Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

Well I figure it is time to do this thread and I think almost everybody is going to have these teams right on your list to

The 5 most disappointing teams in the NFL from this past year

Team 1. Cincinati Bengals, there is no question about this one out of all the teams that should have made the playoffs, they have the most talent out of any team on this list on the offensive side of the Ball and after losing 4 or 5 games, that were all very winable games

Their lowest moments of the season were.

1. The collapse againist San Diego

2. The A$$ whipping that New England put on them at home

3. Losing to Tampa Bay, a team that had not even won a game prior to them beating the Bengals

4. Their inability to come back in the 4th quarter againist any teams

Team 2. The Atlanta Falcons, they have a lot of talent on offense and a decent defense and the inability of the WR to catch the Ball or the ability of Michael Vick to make big plays with his arm, as far as who was more at Fault, that remains to be seen

Team 3. The Denver Broncos, well even though their offense was not that good this year, their defense played really well early in the season and they have been plagued by lack of skill positions on offense and that loss to San Fransisco and their inability to play good late in the season, when they were in firm control of the wild card spot in the AFC and they dropped the Ball

Team 4. The Pittsburgh Steelers, this team just was an embrassment all the way around and they just did not transition that well this year with some of the new faces on their team and the constant on and off the field Drama with Ben Roethlisberger just kept faning the flame on what turned out to be one of the most disappointing seasons that any defending Super Bowl Champion has ever had

Team 5. The Carolina Panthers, even though this team was overhyped and the most overrated pre season Super Bowl pick in years, this team was a huge disappointment from a team, that everybody thought was going to go to the Super Bowl, horrible QB play out of Jake Delhomme and Injuries this season just killed them

Other teams that received consideration for this list, well the New York Giants would have certainly made this list, if they did not make the playoffs

What team do you think out of these 5 teams will improve the most and make a run next year? Well if I had to pick right now, I feel like if the Bengals can get a Good DT and DE and a good LB, they need guys in those positions on Defense, so they can have a front 7, that creates a good pash rush, because their pash rush this past season was horrible and they need to start being a better 3rd down defense and start forcing some 3 and outs

Even though their team was ranked dead last againist the Pass this year, the problem is not the Players in their secondary, they just simply do not get any help from their front 7

If Cincinati can improve those 3 positions on Defense, I firmly believe they can make a run at the Super Bowl, they have the Offense, they just need the Defense

Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Wario_and_Fox
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
You can't blame the TB game on Cinci. That RTP call was one of the worst calls I've seen
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Rvdecwthug1976

You can't blame the TB game on Cinci. That RTP call was one of the worst calls I've seenWario_and_Fox

Well I do not want this topic to veer way left of Center, yes it was a horrible call, but you know what, with the Talent that Cincinati has on their team, they should have never been in a position, where that call should have even mattered

If you are going to blame anybody for that call, blame the guys that ended QB's career early and the Cohorts at the NFL headquarters for allowing this whole thing to become a joke

Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
I think the Steelers and Panthers should be #1 & 2. A defending Super Bowl champ has no excuse for missing the playoffs IMO. And the Panthers had such good talent and high expectations, and failed to live up to it. The Bengals should be at #3, but you have them at 1 just cus you hate them.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rvdecwthug1976

I think the Steelers and Panthers should be #1 & 2. A defending Super Bowl champ has no excuse for missing the playoffs IMO. And the Panthers had such good talent and high expectations, and failed to live up to it. The Bengals should be at #3, but you have them at 1 just cus you hate them.sfgiantsfan8291

No I do not have them there, because you say that I dislike them. When you look at all the teams, The Bengals had the most talent out of anybody on offense, it is just that their defense sucked and they kept causing Drama on and off the field and if I really hated them so much, do you think I would have said they can make it to the playoffs and get to a Super Bowl next year, if they fix their problems on defense?

Neither Carolina or Pittsburgh had the talent on offense that Cincinati had

I mean would you pick Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson or Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward over Carson, Chad and TJ? I do not think there is anybody on here that would not take them first

narywata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 narywata
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts
You also have to include Arizona and Miami into that mix of dissapointing teams.
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts

[QUOTE="sfgiantsfan8291"]I think the Steelers and Panthers should be #1 & 2. A defending Super Bowl champ has no excuse for missing the playoffs IMO. And the Panthers had such good talent and high expectations, and failed to live up to it. The Bengals should be at #3, but you have them at 1 just cus you hate them.Rvdecwthug1976

No I do not have them there, because you say that I dislike them. When you look at all the teams, The Bengals had the most talent out of anybody on offense, it is just that their defense sucked and they kept causing Drama on and off the field and if I really hated them so much, do you think I would have said they can make it to the playoffs and get to a Super Bowl next year, if they fix their problems on defense?

