2nd Best Metroid in the series on 3DS Eshop.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nini200 (9455 posts) -
#2 Posted by darkspineslayer (19455 posts) -
That's not how you spell Zero Mission...
#3 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

This is my least favourite game of all time, and Metroid is my favourite series. All the levels are composed of 3 rooms which are repeated over and over again ad nauseum. This, along with the fact that there's no map, makes it far too easy to get lost, and not in the good way. Enemies almost never drop missiles and missile recharge stations are rare. So if you run out of missiles (which are required to kill the Metroids), you're screwed. There's one boss in the game. The jumping is so floaty. Spider ball is too slow. Some of the larger Metroids have awful hitboxes and terrible AI. You can see a Metroid in plain sight and it won't move, but at the same time your missile fly right through them. This game is awful and it breaks my heart whenever I see people get excited about getting this game through Club Nintendo.

#4 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34116 posts) -

Metroid II the...SECOND best Metroid game? :?

Second worst would be more accurate, The only metroid I could maybe see be worse is Metroid Prime Hunters, but even then I wouldn't know. Metroid II is nowhere near as good as other Metroid titles.

#5 Posted by Nintatterdemon (69 posts) -

It's still fun and worth getting but the problems above are definitely accurated...the game design is a lot weaker than many of the other Metroid games.

#6 Posted by Nintatterdemon (69 posts) -

It's still fun and worth getting but the problems above are definitely accurated...the game design is a lot weaker than many of the other Metroid games.

#7 Posted by nintendoman562 (5593 posts) -

Metroid II the...SECOND best Metroid game? :?

Second worst would be more accurate, The only metroid I could maybe see be worse is Metroid Prime Hunters, but even then I wouldn't know. Metroid II is nowhere near as good as other Metroid titles.

DJ-Lafleur
I'd go as far as to call Metroid Prime Hunters a game, the same can't be said about Metroid 2.