themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4 themyrmidon
Member since 2007 • 5567 Posts

39 to 92 is a lot of swing room, must be performance incentives.  If that's the case I love the deal.

DLateral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DLateral
Member since 2008 • 1240 Posts
Im fine with this good move by them.
chAzN93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 chAzN93
Member since 2004 • 34854 Posts
im not huge fan...but i guess hes good
Blazer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#7 Blazer88
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
Well he hasn't won a superbowl but as far QB's go he is better than Eli. Far more consistant.
thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 thetallterror
Member since 2004 • 639 Posts

39 to 92 is a lot of swing room, must be performance incentives.  If that's the case I love the deal.

themyrmidon

Acutally the difference has to do with how much could be lost according to injury and what not.  Out of the 92 Million 38.5 of it he will get no matter what.  Now say he got injured,   Aritcle XII of the CBA when injured a "qualified" player will earn 

A player qualifying under Section 1 above will receive an amount equal to 50% of his contract salary for the season following the season of injury, up to a maximum payment of $275,000, if he is released pursuant to Section 1(c) above in the 2006-08 League Years unless he has individually negotiated more injury protection or a larger guaranteed salary into his contract.

CBA Article XII Section 2

This would mean he would get part of his 92 million but not all of it.  So basically the gaurantied part is the amount he will get no matter what, if he is injured, cut, whatever.  And the rest is amounts he will earn if he stays on the team, with some possible performance incentives.

wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I like the move.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year.
thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thetallterror

Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. Espurs117

Yea, the amount that starting quarterbacks are getting paid is ridiculous now adays.  

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 themyrmidon
Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. Espurs117
Too true.
Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts

but rivers is kinda..........better

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#14 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts
Good. Rivers was the highest rated QB last year, and threw 34 tds in a year when we didn't have a proven run game and a weak defence. he's a great, tough player, and i'm glad he'll be the chargers qb for the next couple of years. sure, he doesn't have a ring like eli had, but rivers has the potential to get one or two, and he is a much better player than eli.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Espurs117

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. Ryder004

Yeah everyone is better than any Cowboys player according to you. Your opinion has been deflated many times.

Ryder004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ryder004
Member since 2007 • 4371 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryder004"]

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. Espurs117

Yeah everyone is better than any Cowboys player according to you. Your opinion has been deflated many times.

maybe so, but Philip Rivers IS a better player than romo hands down.

kalabo10688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 kalabo10688
Member since 2006 • 2605 Posts
Congratz on deal but wtf does this have do with eli...2004 is so yesterday
thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thetallterror
[QUOTE="Ryder004"]

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. Espurs117

Way to prove that if someone does not believe what you do, they are wrong and their opinion does not matter.

Based on statistics from last season Phillip Rivers is on average the 6th best quarterback in the NFL, Tony Romo is 12th.

SOURCE

mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

Nice job by the Chargers signing him for the years.

Should be able to win a ring as well with that talent around him.

thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thetallterror
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

Way to prove that if someone does not believe what you do, they are wrong and their opinion does not matter.

Based on statistics from last season Phillip Rivers is on average the 6th best quarterback in the NFL, Tony Romo is 12th.

SOURCE

Yeah and according to the year before that he was the 18th best, your theory is a joke just like your posts. I never said Romo was better, Ryder and I go at it in a friendly funny way yet you have to just stick your face in there to get some attention because all the girls in Wisconsin are into Badgers more than the men there. Stop posting like a moron.

you have to just stick your face in there to get some attention because all the girls in Wisconsin are into Badgers more than the men there. Stop posting like a moron.

Also, athletes tend to be paid based on how they did last year...which is why such a big deal is made about a player's contract year.

themyrmidon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 themyrmidon
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

Yeah and according to the year before that he was the 18th best, your theory is a joke just like your posts. I never said Romo was better, Ryder and I go at it in a friendly funny way yet you have to just stick your face in there to get some attention because all the girls in Wisconsin are into Badgers more than the men there. Stop posting like a moron.

