Do you think Brett Favre should play another season?

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
I think he still has the passion to play the game for another year and will likely do so. Should he come back? I really don't know.
HumanTorch101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 HumanTorch101
Member since 2005 • 6006 Posts
i have no clue because he still loves the game, but he is getting older every day.  we will just have to wait and see what he will do at the end of the season.
Avatar image for thetombradyhate
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 thetombradyhate
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Yes!!!!!! He could come back next year and finish off with a playoff year (assumming the Packers don't get a mircalcle and get into the playoffs this year). He still has plenty of skill and a love for the game.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts
Well if Brett can get a Number 2 WR and a good young RB, then yes come back, but otherwise I just am not sure, even though they are on the borderline of making the playoffs, I do not think it will happen though, but they are a much better team then last year though
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetombradyhate
Well if Brett can get a Number 2 WR Rvdecwthug1976
Greg Jennings?? Rookie with 632 receiving yards. not to shabby.
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bulett6990
Member since 2006 • 645 Posts
Yes but for the Packers absolutely not. Brett should play for a contender that needs a QB. The packers are hurting him and he is hurting the packers. The packers need to rebuild and find a new QB im not so sure aron rogers is the guy , but the packers and favre need to part ways.
GamerMan97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GamerMan97
Member since 2006 • 6363 Posts
i dont think he should play another year...
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
I'd like to see him break the touchdown record
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Yes, the Packers have a good chance of winning the division next year.  The Bears will win 9 games at most next year since they won't have the cupcake schedule that they had this year.  If the Packers want Favre to return they  need to draft another WR to help out Driver and Jennings.  Behind Driver and Jennings the Packers #3 WR in receptions has 11 on the season.(Meet Ted Ginn Jr.) That's why Favre is having a mediocre year.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Yeah he should, but I would honestly rather see what Rogers has to offer.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
No, but he isn't going to care about my opinion. He will still play another season because of how determined he is to stay.
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bulett6990
I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given.
Avatar image for bloody1f4knight
bloody1f4knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 bloody1f4knight
Member since 2006 • 4922 Posts
I think he should play one last season with Packers in 2007-2008 season.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. bulett6990

Yeah that pissed me off too.

ND_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 ND_gamer
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
He needs to go
Stingray-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stingray-Man
Member since 2006 • 374 Posts
Heck No! I love Brett Farve. But, this guy is not the same player he once was. He has gone through so much in the last few years. No one wants to say it, because they ,like me, love Brett Farve and have tremendous respect for what he has accomplished in his life, but he hasn't played football with the same mind since his Father died. I remember that game afterwards where he kept throwing one hailmary style pass after another and his receivers were catching everything. It seemed to change him. He still has the passion, but ever since that miraclulous game he has thrown wild hail mary's and the opponents catch them now. He has the physical ability, unlike most his age, but whether it iwas his father dying and his wife having cancer or just getting older, he plays very differently now. However, if some how he could get back to being patient and throwing smart passes again, I think he could be great again. We can't forget that when he is playing smart he is one of the greatest competitors and atheletes of all time. Making a comeback and a serious run at the Super Bowl would immortalize his memory, and I would like to see nothing more.
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts
I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bgres077
I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.dallas_cowboys3
You have got to be kidding me. Favre said he didn't want to teach Rodgers because he isn't the prototypical Quarterback, not because he's arrogant. You've got Favre all wrong my friend.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LINKloco

[QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.bgres077
You have got to be kidding me. Favre said he didn't want to teach Rodgers because he isn't the prototypical Quarterback, not because he's arrogant. You've got Favre all wrong my friend.

Any pointers would be nice though...don't you think?

thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thetombradyhate

[QUOTE="bgres077"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.LINKloco

yeah pointers would be nice, but it isn't in his contract to teach A-rod, that would be in his contract if he was a coach. DC You think Favre is jealous of A-rod?? you think he stayed because he's jelaous of A-rod?? Well you don't know Brett Favre, Brett Favre loves the game of football.Try reading December 4th SI article "For the Love of the Game" "Brett Favre Now"
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dallas_cowboys3
Okay, okay I'm sorry I just hate Favre naturally and I got all worked up about it. He seems like a cool guy but I mean picture being Aaron Rodgers, you are the backup for Brett Favre. BRETT FAVRE. He is probably thinking " Man this is awesome. I get to play alongside the great Brett Favre and plus, he can teach me a thing or two." I mean Aaron had to feel very down after Favre said he didn't want to help out Rodgers.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.thetombradyhate

yeah pointers would be nice, but it isn't in his contract to teach A-rod, that would be in his contract if he was a coach. DC You think Favre is jealous of A-rod?? you think he stayed because he's jelaous of A-rod?? Well you don't know Brett Favre, Brett Favre loves the game of football.Try reading December 4th SI article "For the Love of the Game" "Brett Favre Now"

Naw, I'll pass. I don't question his love for the game(check first post). I don't know where you get these ideas, but I don't care it needs to be in his contract or not to help an up coming quarterback and I never questioned if he is jealous or not. It's just a small aspect of the guys personality that rubbed people the wrong way. Pretty insignificant, but I would say most people would give a new comer some tips on a craft that they were a veteran of. Maybe he's just protecting his own tail, so that he wouldn't be replaced because the way he's been playing as of late just wouldn't cut it if it weren't for the name.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LINKloco

