MelodicMizery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 MelodicMizery
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts

i bought this game thinking i would be blown away like i was with hot pursuit, boy was i wrong

the game just doesnt feel right. theres only 2 views it would be better if you could zoom out one more notch on the camera

the R2 button is diggin into my fingers holding it.

i got to play one race as a cop and one as a racer, despite not knowing wth was even happening i was very unhappy with the game and then the networked kicked me making me unable to play. would be nice if i could play regardless of online or offline

also why do i have to drive all the way back to the home area to finish a mission why cant i just pick a mission, play it and end it, why is there all this extra driving? so after every single race that i finish i have to drive for another 5 minutes doing absolutely nothing just to get back to the home point that makes no sense and is a waste of time.

i wish they would of just left things how nfs pursuit was.

Tviper7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Tviper7
Member since 2002 • 413 Posts

You Need Help, You do know you can play offine Right? change your settings so it won't be as problematic switch back to online when your ready for that its just making it more confusing, u do not have to drive to same home all the time just use easy drive to set a route to the closest one, same with the races and other objectives basically you can jump to any place on the map or drive there unlike hot pursuit. @ some points in the game in switching between cop/racer careers your hideout or command center will automatically switch you in to the appropriate type of car for the event which can also be Disorienting .... Good Luck!

ALLoY1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ALLoY1717
Member since 2003 • 6753 Posts

Thanks you've answered a question I was looking for. The cameras in NFS MW were horrendous and I ended up trading the game in because of it, which is a shame since outside of that it was enjoyable. But due to those cameras it was just too frustrating to play. From the looks of things I''m not the only one, do a google search for NFS MW cam. It baffles me why they only have 2 cameras and 2 awful cameras at that.

Tviper7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tviper7

@ALLoY1717: Yeah, not Really Much Can be Done bout the Cameras, this is Crapterian to a certain extent, fun above all else wrecking included. They can't be bothered about bonnet cams/ cockpit views, but I've adjusted to there lack of detail in this respect thats just not a priority with these era need for speeds. Besides, there so much going on outside the car in an intense car chase or battle thats where your focus should be, but from what I've seen the addition of customization features goes along way to add a sense of identity and uniqueness over most wanted and definitely! Hot Pursuit! when your playing with your buds you get a sense of identity/distinction with your load out of pursuit tech, license plate, vinyl, and car type uncover looks extremely sick + and stat differences between enforcer, patrol, and uncover give a unique feel for the same car for battle. sorry if you feel that way some ppl are so fickle now-adays. The handling, is the deal breaker for me tho, I've heard its handles more like Most Wanted than Hot Pursuit Now! so hopefully it'll turn well on current gen.

postbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 postbox
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I agree with you, see my post below: (EA is lying to us)

Rivals is not using the criterion excellent hot pursuit engine but the most wanted engine. The drifting in the hp engine is better. Rivals is a combination of most wanted and hot pursuit gameplay. It makes you wonder, why EA did not use the excellent racing engine of Criterion's hot pursuit, but used the most wanted (according to EA is frostbite) , this graphics is not suitable for a racing game. I thought Rivals will use the HP engine, well I'm disappointed to know that it used the most wanted engine. What I like about Rivals is the randomness of the modes in the open world. But Hot pursuit straight multiplayer lobby is better for multiplayer. I hate driving to meet up points, it takes too much time to set up a multiplayer game.

For some reason, EA told us the NFS will be a Criterion gig when HP came out. But they closed down the previous nfs developer which I think was Black Box, and maybe merge them with Criterion. You can see the Black Box engine running in the recent NFS Most Wanted game, not the HP engine. And EA labeled it a Criterion game, yes the Criterion Burnout trademarks were there but the engine used was the old NFS. Now in Rivals, EA took all the elements from most wanted and HP. They put it in Rivals and still used the Black Box engine which they called the Frostbite. Car handling is more like NFS most wanted rather than NFS Hot pursuit. They called the studio Ghost Games which comprise of some old Criterion developers, but you don't see the Criterion racing engine and what makes Criterion games fun and smooth like the Hp and burnout games. Hello EA , Criterion HP engine is better and more suitable in racing games like NFS. Just compare the drifting in HP and Most Wanted. It's so sad that EA destroyed another great developer studio like Criterion. Please play the excellent NFS Hot Pursuit so that you will see what I'm talking about. I had great hopes for a true Criterion NFS game like HP, but now what EA is doing to the series just made my hopes disappear. EA, Criterion is better than Black Box. Don't label renaming old studios as a new one. We can see the trademark work. HP was excellent, The Run was ok, Most Wanted sucks, and Rivals is a disappointment in terms of engine used and car handling. I was hoping for a HP car handling (perfect).

