Bobbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bobbles
Member since 2003 • 11678 Posts

Here are the Power Rankings for this week. If you plan on using an upset special in Pick'em then you should probably take a look at these to see what games qualify and which one you think is most likely to happen. Sorry I didn't get this up yesterday. I will post an explanation of Upset Specials in the Pick'em thread if you're new to them. 

1. Green Bay Packers(1-0)-Defending SB champs and looked sharp offensively in their opener. The defense was playing one of the best offenses in the league so not too much shame there.

2. New England Patriots(1-0)- Tom Brady looks just as sharp as he did last year against Miami, but the pass defense still looks like a liability.

3.Baltimore Ravens(1-0)- They finally got the best of the Steelers with Ben under center and they sure looked good doing it on both sides of the ball.

4. Philadelphia Eagles(1-0)- F*** the Egals.

5. New York Jets(1-0)- Sanchez is garb and can thank Romo for blowing a fat d***.

6. San Diego Chargers(1-0)- They won week 1? Hmm, unusual. They should easily win that awful division.

7. Chicago Bears(1-0)- I was very surprised to see the defense play as well as it did against maybe an over-hyped Atlanta offense, but a good offense none the less.

8. New Orleans Saints(0-1)- They lost, but it was the champs and their offense still looks pretty dang good. Doesn't look like they'll be missing Reggie Bush.

9. Houston Texans(1-0)- With Peyton Manning out for who knows how long, this SHOULD be their division to lose. The defense looked improved... but it was Kerry Collins. We'll see.

10. Pittsburgh Steelers(0-1)- They looked stale on both sides of the ball against Baltimore, but they'll be fine with that defense.

11. Atlanta Falcons(0-1)- I expected more from that offense, let's see how they look at home this week where they usually play their best.

12. Detroit Lions(1-0)- Solid showing on offense and defense against another young and upcoming team in Tampa Bay. Now can Stafford stay healthy for the whole year?

13. Dallas Cowboys(0-1)- Maybe a bit high, but I honestly don't feel like any team below them is better or looked better week 1. Romo choked, I hate him.

14.Tampa Bay Buccaneers(0-1)- They're young and aren't playing the same weak schedule they had last year. I expect a middle of the pack team out of them this year.

15. Washington Redskins(1-0)- The Giants defense was banged up, but Washington hadn't beaten them in about 4 years now so a little impressive regardless. Rex Grossmann played well, but we all know bad Rex is coming.

16. Arizona Cardinals(1-0)- The offense should be pretty solid, but 400+ yards given up to a rookie QB? I expected better out of the defense.

17. New York Giants(0-1)- It might be a long year for the Giants if they can't get some healthy on defense and Eli doesn't have as many weapons as he had a year ago.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars(1-0)- They shutdown Chris Johnson and ran the ball effectively and won their first game, but it was the Titans.

19. Buffalo Bills(1-0)- A very surprising win in Kansas City, where it aint easy to win in Arrowhead and in the manner that they won. Fitzpatrick and the offense look solid, but let's wait and see if they can keep it up.

20. Oakland Raiders(1-0)- A very sloppy way to win in Denver, but they won and have now won in Denver the last 3 years. They have no threat in the passing game, but Darren McFadden still looks like a stud.

21. St. Louis Rams(0-1)- Steven Jackson is already hurt and their WRs had like 20 drops in one game? Garbage. They are playing in the NFC West though so they'll be fine.

22. Miami Dolphins(0-1)- Henne had a nice showing against the Pats and Brandon Marshall is the biggest reason why. They have no shot at the division, but should be an average team.

23. Kansas City Chiefs(0-1)- Wtf? After last year's performance they come out at home with what looked like a shoe-in win and get totally outplayed by Buffalo. Yeah, I see a let down year coming.

24. Indianapolis Colts(0-1)- No Peyton Manning and no defense, this team is going to be in trouble.

25. San Francisco 49ers(1-0)- Harbaugh gets his first win as the Niners coach, but the offense wasn't the reason why. They still have Alex Smith starting under center.

26. Minnesota Vikings(0-1)- AP is really all they got on offense, while McChoke is in his twilight. The defense should be decent though.

27. Cincinnati Bengals(1-0)- They beat the Browns in Cleveland, nice. I still think they're one of the worst teams in the league.

28. Tennessee Titans(0-1)- Chris Johnson got his contract and didn't do jack s*** on Sunday. F*** him. Kenny Britt returned from an injury last year with a pretty good game though.

29. Carolina Panthers(0-1)- Cam Newton threw for 400+ yards? Uh...serious? Maybe their offense won't be as bad as expected. Beason is out for the year though and that's gonna hurt.

30. Denver Broncos(0-1)- TEBOW?! Please. Orton blows, but Tebow isn't gonna help. Look for Andrew Luck in this upcoming draft.

31. Seattle Seahawks(0-1)- Tavaris jackson sucks, but hey all he has to do is throw it up to Mike Williams and Sidney Rice who happen to be CB maulers. Nah nah, they stink.

32. Cleveland Browns(0-1)- I like Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis, but uh you can't lose that game at home... I don't believe they're the worst team in the league yet, but hard not to put them here after that game.

Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 0

#2 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts
I apologize for not doing this last week. I've just been swamped in the past few weeks with work, moving in, starting college again and because of the lockout, football wasn't on my mind as much this August. I'll get this up next week unless you want to do it again.