Neither Carolina or Pittsburgh had the talent on offense that Cincinati had

I mean would you pick Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson or Ben Roethlisberger and Hines Ward over Carson, Chad and TJ? I do not think there is anybody on here that would not take them first

But think about it, who did the Steelers lose from last year? Randel El and the Bus. Randel El was occaisionally good, and Bettis was a big part of their offense, but Parker has been better IMO. So there was no reason they shouldn't have gotten back in except bad play.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts

I think Miami and Arizona should be in there as well.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
With all the pre-season hype that Carolina had they get my vote.  Going from a SuperBowl favorite to non-playoff team is a hard fall.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Carolina was just horrible.
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts

Carolina was just horrible.Espurs117
I agree. I expected a possible Super Bowl run from them.

Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Surprise Surprise RThug picked the Bengals as the most diassapointing team
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Well, you can't make a wrong choice here.  I went with the Panthers, because of the incredible hype.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Well, you can't make a wrong choice here. I went with the Panthers, because of the incredible hype.wallymartin
Me too, and I picked them to go to the Super Bowl.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rvdecwthug1976

[QUOTE="wallymartin"]Well, you can't make a wrong choice here. I went with the Panthers, because of the incredible hype.geaux321

Well that pick proved to be real smart. :shock:

Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rvdecwthug1976

Greatwasabi

Well nobody expected Miami or Arizona to contend for a playoff birth, but I think we expected both teams to improve and they failed to do so and neither team was even close enough to be considered among the most disappointing teams in the league

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

[QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="wallymartin"]Well, you can't make a wrong choice here. I went with the Panthers, because of the incredible hype.Rvdecwthug1976

Well that pick proved to be real smart. :shock:

Really?? I didn't know that.
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GamerMan97
Member since 2006 • 6363 Posts
the Steelers disapointed me this year..
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="Greatwasabi"]

Rvdecwthug1976

Well nobody expected Miami or Arizona to contend for a playoff birth, but I think we expected both teams to improve and they failed to do so and neither team was even close enough to be considered among the most disappointing teams in the league

Tons of people were saying this was Miamis year to knock the Pats off as the division champ. Plenty of people thought of them as playoff contenders as well as the Cardinals having a shot at the division.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#20 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts
for me it was the redskins. they were suppose to be in the playoffs or at least contend. and a 5-11 season just doesn't cut it.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

for me it was the redskins. they were suppose to be in the playoffs or at least contend. and a 5-11 season just doesn't cut it.ocdog45

Thats cuz ur a fool, I told you all offseason they arent going anywhere....both you and axel. May he r.i.p too.

Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rvdecwthug1976

[QUOTE="ocdog45"]for me it was the redskins. they were suppose to be in the playoffs or at least contend. and a 5-11 season just doesn't cut it.Espurs117

Thats cuz ur a fool, I told you all offseason they arent going anywhere....both you and axel. May he r.i.p too.

Yeah and did you notice how Axel, just fell off the face of the earth around here and has not been seen since then? :P

HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts

The Panthers are the team in the NFL that was the biggest underachiever because everyone, including me, thought they could get to the Super Bowl.  I was expecting a lot more from them but we will have to wait and see what happens next year.

ND_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 ND_gamer
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
  1. Carolina
  2. Cincinnati
  3. Denver
  4. Atlanta
  5. Washington

Others: Arizona, Miami, Pittsburgh

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#25 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts
1. Pittsburgh Steelers- I never would've predicted the former champions to fall like that. 2. Carolina Panthers- They were my pick to win the SB. The Panthers and Steelers were also my pick to have the highest records in the AFC and NFC. 3. Miami Dolphins- They were really hyped to make it in, and they didn't, and that surprised me, not to mention their 1-6 start. 4. Denver Broncos- That second-half season collapse really hurt them 5. Arizona Cardinals- I picked them as the fifth seeded team. Didn't happen, not even being second in the divison. And I don't see how Atlanta can be #2
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rvdecwthug1976

1. Pittsburgh Steelers- I never would've predicted the former champions to fall like that. 2. Carolina Panthers- They were my pick to win the SB. The Panthers and Steelers were also my pick to have the highest records in the AFC and NFC. 3. Miami Dolphins- They were really hyped to make it in, and they didn't, and that surprised me, not to mention their 1-6 start. 4. Denver Broncos- That second-half season collapse really hurt them 5. Arizona Cardinals- I picked them as the fifth seeded team. Didn't happen, not even being second in the divison. And I don't see how Atlanta can be #2Goliath_unit

Ok why did you leave Cincinati out of your list for? I mean, if you did this poll with almost anybody, Cincinati would have made the list with 95% of all Football fans

