StarWarsfanboy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 StarWarsfanboy1
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
Right *condesceding look* my Panthers picked a HB, clearly what we needed, though we have talent at the position (DeShawn Foster) he is very injury prone (I maintain we would have beat the Seahawks with him healthy) and a solid back is the clear chioce.
richdb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 richdb
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts
I still got to see what the Browns do in the 2nd day.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

I like the pick of Carpenter.  I'm not too sure about Fasano, but I guess there weren't any deserving safeties at that spot.  Let me tell you though, Bledsoe's gonna have a ****load of targets to throw to.

And with Houston, they should have drafted for o-line.  But I guess Kubiak knows what he's doing.  I love the pick of DeMeco Ryans, though.  Williams and Ryans are going to make that a great defense in time.

kctree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5 kctree
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

The Falcons spent their first round pick to get a proven all pro DE John Abraham.

We traded up our 2nd round pick about 10 spots to get a huge fast corner!  Jimmy Williams, he takes away the size of receivers.. and he is faster than any of the corners picked in the 1st round.  He'll be opposite DeAngelo Hall.. who he played with at Virginia Tech.  He was alot of peoples top 3 corners.. and should have gone in the 1st round.  He just didn't work out at the columbine.. so that hurt him with a bunch of teams.

3rd round we got Miss State's RB.  don't know much about him yet.

harry2727

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 harry2727
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts
yea d'brickashaw ferguson was the right move even though  leinart was avaiable
Gamer1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Gamer1985
Member since 2003 • 1277 Posts
My team the Houston Texans very happy:D
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts

The Falcons spent their first round pick to get a proven all pro DE John Abraham.

We traded up our 2nd round pick about 10 spots to get a huge fast corner! Jimmy Williams, he takes away the size of receivers.. and he is faster than any of the corners picked in the 1st round. He'll be opposite DeAngelo Hall.. who he played with at Virginia Tech. He was alot of peoples top 3 corners.. and should have gone in the 1st round. He just didn't work out at the columbine.. so that hurt him with a bunch of teams.

3rd round we got Miss State's RB. don't know much about him yet.

kctree

Actually, Tye Hill, Johnathan Joseph, Ashton Youboty, Kelly Jennings, Tim Jennings were all faster than Williams in the 40.

And Norword is a really good RB, he hauled MSU's team the past couple of years, he'll be a good one.
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
The Saints did an ok job.  The Reggie Bush pick was great, but Roman Harper wasn't.  The Saints already have a bunch of safeties that can play, I'm assuming they will be moving one to CB.  I'm looking forward to tomorrow to see who they pick.
Breakdown04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Breakdown04
Member since 2004 • 191 Posts
Heck yea I'm happy! I was afraid Jimmy would have been gone by the second round lol. I also like Jerious Norwood, he looked pretty promising in the footage they showed.
blckflcn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 blckflcn7
Member since 2004 • 1281 Posts
lol im the only one who said I wasnt happy with there teams picks. Once again, the Falcons don't have a first round pick. Once again, they pass up talent.:cry: Chargers did okay though.
Toucanbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Toucanbird
Member since 2004 • 6440 Posts

I think for the first time in a long time, the Packers actually did a pretty good job in the draft.

It was obvious that their weak position is LB, so what do they do? They pick two very talented LBs in A.J. Hawk and Abdul Hodge.

I also like their OL pick. They picked up a guy who is very used to playing in cold weather and a pretty good WR because they traded away Javon Walker.

He won't place Walker numbers wise, but I think the Packers have made great picks so far in day 1.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#13 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

I think for the first time in a long time, the Packers actually did a pretty good job in the draft.

It was obvious that their weak position is LB, so what do they do? They pick two very talented LBs in A.J. Hawk and Abdul Hodge.

I also like their OL pick. They picked up a guy who is very used to playing in cold weather and a pretty good WR because they traded away Javon Walker.

He won't place Walker numbers wise, but I think the Packers have made great picks so far in day 1.

