...3 ...2 ...1... VC Releases for 04/16/07!

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLAS-SIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

April 16, 2007

Three clas-sic games from three clas-sic systems. The only problem you'll have this week is deciding which one to download first. For the best retro gaming around, it's time to pay a visit to the popular WiiTM video game system's Wii Shop Channel.

Three new clas-sic games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii PointsTM to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Punch Out!!® Featuring Mr. Dream (NES®, 1 player, 500 Wii Points): As young boxer Little Mac, players have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to battle the big guys of the World Video Boxing Association circuit. Take them on one by one, starting with skinny Glass Joe. Battle up through King Hippo and all the way to the WVBA Champion himself. Players use their best jabs, hooks and power uppercuts to knock out opponents, but must pay attention to subtle changes in their body position to dodge jaw-breaking blows. With great graphics, addictive action and a touch of humor, this game will keep players entertained for hours.

Virtua FighterTM 2 (Sega Genesis, 1-2 players, 800 Wii Points): Virtua Fighter was the very first 3-D fighting game in the industry and introduced six unique characters, each with their own martial arts sty-le In Virtua Fighter 2, the intrepid fighters return to the World Fighting Tournament. Players take to the stage to see who will claim the championship title. Will it be Lau Chan, Kage-Maru, Wolf Hawkfield, Jeffry McWild, Akira Yuki, Jacky Bryant, Sarah Bryant or Pai Chan? The answer lies within. Players immerse themselves in this technically challenging game and see if they have what it takes to be the champion of the second World Fighting Tournament.

Bonk's Revenge (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, 600 Wii Points): The "hardheaded" hero is back for more in the second installment of the Bonk series. Taking place in the Monster Kingdom, Bonk the Caveman makes his way toward King Drool III. Bonk's Revenge is a side-scrolling action game in which players Jump and "Bonk" (head-butt) their enemies while they make their way to the goal at the end of each stage. Double, even triple, attack power by eating the meat that appears in a stage. There are eight different hidden bonus stages, and the Dinosaur Train that appears after players defeat a boss will change depending on how many Smileys they've collected. With new actions such as the Triangle Jump and the ability to climb trees, as well as seven variety-packed stages, Bonk's Revenge will keep players playing over and over.

tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts
Getting Punch Out on my birthday has to be the best gift I've gotten so far:).
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tobenator
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tobenator
djcheddar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 djcheddar
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

Ok, I think Phantom Leo should be nominated as the VC Updator. He posted alot more than I tried to in the actual VC list thread

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25332620&page=19

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

This week's VC releases are not bad...

Thx Phantom Leo :D

Dr_Corndog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Dr_Corndog
Member since 2004 • 3245 Posts
Punch-Out and Bonk's Revenge. If only we could get updates like this every week.
DS_fan_atic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DS_fan_atic
Member since 2005 • 4078 Posts
I might just get all 3 :P
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts
Punch-Out!  At long last, I haven't bought a VC game since January as everything was practically worthless in the last 3 months or so.  I may consider Bonk's Revenge as well but I'd like to know a little more about it first.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Yes! I am so happy. I've been saving 500 points for when Punch Out comes out and here it is! I'll also get Bonk when I buy more points. I'd buy VF2 as well if it was the awesome Saturn version rather than the crappy Genesis version.

jorgeluisbl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jorgeluisbl
Member since 2005 • 1479 Posts
Not interested in any of them.
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tobenator
Sorry to hear that:?^^
Avatar image for mariomusicmaker
mariomusicmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 mariomusicmaker
Member since 2006 • 1426 Posts
Holy crap! the only game that could have made this week better would be SMRPG! and i have a feeling it will be here sooner than later :D
Double-Bent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Double-Bent
Member since 2006 • 310 Posts

Getting Punch Out on my birthday has to be the best gift I've gotten so far:).tobenator

That's nice but was it really necessary to post it 3 times?

