dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 dallas_cowboys3
Member since 2006 • 5549 Posts

I can't believe this. I was just making this sig for someone too. R.I.P. Darrent. His rookie season. He was going to be a star on the field. He was the future of the Broncos defense. Very sad.

Story

geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
Wow, that is just crazy.
Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Wario_and_Fox
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
Wow. No one deserves that. I don't remember Darrent Williams doing anything bad on or off the field that anyone would do that.
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dallas_cowboys3
Wow. No one deserves that. I don't remember Darrent Williams doing anything bad on or off the field that anyone would do that.Wario_and_Fox
He didn't. people just shot at his limo. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time I guess. I'll always remember how he had his full name on the back of his jersey...
2tontom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 2tontom
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
This is a tragedy beyond description. Forget football, this is a 24 year old life being taken away for no reason whatsoever. The lead story on ESPN is on the playoffs for a game that has no point instead of the murder of one of the NFLs top young men its sickening, whats the point? My heart goes out to the family. Nobody should have to live through having someone that young taken away.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts

People in the group he was with got into some trouble at a club, then the shooting happened when they left. Was he directly involved? That will soon be determined. Very sad.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Horrible disaster, may he rest in peace.

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts

Just so you know, he wasn't a rookie this was his second season.

But this is just sick. When I go to NFL.com and I see that the lead story is about the playoff matchups and then on the side they just have CB Williams killed it makes me sick. And I don't believe this was just a 'Random Shooting' Someone probably lost a bet and decided to take their anger out on the team. All my heart is out to the family of this great athlete and I hope whoever did this is brought to justice. Hell don't give him to the police just give him to all the Denver fans and let them have their way with him.

And thank you for that sig.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Greatwasabi
I wish Denver could have won it all for him this year...
xyoojguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xyoojguy
Member since 2003 • 1102 Posts

It a very sad week for the Broncos.

They miss out of the playoffs and now one of their CB dies.. A bad way to start off the new year..

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LINKloco

Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.bgres077

Maybe they should make better decisions to where they hang out.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espurs117

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.LINKloco

Im sure some rules and guidelines will be added this offseason.

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Greatwasabi

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.LINKloco

He wasn't hanging out anywhere bad... He was shot in the teams Limousine in downtown Denver.

Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Wario_and_Fox
[QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.Greatwasabi

He wasn't hanging out anywhere bad... He was shot in the teams Limousine in downtown Denver.

Yeah, not his fault in this case. He was with ther est of the team, this was a tragic accident.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.Greatwasabi

Did he not just leave a club around 2:00 am or so in the morning when the limo was shot up?

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#17 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts
[QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe. Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.Espurs117

I don't think the NFL can do that. They can't control what the players do off the field.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Espurs117
[QUOTE="Espurs117"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe. Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.bgres077

I don't think the NFL can do that. They can't control what the players do off the field.

I meant the Broncos....they can have some rules enforced.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Quite tragic indeed, he had a lot to live for if he lived.
Avatar image for dallas_cowboys3
dallas_cowboys3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dallas_cowboys3

Just so you know, he wasn't a rookie this was his second season.

But this is just sick. When I go to NFL.com and I see that the lead story is about the playoff matchups and then on the side they just have CB Williams killed it makes me sick. And I don't believe this was just a 'Random Shooting' Someone probably lost a bet and decided to take their anger out on the team. All my heart is out to the family of this great athlete and I hope whoever did this is brought to justice. Hell don't give him to the police just give him to all the Denver fans and let them have their way with him.

And thank you for that sig.

Greatwasabi
I'm very sorry this happened and I thought he was a rookie. I'm glad to see you use the sig and I feel for you but especially Williams' family and the Broncos organization. I am shocked by this.
2tontom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 2tontom
Member since 2006 • 546 Posts
[QUOTE="Greatwasabi"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

Did he not just leave a club around 2:00 am or so in the morning when the limo was shot up?

It was New Years Eve. Many people were out late.
Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Greatwasabi

Big deal he was at a club. So that means it's his fault? He didn't do anything.

Maybe the Broncos and 49ers just shouldn't play eachother anymore. The last active NFL player to die died last year as a member of the 49ers after a Pre-Season game against Denver.

Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wario_and_Fox
[QUOTE="Greatwasabi"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

He wasn't the only Broncos player there though
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
Incredibly unfortunate.  I feel no sympathy for people who bring violence upon themselveswhich happens quite frequently, but it doesn't appear to be the case this time.  My heart goes out to to the family, and may he rest in peace.
tmblackmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 tmblackmaster
Member since 2003 • 4553 Posts
I'm still at shock who knows what he would bring to the game with a few more seasons under his belt.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Greatwasabi"][QUOTE="LINKloco"]

[QUOTE="bgres077"]Man with the Tank Williams incident and now this it must be hard for players to go out and feel safe.  Nobody should die so young, especially someone as gifted as Darrenet Williams.2tontom

It was New Years Eve. Many people were out late.

That's not the point. 

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LINKloco

Maybe the Broncos and 49ers just shouldn't play eachother anymore. The last active NFL player to die died last year as a member of the 49ers after a Pre-Season game against Denver.

Greatwasabi

No, I'm not saying it was his fault, but from my experience going to clubs...they a hot spots with trouble waiting to happen and once you are labeled a professional athlete you should be more cautious of the spots you go to. Just being an professional athlete gravitates more attention onto themselves from everyone in the club. Good and bad. Although he was not directly involved witht the shooters at the club, but some members of his group were...I'm sure there is a good chance just by being who they were brought attention to their group and had some thugs willing to start **it with them. I'm not saying it went down like this, but there is a chance it did. I'd have to agree with Skip Bayless from the show 1st and 10 on this and say that clubs and professional athletes don't mix.

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Greatwasabi
[QUOTE="Greatwasabi"]

LINKloco

No, I'm not saying it was his fault, but from my experience going to clubs...they a hot spots with trouble waiting to happen and once you are labeled a professional athlete you should be more cautious of the spots you go to. Just being an professional athlete gravitates more attention onto themselves from everyone in the club. Good and bad. Although he was not directly involved witht the shooters at the club, but some members of his group were...I'm sure there is a good chance just by being who they were brought attention to their group and had some thugs willing to start **it with them. I'm not saying it went down like this, but there is a chance it did. I'd have to agree with Skip Bayless from the show 1st and 10 on this and say that clubs and professional athletes don't mix.

Well he didn't just show up. He was attending a birthday party for a Denver Nuggets player so there were more athletes there than just Darrent and a few of his friends.

LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LINKloco
[QUOTE="LINKloco"][QUOTE="Greatwasabi"]

Greatwasabi

Well he didn't just show up. He was attending a birthday party for a Denver Nuggets player so there were more athletes there than just Darrent and a few of his friends.

Yes, I'm aware of that. That just falls into what I'm saying.

ND_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 ND_gamer
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

R.I.P Darrent Williams

You will be missed

Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wario_and_Fox
Can someone make me a Darrent Williams signature?
Goliath_unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#32 Goliath_unit
Member since 2006 • 3930 Posts
i am very upset that this happened. i was shocked when i heard about this. this is a 24 year old whose life has been ended far too early
bulett6990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bulett6990
Member since 2006 • 645 Posts
Im actually in Denver rite now on vacation and there is atremendous outpour of support from the community. The reports are that there was a paarty in Downtown Denver at a nightclub hosting a party for kenyon martin. and several broncos players were there. There was an altercation between 2 groups of people one including darrents group. and darrent owned a rap label and they say it might have been a rival rap group in the club or something but they arent really sure if that was the motive . he left the club with his group in a hummer stretch limo which included javon walker in it. He was shot in the neck and died instantly in javon walkers lap. Later that morning walker was seen with a huge bloodstain on his shirt from darrent. two other people in the limo were wounded. Darrent had 2 kids and was going to set up a youth football camp for kids to stay out gangs in his hometown of fort worth , texas. R.I.P. Darrent
Wario_and_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wario_and_Fox
They found the vehicle...outside the Denver International Airport. And the person who it belonged to was in jail when the murder happenned
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
im changing my number to 27 next season. I will now put my full name on my jersey in honor of darrent williams.
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts
They found the vehicle...outside the Denver International Airport. And the person who it belonged to was in jail when the murder happennedWario_and_Fox
He was a crips gang member who owned the vehicle. I suspect the crips responsible for this. Also, drive by's are usually gang violence.