Toucanbird

Well, the Packers were relatively successful, but I would have like them to take Chad Jackson at that 36 pick instead of trading it away.  That didn't make any sense, considering Walker wanted out and at the time Driver wanted out (he now says he will be in training camp).  Then the Packers take a wide-receiver who is "rail-thin, un-developed, not ready to contribute right away."  This doesn't make any sense considering this is probably Favre's last run.  I don't know much about the OL, except that he's from North Pole, Alaska. (We can thank Boomer for another useless fact).  The only pick for the Packers that really made sense was the AJ Hawk pick, which was a no-brainer from the beginning.
spcdragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 spcdragon
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
the colts got what they needed in a RB with Addi hope him and Rhodes can fill edge shoes
soonerfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 soonerfan05
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts
Bobby Carpenter could be a good linebacker here, especially if they move him inside at Middle Linebacker, but Fasano come on, plus they should have taken Brodie Croyle in the second round or if he was available at their third round pick... You already have Jason Witten a 2 time pro bowler, WHY Fasano???
Sig12047

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sig12047
Member since 2004 • 4194 Posts
We took a DE even though we have the best two in the league. Apparently we cant have enough people rushing the QB. I did like Moss, so that was a good pick. I knew we would get him. Hopefully we dont regret not taking another pick.
Avatar image for god_of_football
god_of_football

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 god_of_football
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
i am really dissapointed, the Bears need an Te or another offesive weapon instead they trade down and draft all defensive players but one. that is really sad.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#18 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
My Niners did it! They may actually field a competitive team that can play the WHOLE game! Their 5th round pick was talked about by the draft guys on ESPN and they said they really liked the pick and felt that the Niners did a very good job (up to that point) of picking people they needed. Plus, Vernon Davis is a freak! I can't wait to see him on the field! When the draft guys say your team did a good job, only good things can come from that (unless it's just Mel Kiper who is the biggest idiot on the planet, luckily, all of them said the Niners did a good job so I'm not worried)
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
i love the carpenter pick for the boys, as for you guys sayin fasano was a dumb pick it wasent, first of all there gonna line him up oppsite side of witten which is gonna give witten a whole side because fasano is gonna be lined up on the same side as T.O. so this makes sense in a way, its gonna be great for witten. i was kinda ho pin lendale white would fall to teh boys but tennesee took him as expected, as for dallas not takin ko simpson in the 3rd or even 4th i was a bit dissapointed. and i dnt kno who this DE out of grambling state is that we got in the 3rd round overall i think we got a B draft.
Avatar image for chappellesshow2
chappellesshow2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 chappellesshow2
Member since 2004 • 1346 Posts
[QUOTE="Toucanbird"]

bgres077

Well, the Packers were relatively successful, but I would have like them to take Chad Jackson at that 36 pick instead of trading it away.  That didn't make any sense, considering Walker wanted out and at the time Driver wanted out (he now says he will be in training camp).  Then the Packers take a wide-receiver who is "rail-thin, un-developed, not ready to contribute right away."  This doesn't make any sense considering this is probably Favre's last run.  I don't know much about the OL, except that he's from North Pole, Alaska. (We can thank Boomer for another useless fact).  The only pick for the Packers that really made sense was the AJ Hawk pick, which was a no-brainer from the beginning.

i agree with you and that we should have drafted jackson   but we needed more picks to fill more holes and i am overall pretty happy since we did that and i think some of our picks could be good sleepers

narywata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 narywata
Member since 2005 • 84 Posts

I'm sooo happy with our picks. Our line is salitified for the next 10 years with Ferguson and Mangold. Plus we got a great QB in the second round who could have gone in the 1st round if healthy the whole season in Kellen Clemens. Great draft for the Jets.

soonerfan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soonerfan05
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts
I just thought that Dallas could have taken Fasano in the 3rd if he was there, Brodie Croyle in the second, and Ko Simpson if he was there for the fourth pick, so I thought that the draft would play out like that, not like it did, I am not saying that Fasano was a bad pick, I love Fasano (I think he's a little underrated anyways...) but not in the second round, in the third HELL YES but not in the second, not when Croyle was available and you have a piece of crap QB in Bledsoe.... but overall I give Dallas's draft a b
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#23 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

why you think croyle is good i don't know. plus that would not look good, especially with the hole henson deal which i think is a bust.

I just thought that Dallas could have taken Fasano in the 3rd if he was there, Brodie Croyle in the second, and Ko Simpson if he was there for the fourth pick, so I thought that the draft would play out like that, not like it did, I am not saying that Fasano was a bad pick, I love Fasano (I think he's a little underrated anyways...) but not in the second round, in the third HELL YES but not in the second, not when Croyle was available and you have a piece of crap QB in Bledsoe.... but overall I give Dallas's draft a bsoonerfan05