The reason why I put Atlanta number 2, because they had a very talented team and I thought they were in better shape then most of the other teams and they just plain underachieved and choked 

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Goliath_unit

[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]1. Pittsburgh Steelers- I never would've predicted the former champions to fall like that. 2. Carolina Panthers- They were my pick to win the SB. The Panthers and Steelers were also my pick to have the highest records in the AFC and NFC. 3. Miami Dolphins- They were really hyped to make it in, and they didn't, and that surprised me, not to mention their 1-6 start. 4. Denver Broncos- That second-half season collapse really hurt them 5. Arizona Cardinals- I picked them as the fifth seeded team. Didn't happen, not even being second in the divison. And I don't see how Atlanta can be #2Rvdecwthug1976

Ok why did you leave Cincinati out of your list for? I mean, if you did this poll with almost anybody, Cincinati would have made the list with 95% of all Football fans

The reason why I put Atlanta number 2, because they had a very talented team and I thought they were in better shape then most of the other teams and they just plain underachieved and choked 

i didnt even expect much from cincy
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Rvdecwthug1976
[QUOTE="Rvdecwthug1976"]

[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]1. Pittsburgh Steelers- I never would've predicted the former champions to fall like that. 2. Carolina Panthers- They were my pick to win the SB. The Panthers and Steelers were also my pick to have the highest records in the AFC and NFC. 3. Miami Dolphins- They were really hyped to make it in, and they didn't, and that surprised me, not to mention their 1-6 start. 4. Denver Broncos- That second-half season collapse really hurt them 5. Arizona Cardinals- I picked them as the fifth seeded team. Didn't happen, not even being second in the divison. And I don't see how Atlanta can be #2Goliath_unit

Yes but even though you did not expect much from them, you cannot tell me as the season went on, when they had a good pre season and then won their first 3 games and then went downhill after that loss to New England and then lost 4 out of 5 games and then they finally dig themselves out of the hole, that they were in and then they choked the last 3 weeks of the season and they should have won their last 2 games and with all the talent that they have on the offensive side of the ball and then have a horrible defense and cause all that on and off the field drama, that they were not one of the most disappointing teams in the league

Then something is seriously wrong with your knowledge of the game, because there is no way in hell that a team with that much talent on offense, despite how horrible their defense was and not making the playoffs, that they could not be considered among the top 5 most disappointing teams in the league

How can you even say Miami was more disappointing then them? I mean, they do not even have stability at their QB position and I cannot name 1 WR from their team and they play in what is the worst division in the AFC and they could not do better, I do not anybody on here besides you could honestly say that the Dolphins were more disappointing then the Bengals

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Goliath_unit
[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"][QUOTE="Rvdecwthug1976"]

[QUOTE="Goliath_unit"]1. Pittsburgh Steelers- I never would've predicted the former champions to fall like that. 2. Carolina Panthers- They were my pick to win the SB. The Panthers and Steelers were also my pick to have the highest records in the AFC and NFC. 3. Miami Dolphins- They were really hyped to make it in, and they didn't, and that surprised me, not to mention their 1-6 start. 4. Denver Broncos- That second-half season collapse really hurt them 5. Arizona Cardinals- I picked them as the fifth seeded team. Didn't happen, not even being second in the divison. And I don't see how Atlanta can be #2Rvdecwthug1976

Yes but even though you did not expect much from them, you cannot tell me as the season went on, when they had a good pre season and then won their first 3 games and then went downhill after that loss to New England and then lost 4 out of 5 games and then they finally dig themselves out of the hole, that they were in and then they choked the last 3 weeks of the season and they should have won their last 2 games and with all the talent that they have on the offensive side of the ball and then have a horrible defense and cause all that on and off the field drama, that they were not one of the most disappointing teams in the league

Then something is seriously wrong with your knowledge of the game, because there is no way in hell that a team with that much talent on offense, despite how horrible their defense was and not making the playoffs, that they could not be considered among the top 5 most disappointing teams in the league

How can you even say Miami was more disappointing then them? I mean, they do not even have stability at their QB position and I cannot name 1 WR from their team and they play in what is the worst division in the AFC and they could not do better, I do not anybody on here besides you could honestly say that the Dolphins were more disappointing then the Bengals

i no many people that can say that the dolphins were more disappointing. u did no their expectations for the season. predicted runner ups by SI, and were heavy winners for divison or wildcard titles, while the Bengals were predicted to finish as low as third in their division and not to make it to the playoffs. u dun no who chris chambers is? u love to bash other peoples opinions, dont u?
Jrodsly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 Jrodsly
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts
i say Carolina. odd huh?
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points