Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
lol roy williams overrated.........that guy is a moron, he talks about the redskin game like its the only game he is judging his opinion on.
dodgerblue13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dodgerblue13
Member since 2004 • 20846 Posts

Overrated: Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is a good player, but you'd think by winning the Super Bowl he's a great one. He still has a ways to go to get to that level. He needs to do a better job of reading the entire field.

That made it worth reading that entire article.

Shotfire20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Shotfire20
Member since 2005 • 1745 Posts
Ya I agree with Justin Griffith being under-rated. but they are some bad ones on there.
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#5 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Ben Watson ready to join the "elite class" of tight ends?  Give me a break, he isn't even close to being a Tony Gonzalez or an Antonio Gates.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

Cowboys: I agree that Bledsoe is underrated.  People talk about him like he can barely play, but his only problem is mobility.  His arm is still very good.  Roy Williams overrated?  Maybe the most overrated on the team, but defeinitely not the most overrated in the league.

Texans: Hooray for David Carr!  I also would have accepted Dom Davis on this list, what with people's anger in not taking Reggie Bush.  Eric Moulds isn't the most overrated on the team.  It's Antwaan Peek.  Team officials talk about him like he's some defensive savior in blooming, but I have seen absolutely nothing from him that makes me think he's any good.

bb1924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bb1924
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
Pretty good list, not much to argue with. I agree with him about Roy Williams, force him into coverage and he's as useless as that star on the field. And its been that way for years.
Avatar image for sfgiantsfan8291
sfgiantsfan8291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 sfgiantsfan8291
Member since 2005 • 12011 Posts
Edge, Rudi, what is this guy smoking???
nationyde5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 nationyde5
Member since 2005 • 479 Posts
some of these he got right, allstott or allscot, whatever it is, but most of these he's way off. Edge, roy williams? And how could sean taylor be underated, most people see him as a top 5 safety. Plus it's not fair to say players who are at the end of their carrers are overrated, Curtis Martin was great 3-4 or even 2 years ago, but no one is saying he is a top back this year, and you can't say he's been overrated in the past, look at his numbers, same thing with Ike Bruce and Brett Favre.
xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

Ben Watson ready to join the "elite class" of tight ends?  Give me a break, he isn't even close to being a Tony Gonzalez or an Antonio Gates.
bgres077

Give him a chance.. Last year was his first year as a starter(was injured his rookie year).. He got all the tools to be a stud and with the Patriots running thin on receivers and Brady feeling more comfortable throwing to Watson during mini-camp*hint**hint* he might have a breakout seasons. Plus most Tight-end breakout during their second or third year anyways *cough**cough* Antonio Gates

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#11 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
Nah, I don't see Ben Watson breaking out at all.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Greatwasabi
And Lynch is not overated. He played a major part in that playoff game against the Patriots as he was constantly in Tom Brady's face and made tons of his throws off the mark. Same thing in the San Diego games, he is what he is and that's a blitzing safety. He still plays well in coverage, delivers crushing blows, and brings tons of veteran leadership. And I would say that safety, Kennoy Kennedy is the most underated on Denver. He led all DB's with 81 tackles, picked off five passes, and is still used in Blitzing packages. He's the one that forced Brady to throw that 100 yard interception return in the playoffs...
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Ben Watson ready to join the "elite class" of tight ends? Give me a break, he isn't even close to being a Tony Gonzalez or an Antonio Gates.
xyoojguy

Give him a chance.. Last year was his first year as a starter(was injured his rookie year).. He got all the tools to be a stud and with the Patriots running thin on receivers and Brady feeling more comfortable throwing to Watson during mini-camp*hint**hint* he might have a breakout seasons. Plus most Tight-end breakout during their second or third year anyways *cough**cough* Antonio Gates

This is true, I remember watching Watson when he was at Georgia and he was a stud there.
Homestar92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Homestar92
Member since 2006 • 364 Posts
"Overrated: Rudi Johnson is a decent back, but he doesn’t have the big-play speed. It's clear that backup Chris Perry brings more to the offense when he's in the game. Look for him to get more time this season."

Rudi is not overrated. He is just as good as they say he is (This coming from someone who loathes the Bengals).

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 geaux321
"Overrated: Rudi Johnson is a decent back, but he doesn’t have the big-play speed. It's clear that backup Chris Perry brings more to the offense when he's in the game. Look for him to get more time this season."

Rudi is not overrated. He is just as good as they say he is (This coming from someone who loathes the Bengals).

Homestar92
I remember the days of Rudi Johnson...
Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Wario_and_Fox
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
Where's Reggie Bush on the Saints?
bb1924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bb1924
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
Where's Reggie Bush on the Saints?Wario_and_Fox
How is anyone going to tell if he is over or underrated when he hasn't played a single down yet?
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 geaux321
[QUOTE="Wario_and_Fox"]Where's Reggie Bush on the Saints?bb1924
How is anyone going to tell if he is over or underrated when he hasn't played a single down yet?

Because Wario is just a hater and can't accept the fact.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Greatwasabi
Oops. I meant Nick Ferguson. Not Kennoy Kennedy, and yeah seriously, you can't judge a player who hasn't played a single down. And you can't be judging hime from his College Career cause he was amazing.
Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Wario_and_Fox
[QUOTE="bb1924"][QUOTE="Wario_and_Fox"]Where's Reggie Bush on the Saints?geaux321

What fact? That Reggie Bush is the Michael Jordon of football? That he'll be unstoppable and get a TD every time he touches the ball. He's overrated, and he should be on that list. No rookie should have that much hype.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 geaux321
[QUOTE="geaux321"][QUOTE="bb1924"][QUOTE="Wario_and_Fox"]Where's Reggie Bush on the Saints?Wario_and_Fox

What fact? That Reggie Bush is the Michael Jordon of football? That he'll be unstoppable and get a TD every time he touches the ball. He's overrated, and he should be on that list. No rookie should have that much hype.