EA bring back the true successor to Hot Pursuit using the Criterion Hot Pursuit Engine. Please no more most wanted engine, even if you call it a Frostbite engine.

Theinfmustroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Theinfmustroll
Member since 2004 • 98 Posts

@postbox:

Postbox, I'm afraid your engines are mixed up. Both Hot Pursuit and Most wanted used the same engine. It was called the Chameleon engine. It was pushed pretty hard past it's limits and that's why Most Wanted was sluggish in comparison. The Run and Rivals also share the same engine, the Frostbite 3 engine developed by Dice out of Stockholm.

Just sayin'.

Shadomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Shadomasta
Member since 2013 • 66 Posts

@Theinfmustroll: Exactly. Sounds like he was just regurgitating some crap offsome "gamer's" blog.

MelodicMizery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MelodicMizery
Member since 2011 • 52 Posts

after playing the game some more i do like it and im getting use to the controller and found a bit of fun in it

although if i had a choice id still rather revert back to hot pursuit.

also the graphics arent amazing, like i said hot pursuit on ps3 had better gaphics. and this is coming out on ps3 so as far as the console goes who cares they obviously didnt take advantage of it.

the game is fun as a cop, but as a racer your underpowered. i wrote a review for this game that has specific details under the reviews. losing all your points when crashed as a racer kills the game for me though. who the f wants to race for 40 minutes just to lose EVERYTHING!! and points arent that easy to stack up. just doesnt make any sense why such a big penalty.

also someone above said you can play campaign alone? no you cant. matter of fact is the console goes offline then you cant even start the game. im not sure why they force you to play multiplayer but then only give you 6 multiplayer ooponents lol i rarely ever see the other mp people. all i see is AI drivers.

anyways dont let this bad review turn you off from it. its a decent game, is it worth full price? prob not. if it was used for about eh 30-40topps then yah. hopefully there lazyness in programming game and there lack of sales shows them to take things more seriously. but i really doubt well be seeing a sequal to this game. there wasnt even that much promotion for it all i hear about is that crappy game driveclub

Shadomasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9 Shadomasta
Member since 2013 • 66 Posts
@MelodicMizery said:

also someone above said you can play campaign alone? no you cant. matter of fact is the console goes offline then you cant even start the game. im not sure why they force you to play multiplayer but then only give you 6 multiplayer ooponents lol i rarely ever see the other mp people. all i see is AI drivers.

Go to the safehouse. Hit R1, new menu pops up. Select Alldrive settings. First thing you see is "Change AllDrive" Under that is "Public Match". Scroll all the way to the Right (passing Friend match, and Private match) and you'll see "Single Player" AKA Offline Mode.

Tviper7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Tviper7

@postbox: I'm pretty sure we don't agree, I love Rivals and Hated Hot Pursuit, and let me tell ya I spent alot of time on Hot Pursuit trying to figure out what went wrong with my early childhood favorite from the Excellent Hot Pursuit 2 on PS2 to 2010's vers, I finally came to the conclusion it was Criterion it looked ok for remake but the handling was completely off and made some cars completely useless outside just for looks variety, which proves they should have stuck to burnout where car stats, selection, and balance among classes are irrelevant.

Kudos! to ghost/ ex-crapterion devs they fixed it this time around every car is useful for certain areas of the map & certain matchups unlike before, all the cars handle different but aren't broken as before drifting is optional on a lot cars, so you'll have to find alternate methods to regenerate your nos like slip streaming, hitting your lines/missing traffic, when you wreck on rivals if you get your car down you know its your fault, not the driving engine's steering lag and response, as before to accommodate the incessant wrecks, crashes, and drifting paramount in the burnout games of old. Its silky smooth steering, if your stuck in a groove if you do begin to drift the much improved steering response gives a far greater opportunity to pull out of it especially if you've upgraded your controls on the racer side.

Frostbite 3 is Beautiful Across world with dust storms, lightning, night, day, dusk, dawn, overcast, rain, and snow. The only issues are the environmental glitches/ rendering(freezes/crashes) which will hopefully be patched just like BF4!, but far as hooking up with ppl online when they drop in your room I usually chase down racers by guessing where they're going on the map to hook up and do pursuits or chase down racers just starting out the campaign. most ppl have mics on 360, if they make a shout as to what they wanna do most will join racers/or cops its different way of doing it than we're use to but ppl will eventually adjust to it just like that infernal Autolog.

Frag_Maniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Frag_Maniac
Member since 2005 • 2096 Posts

@Theinfmustroll said:

@postbox:

The Run and Rivals also share the same engine, the Frostbite 3 engine developed by Dice out of Stockholm.

Not quite, The Run used Frostbite 2.