2 questions about Arkham City Armored edition

#1 Posted by Audacitron (908 posts) -

I was going to get this a long time ago, but for various reasons it got put on the backburner. Initially I was going to get it for PS3, but then started thinking about the Wii U version. Anyway, recently I see it on sale, so I start thinking about it again.

2 questions:

1) do you have to play the game in that armored suit? I just don't like how it looks.

2) does it have a 3d stereoscopic option? My friend showed me it running in 3D on his PS3, and I was really impressed with that.

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (12875 posts) -

I was going to get this a long time ago, but for various reasons it got put on the backburner. Initially I was going to get it for PS3, but then started thinking about the Wii U version. Anyway, recently I see it on sale, so I start thinking about it again.

2 questions:

1) do you have to play the game in that armored suit? I just don't like how it looks.

2) does it have a 3d stereoscopic option? My friend showed me it running in 3D on his PS3, and I was really impressed with that.

1-no you can change suits....but i think you have to enter a code to do it.

2-as far as i am aware no wiiU games are 3d.

#3 Posted by Audacitron (908 posts) -

Assassin's Creed has 3d on Wii U

Can you play the whole game in the regular batsuit if that's what you want to do?

#4 Edited by KBFloYd (12875 posts) -

@Audacitron said:

Assassin's Creed has 3d on Wii U

Can you play the whole game in the regular batsuit if that's what you want to do?

these are the costumes you can choose

Skins and Outfits

There are alternate Skins in Arkham City, allowing players to change the looks of Batman and Robin.

1970s Batman

Animated Series

Batman Beyond

The Dark Knight Returns

Earth One

Red Robin

as for the 3d... i just put the game in to check.

i checked the options menu...and i see no 3d option.

but...you must remember... you have to put the code each time you start the game to change costume.

#5 Posted by Audacitron (908 posts) -

okay, don't like the sound of that. Maybe I'll just pick up the ps3 version. Are the tablet features anything worthwhile?

#6 Edited by KBFloYd (12875 posts) -

@Audacitron said:

okay, don't like the sound of that. Maybe I'll just pick up the ps3 version. Are the tablet features anything worthwhile?

yea they are pretty fun... you pick and choose your weapons and gadgets by touching on the gamepad..more intuitive than using a normal controller..it has off tv play to play with your tv off or another room near your wiiu.

theres a couple other touch screen things the game has you do too. like a radar thing.

it has gyro controls for aiming your batarang..if you like using gyro controls. it includes the harley quinn DLC.

its a nice version...

#7 Posted by Jaysonguy (37497 posts) -

The Wii U version is the worst version. It has graphical glitches and slowdown

#8 Edited by KBFloYd (12875 posts) -

@Jaysonguy said:

i played like 4 hours of the game and noticed none.

did you buy it and notice it?

#9 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7027 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

I haven't noticed any graphical glitches, but there is a good bit of slowdown. After the big patch last summer, it got better - still there, but better.

#10 Posted by Master_Of_Fools (1299 posts) -

@Jaysonguy:

Everyone ignore the king of Nintendo trolls.

#11 Edited by The-Butcher248 (128 posts) -

Does the armored edition, have the same content as the game of the year edition?

#12 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7027 posts) -

Does the armored edition, have the same content as the game of the year edition?

Yes, plus a few new suits exclusive to the Wii U version(armor), and Gamepad functionality.

#13 Posted by The-Butcher248 (128 posts) -

Thanks... got the PS3 version, but haven;t played it yet. I'll have to see if i can trade it for the armored edition. That would be cool to check out.

#14 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Get over yourself Floyd, Jayson speaks the truth and I have proof of it. The Wii U version can drop to around 20fps which is pathetic.

#15 Posted by Bardock47 (5195 posts) -

I have, and beaten, Armored Edition. The initial playthrough must be in the armor costume. All costumes are then unlocked (including the original Arkham City outfit). The game includes ALL of the DLC. Its also on disc, so you don not need to put in a code to download it or anything.

The gamepad has some nice features, like the minimap being down there. It also allows quick access to upgrades, bios, etc. Also the gamepad is used more for some small elements of gameplay.

Personally I do not recall any issues with the WII U version and loved it. I prefer it for having the little touches with gamepad, mostly the minimap. So I prefer the Wii U version, so it really comes down to system preference.

#16 Posted by nini200 (9452 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Jaysonguy said:

Get over yourself Floyd, Jayson speaks the truth and I have proof of it. The Wii U version can drop to around 20fps which is pathetic.

This video is bullcrap.

@1:35 the entire video is debunked. I never knew playstation had an "A" button...

#17 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@nini200: Don't give me that bullshit bro. It was probably just an editing mistake and they put the Xbox 360 version on both slides for a mistake. Sorry I hurt your feelings but the Wii U version drops to 20fps which is pathetic.

#18 Edited by nini200 (9452 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@nini200: Don't give me that bullshit bro. It was probably just an editing mistake and they put the Xbox 360 version on both slides for a mistake. Sorry I hurt your feelings but the Wii U version drops to 20fps which is pathetic.

Editor's error my behind. PS3 does not have an "A" button and you can't remove the "X" and Left Analog icon's on the playstation and replace them with Xbox buttons unless you do some serious photoshop or after effects frame by frame.

Find a video that actually proves the framerate drop.

I've heard that it drops too and I believe that it does but that video is bull dude.

#19 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Editor's error my behind. PS3 does not have an "A" button and you can't remove the "X" and Left Analog icon's on the playstation and replace them with Xbox buttons unless you do some serious photoshop or after effects frame by frame.

I've heard that it drops too and I believe that it does but that video is bull dude.

All good man, at the end of the day buy the version that you'll be happy with the most. Who am I to judge?

#20 Posted by nini200 (9452 posts) -

@nini200 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

All good man, at the end of the day buy the version that you'll be happy with the most. Who am I to judge?

Lol yep no tainted waters here. Yep that's what matters. You cool man.