Okay, okay I'm sorry I just hate Favre naturally and I got all worked up about it. He seems like a cool guy but I mean picture being Aaron Rodgers, you are the backup for Brett Favre. BRETT FAVRE. He is probably thinking " Man this is awesome. I get to play alongside the great Brett Favre and plus, he can teach me a thing or two." I mean Aaron had to feel very down after Favre said he didn't want to help out Rodgers. dallas_cowboys3

Exactly.

bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bulett6990

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. Espurs117

Woah Espurs were agreeing. Maybe you're not so bad after all.
Drunkenmasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Drunkenmasta
Member since 2005 • 536 Posts
He has the talent around him to atleast guide the Pack to a winning season next year. Defensively they are getting better. If he does come back it WILL be his last year. No if, ands or buts about it.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rvdecwthug1976
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. bulett6990

Well do not be so shocked, because on Xbox live last month, when I was playing Gears of War, and I am an Ohio State fan and there was a Michigan fan in the room and we were talking about the game and there was a lot of trash talking between me and him and we called a truce after the match and he has became one of my best friends on Xbox live

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bgres077
He has the talent around him to atleast guide the Pack to a winning season next year. Defensively they are getting better. If he does come back it WILL be his last year. No if, ands or buts about it.Drunkenmasta
I agree, next year the playoffs are a very realistic goal. Without him they're a sub-.500 team next year.
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dallas_cowboys3
[QUOTE="Drunkenmasta"]He has the talent around him to atleast guide the Pack to a winning season next year. Defensively they are getting better. If he does come back it WILL be his last year. No if, ands or buts about it.bgres077
I agree, next year the playoffs are a very realistic goal. Without him they're a sub-.500 team next year.

Yeah I believe Favre's leadership is what has given him the success he has had with the Pack. Aaron Rodgers will never have the leadership of Favre. He might be good but, he will never lead a team the way Favre does. When you play for him you just have to expect to win.
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bulett6990
[QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. Rvdecwthug1976

Well do not be so shocked, because on Xbox live last month, when I was playing Gears of War, and I am an Ohio State fan and there was a Michigan fan in the room and we were talking about the game and there was a lot of trash talking between me and him and we called a truce after the match and he has became one of my best friends on Xbox live

Im getting gears of war for christmas you up for a match.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rvdecwthug1976
[QUOTE="Rvdecwthug1976"][QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. bulett6990

Yes you can play with me or againist me, hopefully Espurs will be getting Gears of War soon and a Xbox live subscription again, I can see the flamebait now with you and him in the same room. :shock:

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bgres077
Keep it on topic please.
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 bulett6990
[QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="Rvdecwthug1976"][QUOTE="bulett6990"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="bulett6990"]I personally dont want to see Favre break the touchdown record. I haven't liked him ever since he gave Michael Strahan the sack record by laying down for him when he could've avoided the sack. A record is to be earned not given. Rvdecwthug1976

Yes you can play with me or againist me, hopefully Espurs will be getting Gears of War soon and a Xbox live subscription again, I can see the flamebait now with you and him in the same room. :shock:

hAHAHA lol i cant wait my gamertag is bullett6990 by the way. I gotta renew my xbox live too
bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bgres077
For the second and last time, please stay on topic or else you will be moderated.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rvdecwthug1976

For the second and last time, please stay on topic or else you will be moderated.bgres077

Not a problem this can be moved to the off topic thread on here

jswaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 jswaim
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
no he should not. His team sucks and they need some freash blood.
thetombradyhate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thetombradyhate
[QUOTE="thetombradyhate"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.LINKloco

Naw, I'll pass. I don't question his love for the game(check first post). I don't know where you get these ideas, but I don't care it needs to be in his contract or not to help an up coming quarterback and I never questioned if he is jealous or not. It's just a small aspect of the guys personality that rubbed people the wrong way. Pretty insignificant, but I would say most people would give a new comer some tips on a craft that they were a veteran of. Maybe he's just protecting his own tail, so that he wouldn't be replaced because the way he's been playing as of late just wouldn't cut it if it weren't for the name.

I was actually directing most of my comments more twoards DC then you
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="thetombradyhate"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"][QUOTE="dallas_cowboys3"]I hate Favre and I hope Aaron Rodgers does 1 million times better than him. For some reason I said he should stay but I don't know why. Favre is so jealous of Rodgers it isn't funny. Remember when Rodgers asked him for some pointers and Favre said It doesn't say that I have to teach Aaron Rodgers how to play football in my contract. That was just a smart ass mistake but don't worry, Rodgers doesn't need to hear any advice from that old coot anyway.thetombradyhate

I was actually directing most of my comments more twoards DC then you

My bad if I came off harsh.:P

ThunderEight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#38 ThunderEight
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!  I am sick and tired of hearing about whether or not Brett Favre is going to play.  People need to forget about what Brett did during the mid 90's and get over him.  He is hurting the team right now...they can't move on while he is still there...they are a couple of years away from a Super Bowl if that...and who really cares about just making the playoffs.  The only teams that just want to make the playoffs are teams that are rebuilding...and are the Packers rebuilding...kind of...but it's hard when your 40 year old glory boy won't retire.  Remember how bad the Packers teams were in the mid 80's when all they had was the magic man...retire Brett...for the sake of the entire Packer nation...go back to Mississippi and do some fishing.