Wars)
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - i think it is made by the guy who made the original X-Com. Really good, and very cheap unlike most 3DS titles
  • Zelda Re-releases are solid

Recommended DS:

• Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - much better than the 3DS sequel
  • Advance Wars Dual Strike
  • Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
  • Golden Sun Dark Dawn
  • FFIV

Recommended eShop:

• Crimson Shroud - D&D style tabletop RPG. Short but good
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters - interesting narrative about growing up in Japan and the big monster shows of the time. Gameplay is very limited. Similar to To The Moon.
  • Shovel Knight - old school NES gaming updated
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Steam World Dig
  • Link's Awakening DX - weirdest Zelda title. Still good though. Better than the DS entries
  • Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons - different feel as they are made by Capcom.
  • Pullblox - fun puzzles

Not played but on my radar:

• Bravely Default
  • Etrian Odyssey
  • Kid Icarus
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Persona Q
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Make sure you check out the Virtual Console. There are a lot of Zelda games to play on the 3DS.

3DS Software:

• Ocarina of Time
  • Majora's Mask
  • A Link Between Worlds

DS Software (not downloadable, cartridge only):

• Phantom Hourglass
  • Spirit Tracks

Virtual Console:

• Zelda 1
  • Zelda 2
  • Link's Awakening DX
  • Oracle of Ages
  • Oracle of Seasons
  • Minish Cap

All of these games are amazing. Such a good system to own if you want to dive into Zelda. Unfortunately I think it doesn't have A Link to the Past (which it should have), but other than that, it's got a lot there for ya.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

Fire Emblem: Awakening and Bravely Default

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Bravely Default and Fire Emblem are what I'd recommend

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

I really enjoyed Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@nyadc: I keep wanting to play that but it's extremely pricey.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

majoras mask.