dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts
So we had the duel between Roy Williams and Brian Dawkins in the last topic. Now, the winner of that one (Brian Dawkins) is up against another elite safety, some guy named Ed Reed. So who do you like in this one? I have to take Reed. He is fast, hits hard, smart and plays on the best defense in football.
haloraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 haloraider
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
Reed and Dawkins both fit into the fast, aggressive saftey mold, so I'll have to go with Reed, simply because he is younger.
Spartacus23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spartacus23
Member since 2004 • 130 Posts
Brian Dawkins
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bulett6990
Member since 2006 • 645 Posts
Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage.
ND_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 ND_gamer
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
Reed
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dallas_cowboys3

Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage. bulett6990
Reed has to play alongside players like Ray Lewis, Chris McAllister, Terrell Suggs, Samari Rolle, Halogi Ngata and all of the Ravens defense which means, he's not the best player on his defense like Brian Dawkins simply because all of those other players I mentioned take up a lot of the plays from Reed while Dawkins doesn't have any players like that except Jevon Kearse who didn't even play half the season this year, and Jeremiah Trotter who isn't anywhere near as good as Ray Lewis. Plus, the Ravens offense is consistent and therefore, their defense isn't on the field as long as the Eagles who play more of a quick non-consistent offense.

dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dallas_cowboys3
Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL bulett6990
Do you watch Roy Williams???? Trying to go through him is like trying to go through a million brick walls that are flying at you at the speed of light. 
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bulett6990

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage. dallas_cowboys3

Reed has to play alongside players like Ray Lewis, Chris McAllister, Terrell Suggs, Samari Rolle, Halogi Ngata and all of the Ravens defense which means, he's not the best player on his defense like Brian Dawkins simply because all of those other players I mentioned take up a lot of the plays from Reed while Dawkins doesn't have any players like that except Jevon Kearse who didn't even play half the season this year, and Jeremiah Trotter who isn't anywhere near as good as Ray Lewis. Plus, the Ravens offense is consistent and therefore, their defense isn't on the field as long as the Eagles who play more of a quick non-consistent offense.

So thats why Dawkins OVER THE YEARS has made more plays than Ed Reed comon gimme a break. And watch higlight reels of Dawkins and Roy Williams Dawkins hits are way better. Ask VIck who said the hardest hit he ever received was from dawkins who almost knocked his kidneys out of place, and Ask Alge Crumpler too. Dawkins is the best safety in football period
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bulett6990
[QUOTE="bulett6990"]Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL dallas_cowboys3
Do you watch Roy Williams???? Trying to go through him is like trying to go through a million brick walls that are flying at you at the speed of light. 

Really i remember that saints game when the fourth string wide receiver went right by Roy for a touchdown when he tried to tackle him. Hes a cheap player who horse collars everyone. i swear at least 20 percent of his tackles are horse collars.
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dallas_cowboys3
[QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage. bulett6990

So thats why Dawkins OVER THE YEARS has made more plays than Ed Reed comon gimme a break. And watch higlight reels of Dawkins and Roy Williams Dawkins hits are way better. Ask VIck who said the hardest hit he ever received was from dawkins who almost knocked his kidneys out of place, and Ask Alge Crumpler too. Dawkins is the best safety in football period

Okay say what you wish. We will always have our differences and there is no point arguing over it.
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bulett6990
[QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage. dallas_cowboys3

Okay say what you wish. We will always have our differences and there is no point arguing over it.

I dont look at it as an argument just as an intelligent debate.
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dallas_cowboys3
[QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"][QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]Id have to take Dawkins. He is the hardest hitter in the NFL even harder than reed. Plays with so much intensity and fire. The guy is just a playmaker and makes things happen. Did you see the pick against Dallas that was shades of Willie Mays on that catch it was a very athletic play. Dawkins- 95 tackles 5 FORCED FUMBLES and 4 picks Reed - 56 tackles 1 FORCED FUMBLES and 5 picks. Reed has never had more than 1 forced fumble in a season. Dawkins has had ate least 4 in 4 different seasons. When you force fumbles like that you are making plays for your team and winning games for them. Plus Dawkins is better in coverage. bulett6990

I dont look at it as an argument just as an intelligent debate.

Okay well I see this as an argument and I am just going to stop.
KFrandsen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KFrandsen2
Member since 2006 • 11377 Posts
Ed Reed, because he is younger. both are really good though
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
If I had to pick one to have on my team (as in like a fantasy draft) I would pick Reed because he's younger, but right now I'd say Dawkins for like one year
Darkstorm58621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Darkstorm58621
Member since 2005 • 433 Posts

Ok yes Dawkins has less talent around him than Reed. But there defence did lead them to 4 NFC championship games and yes i know its a few years later but there defence has not changed that much. Saying Trotter is isn't anywhere near as good as Lewis is not true. Yes Lewis is the better leader and player but Trotter has gone to the pro bowl a few years. Dawkins does have some help with Lito Sheppard, he has 5 int and made two game saving int this year one aganist the cowboys and the panthers. But in this case I would take Dawkins but not by much.