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Getting Punch Out on my birthday has to be the best gift I've gotten so far:).tobenator

Happy birthday! Yeah, I'm probably going to be picking up some Punch Out. 

Sumotaii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sumotaii
Member since 2003 • 648 Posts
I just blew my points to haha, oh well i will get Punch Out, only thing that sucks it wont be Tyson. For any of you younger kids that never got to play it, PW to Tyson aka Mr. Dream is 007-373-5963. My fav gaming moment is beating Tyson in second round , love this game
-Super-Fly-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 -Super-Fly-
Member since 2002 • 8641 Posts

Punch Out is no brainer, even though I already have both of the NES versions. I love that game.

VF2 on the Genesis sucked, juts save your 800 points.

Bonks Revenge I have never played but I really liked the first one so I will download the second.

Great day for the VC.

bradglimpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bradglimpse
Member since 2003 • 838 Posts

Punch Out and Bonk's Revenge are getting downloaded as soon as I get home. Awesome week for the VC.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Another week that doesn't justify spending my last 800 points :( Oh well, I've got a hearty collection as it is ;)
Avatar image for hammer_of_thor_
hammer_of_thor_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 hammer_of_thor_
Member since 2007 • 2260 Posts
I'll probably end up getting Punch Out and Bonk's later on, I'm in no rush to grab these, but it's better than the last couple of weeks IMO.
y2jg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 y2jg
Member since 2003 • 265 Posts
MUST HAVE PUNCH OUT!!! ME AND MR. SANDMAN HAVE A REMATCH WAITING!
aemena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 aemena
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts

MUST HAVE PUNCH OUT!!! ME AND MR. SANDMAN HAVE A REMATCH WAITING!y2jg

Ha ha ha ha ha, I also had a hard time beating Mr. Sandman waaaaaaaay back in the late 80's, I finally did, but I know how frustating he can be!.

Finally Punch-Out has been released, I have been waiting for that game ever since I heard of the VC and it's finally here! 

Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts

Another week that doesn't justify spending my last 800 points :( Oh well, I've got a hearty collection as it is ;)Staryoshi87

Dude, you do realize this is Punch Out we're talking about right? Punch Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, this is one of the greatest games of all time.

quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts
Well, im getting Punch out (along with Splatterhouse) today!And ill still have 200 points left! 
peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Why has America been getting shafted the past couple of weeks?  Actraiser and Legend of the Mystical Ninja have already been released in Europe, why not here? 
jbrittain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 jbrittain
Member since 2002 • 2151 Posts
Punch Out is an amazingly fun game, so this is certainly a good week for the VC.
quetzalcoatl45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 quetzalcoatl45
Member since 2005 • 1850 Posts

I don't get why everyone's getting so excited over such a dumb VC game such as Punch-Out!!!!!!!! That game along with the other two VC games are horrible. ALL CRAP ASS GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep on giving us crap after crap every single damn week since Donkey Kong Country came out. Still got 2,400 points and it looks like I won't be using them anytime soon. Not interested in any of them!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE"S SMRPG?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all the other games I want so much????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fun_4_Real

SMRPG is a crap game, and you still want it. 

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Punch-Out rocks. However... VF 2 Genesis version? :? No thanks, the genesis VF sucked. The saturns were much better.
spazmaticmof0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spazmaticmof0
Member since 2005 • 1406 Posts

Holly Jesus PUNCH OUT!!!!!!!!!

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts

I don't get why everyone's getting so excited over such a dumb VC game such as Punch-Out!!!!!!!! That game along with the other two VC games are horrible. ALL CRAP ASS GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!! Just keep on giving us crap after crap every single damn week since Donkey Kong Country came out. Still got 2,400 points and it looks like I won't be using them anytime soon. Not interested in any of them!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE"S SMRPG?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And all the other games I want so much????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fun_4_Real

Starfox 64 and Punchout disagree with you sir. Punchout does not suck in the slightest. Maybe it's a bit too challenging for you, any real gamer knows it's the archetype for boxing games. I'm not even a fan of boxing and I know the greatness of Punchout 