Nobody here has said that Reggie Bush is god and he's gonna score a TD everytime he touches the ball. Please let me know if someone has said something like that.
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Herrdoktor
Member since 2002 • 17253 Posts

bgres077

:|

Yeah it only takes 3 guys to take him down and he almost caught up to the cornerback who intercepted Brady on two different occasions.

Oh and and he does that funny thing where he never misses the ball!

EDIT: The problem with Watson is that he doesn't get the ball thrown to him that much.  When he does however get the ball the play is ususally massive (40+ yards).  He breaks a tackle like no TE I have seen since Gonzalez.

Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wario_and_Fox

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Ben Watson ready to join the "elite class" of tight ends?  Give me a break, he isn't even close to being a Tony Gonzalez or an Antonio Gates.
Herrdoktor

Yeah it only takes 3 guys to take him down and he almost caught up to the cornerback who intercepted Brady on two different occasions.

EDIT: The problem with Watson is that he doesn't get the ball thrown to him that much.  When he does however get the ball the play is ususally massive (40+ yards).  He breaks a tackle like no TE I have seen since Gonzalez.

Yeah, him catching up to Champ Bailey might have been the most athletic performance for a TE ever in the NFL. I said WOW
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Herrdoktor

Overrated: Receiver David Givens is good, but he certainly isn't an elite receiver, yet the Titans are paying him like one.

Ouch.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bgres077
[QUOTE="Herrdoktor"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Ben Watson ready to join the "elite class" of tight ends? Give me a break, he isn't even close to being a Tony Gonzalez or an Antonio Gates.
Wario_and_Fox

EDIT: The problem with Watson is that he doesn't get the ball thrown to him that much. When he does however get the ball the play is ususally massive (40+ yards). He breaks a tackle like no TE I have seen since Gonzalez.

Yeah, him catching up to Champ Bailey might have been the most athletic performance for a TE ever in the NFL. I said WOW

I sense sarcasm?
Herrdoktor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Herrdoktor
[QUOTE="Wario_and_Fox"][QUOTE="Herrdoktor"]

bgres077

EDIT: The problem with Watson is that he doesn't get the ball thrown to him that much. When he does however get the ball the play is ususally massive (40+ yards). He breaks a tackle like no TE I have seen since Gonzalez.

I sense sarcasm?

No sarcasm.

Watch the game again.

Ben Watson almost catches up to Champ Bailey.
It's insane when you think about it.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Eh im not really impressed, happens all the time....in the Rose Bowl Texas linebacker Drew Kelson, was catching up to Reggie Bush all the time.
Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wario_and_Fox
Eh im not really impressed, happens all the time....in the Rose Bowl Texas linebacker Drew Kelson, was catching up to Reggie Bush all the time.Espurs117
A TE from the top of of the field is not suppossed to catch up to a CB who got an interception at the bottom of the field.
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bgres077
[QUOTE="bgres077"][QUOTE="Wario_and_Fox"][QUOTE="Herrdoktor"]

Herrdoktor

I sense sarcasm?

No sarcasm.

Watch the game again.

Ben Watson almost catches up to Champ Bailey.
It's insane when you think about it.

If you watch it again Champ Bailey was cadillacing it for the last 10 yards thinking he had a guaranteed touchdown, and as a result Watson hustled his ass off to catch him.  Too bad the refs blew it and gave Bailty the touchdown anyways.  That was probably the worst officiated game in recent history.  My hat is off to Watson for hustling so hard when he should have had no chance of catching Bailey.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
I'm sorry, But Brett Favre Is still great, He can still get the ball to his receivers unlike any other QB, Now its true hes not as great as he used to be, But he isn't as bad as they made him seem, He still has the strongest damn arm there has ever been, Even though he has lost a bit of accuracy
ElJuego07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ElJuego07
Member since 2005 • 1603 Posts
This guy is a complete football illiterate. He needs to revise that whole list. Brett Favre is overrated and charles woodson is underrated? woodson hasnt played a snap in GB so how could he even label him underrated? this guy needs to be fired i can make a better list than that. And i can prove is if anybody would want to read it.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#32 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Cowboys: I agree that Bledsoe is underrated.  People talk about him like he can barely play, but his only problem is mobility.  His arm is still very good.  Roy Williams overrated?  Maybe the most overrated on the team, but defeinitely not the most overrated in the league.

Texans: Hooray for David Carr!  I also would have accepted Dom Davis on this list, what with people's anger in not taking Reggie Bush.  Eric Moulds isn't the most overrated on the team.  It's Antwaan Peek.  Team officials talk about him like he's some defensive savior in blooming, but I have seen absolutely nothing from him that makes me think he's any good.

wallymartin

Praise the Lord! There's someone else who thinks that Dom is a good player! I LOVE the guy! He has been on my fantasy football team the last couple of years, and although he has been hurt, he has gotten me plenty of points. More than some guys do that aren't hurt the whole time! I wasn't too surprised when Bush was passed up for the simple reason that Davis is a very good all around back. He can catch out of the backfield, has homerun ability, and can block rather well (although you wouldn't know that since the line lets three or more guys in at a time). He's the total package and if the blockers can step up, he will most likely be around the whole season. I also believe Carr is much better than he looks. He was SO good at Fresno State and just hasn't had a good offense. They added Moulds and a couple O-lineman so hopefully he will show us what he is made of!

I agree with most of the list but like many, I think they made some dumb picks, Roy Williams anyone? Pretty good list for the most part though.