ROFLMAO!
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. thetallterror

SOURCE

you have to just stick your face in there to get some attention because all the girls in Wisconsin are into Badgers more than the men there. Stop posting like a moron.

Also, athletes tend to be paid based on how they did last year...which is why such a big deal is made about a player's contract year.

Haven't seen a Derek Anderson fan in a while. 

thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thetallterror
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

As I said, athletes tend to get paid based on what they did for one good year. 

He had one OK year and the Browns, in their infinite wisdon, overpaid him.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

[QUOTE="Espurs117"]Just happy we got Romo for 67.5 million. Seems they get more expensive every year. thetallterror

SOURCE

Yeah and your basing rank on a year aren't you? You just said Rivers was so much better than Romo based on last year. Because it surely wasent for what Rivers did the last 3 years. According to your little ranking thing Rivers was based 18th the year before. Try and catch up. 

thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thetallterror
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

Yeah and your basing rank on a year aren't you? You just said Rivers was so much better than Romo based on last year. Because it surely wasent for what Rivers did the last 3 years. According to your little ranking thing Rivers was based 18th the year before. Try and catch up. 

I just said last season that Philip Rivers was better than Romo, and that payers get paid based on how they did last season.  Also, Anderson did not do good last year, which is why he has no fans, therefore he would be ranked lower than both Romo and Rivers.

PS: Career wise the two Quarterbacks actually have very similar statistics, so Dallas actually got Romo for quite a bargain.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

I just said last season that Philip Rivers was better than Romo, and that payers get paid based on how they did last season.  Also, Anderson did not do good last year, which is why he has no fans, therefore he would be ranked lower than both Romo and Rivers.

PS: Career wise the two Quarterbacks actually have very similar statistics, so Dallas actually got Romo for quite a bargain.

Which is what my original post was about and 5 posts later here we are.

thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 thetallterror
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

And my point was that you just trashed a person without even looking into the fact that from their point of view their opinion could be valid and that their opinion could be backed up by some facts.  If you felt like Romo was better you should have posted some reasons why he was better, instead of just saying his opinion meant nothing.

thetallterror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 thetallterror
[QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

And my point was that you just trashed a person without even looking into the fact that from their point of view their opinion could be valid and that their opinion could be backed up by some facts.  If you felt like Romo was better you should have posted some reasons why he was better, instead of just saying his opinion meant nothing.

His opinion on anything related to Dallas means nothing. He just bashes them no matter what it is. He picks against them on pickem every week and says he doesnt care if he wins. His opinion means nothing. Just like when we hear you and bgres go down on favre and say OMG TOP 5 QB! We simply ignore it and laugh. 

When is the last time that I have made an amazingly positive comment on Favre?

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="thetallterror"][QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="Ryder004"]

SOURCE

His opinion on anything related to Dallas means nothing. He just bashes them no matter what it is. He picks against them on pickem every week and says he doesnt care if he wins. His opinion means nothing. Just like when we hear you and bgres go down on favre and say OMG TOP 5 QB! We simply ignore it and laugh. 

When is the last time that I have made an amazingly positive comment on Favre?

Don't know don't care. It was prolly when Favre was still a Packer, either way I just remember it. Anyways back on topic. 

Romo>Tom Brady, Rivers, Favre, Starr, Namath, Kelly, Elway, Marino, Montana, etc. 

wwe4ever_in05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#32 wwe4ever_in05
Member since 2005 • 5173 Posts
Good for the Chargers. :)
MFazio23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MFazio23
Member since 2003 • 5683 Posts

Don't know don't care. It was prolly when Favre was still a Packer, either way I just remember it. Anyways back on topic. 

Romo>Tom Brady, Rivers, Favre, Starr, Namath, Kelly, Elway, Marino, Montana, etc. 

Espurs117

Only if it's Tom Brady and Brett Favre of January 2008, Rivers in college, and everyone else now, and I'm not even sure about Marino.