NWA_31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NWA_31
Member since 2006 • 11922 Posts

Dude...relax :|

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
I will be buying punch out for sure but seriously, I want Mario RPG NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
chisoxrule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chisoxrule
Member since 2005 • 2095 Posts

I agree the last 3 months have been abysmal but Punch-Out is the one I've been looking forward to since I got my Wii.  DKC doesn't hold up well since the gameplay got old before it was finished hence a shallow boring game with great graphics for its time.  Punch-Out on the other hand was a very fun game I always went back to no matter how many times I beat it until my NES broke down.  Like you, I want SMRPG as well as Super Metroid.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
And... yup... still can't beat the last guy in Punch Out.
Jonnyd108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jonnyd108
Member since 2005 • 286 Posts
Punch Out is great fun (already have it on NES but i still might buy it). Bonk's Revenge looks good but Virtua Fighter 2... for Genesis? what a piece of garbage. Is anyone actually going to get that game and think they're gonna enjoy it?
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11920 Posts
Suweet!  Thanks for the info.  I am getting on the Wii right now to purchase Punchout... I used to own this game when it was Mike Tyson's Punchout.
alpax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alpax
Member since 2006 • 696 Posts
This week would be the 3rd time in the last 6 weeks that I will grab all the releases
pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 pjmthomas
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts
I don't think that I will be getting any of them right away.  What was the story behind Tyson being taken out of Punch Out around 1990?  Was it because of his trouble with the law?  Was he only signed to be in the game for a certain number of years?  Can someone please elaborate for me.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Contract expired and since he lost to Buster Douglas he didn't exactly have the name power to make it worth the money he would want.

Legal troubles in a rape case further cemented the reasons they don't want his name associated with the game. Punch-out was an arcade series btw that didn't have Mike Tyson in it to begin with.

shockwave04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shockwave04
Member since 2002 • 19257 Posts
Yes Super punch out !!! *passes out form excitement*
pjmthomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pjmthomas
Member since 2006 • 360 Posts

Contract expired and since he lost to Buster Douglas he didn't exactly have the name power to make it worth the money he would want.

Legal troubles in a rape case further cemented the reasons they don't want his name associated with the game. Punch-out was an arcade series btw that didn't have Mike Tyson in it to begin with.

meimnobody
Yeah I vaguely remember playing it in the arcade.  Wasn't the player just represented as a generic 3d drawing?
andrewkozis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#43 andrewkozis
Member since 2005 • 3336 Posts
thats a pretty strong vc line up
savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

punch out!!!!

MiiforWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MiiforWii
Member since 2007 • 1012 Posts

Not interested in any of them.jorgeluisbl

Same. I wish they would release more good games... 

bminns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bminns
Member since 2004 • 4052 Posts
i'm still waiting for snes pilotwings. btw, which punchout was better? nes or snes version?
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ollivander

i'm still waiting for snes pilotwings. btw, which punchout was better? nes or snes version? bminns

Both excellent. I'm more inclinded to Super Punchout, more punching types and everything. 

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

Punch-Out is an awesome game. Mr SandMan and Super Macho Man are pain to me. People who are not interested are either not boxing fan, didn't play on the game or suck on it.

Soda Popinski is back. He's on my favorite boxer with his evil laugh after his drunk entrance.

Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ollivander

Punch-Out is an awesome game. Mr SandMan and Super Macho Man are pain to me. People who are not interested are either not boxing fan, didn't play on the game or suck on it.

Soda Popinski is back. He's on my favorite boxer with his evil laugh after his drunk entrance.

chris3116

Yeah I can't imagine ANYONE not wanting to get Punchout. Unless you already have it maybe, I don't watch boxing at all but it's still an amazing game. 

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Snes punchout was better because not only did you have control of left punch and right punch, but you had a super meter that filled up and hten you had super punches.

I'm not so keen on the other two releases though... I want more n64 games and SNES games over NES games... like uniracers.