Who's using an Android on GS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 DevilMightCry
Member since 2007 • 3554 Posts

Just curious, who's reaching GS from an Android phone, and how's your experience? I for one am on Droid X2, and have no issues other than when I type in forums sometimes the droid will add some weird words after the last sentence. Even tho I have auto-fill/suggest set to off. Or not being able to post images using the insert image function. Anyone have issues? I'm using both standard, and Dolphin HD, non mobile access to GS.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I use it alright, but I wish posting was a little easier. It just kinda hangs there without giving a clear indication of where the cursor is.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
It works in a pinch....
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Only issue I have is not being able to start my own thread.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DevilMightCry
Only issue I have is not being able to start my own thread.AmazonTreeBoa
Why not?
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AmazonTreeBoa
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"]Only issue I have is not being able to start my own thread.DevilMightCry
Why not?

Correction, I can't with Dolphin. I just tried with Opera and can. With Dolphin, it allows me to click on "New Topic", but won't allow me to type.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I can see reviews and news, but I can't get into forums. I click forums and it just refreshes back to GS's homepage. It was like that with Opera and the default browser. I haven't tried since I put my phone back to factory settings a few weeks ago.
DevilMightCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DevilMightCry
I can see reviews and news, but I can't get into forums. I click forums and it just refreshes back to GS's homepage. It was like that with Opera and the default browser. I haven't tried since I put my phone back to factory settings a few weeks ago. flipin_jackass
Try using Dolphin HD. In the setting, you can set it to desktop mode. So no matter which site you go it allways reads as a desktop site.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

Using Dolphin HD desktop mode I can only type thing using quick reply and quick quote the gs text editor doesn't work for me so no editing comments,using full reply and quote be really nice if they updated the forum software its subpar even on a normal desktop computer and for mobile use support for tapatalk would be very nice.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AmazonTreeBoa
Guess I was wrong. I can even start a new topic with Opera Mobile either like I thought I could. I can type in the title, but it won't allow me to write me post.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]I can see reviews and news, but I can't get into forums. I click forums and it just refreshes back to GS's homepage. It was like that with Opera and the default browser. I haven't tried since I put my phone back to factory settings a few weeks ago. DevilMightCry
Try using Dolphin HD. In the setting, you can set it to desktop mode. So no matter which site you go it allways reads as a desktop site.

Thank you good sir! I'll give it a try. I'd definitely like to spam the GS forums on the go. :P
AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts
How come this isnts Tapatalk enabled? Who do we spam about this??
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
The mobile site works great and the forums do work but I have it bookmarked as it is not very user friendly to get to. Either adding forums to the app or adding them to the mobile site would be a very good improvment. The full site works just not that well when compared to other full webistes.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#14 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

I only used once, typing was quite laggy so I never bothered again as I only use GS for forums now not for news/reviews anymore. It's shocking gamespot isnt compatible with tapatalk.

Avatar image for LstDrivenMchine
LstDrivenMchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LstDrivenMchine
Member since 2010 • 149 Posts
most of the time I do. But it's real slow so I do it the old-fashioned way and use a laptop.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Posting this from my phone using dolphin hd no lag at all. I guess it all comes down to your connection phone and browser. They drop down menus don't work very well though.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gambler_3
And I see the quick reply box doesn't lag but the full reply window does.
dobango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dobango
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hello friends, The Samsung Galaxy S features a PowerVR graphics processor, yielding 20 million triangles per second, making it the fastest graphics processing unit in any smartphone at the time of release. Also, upon release, the Galaxy S was both the first Android phone to be certified for DivX HD, and at 9.9 mm was the thinnest smartphone available. Best regards Vicholas
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gambler_3

Hello friends, The Samsung Galaxy S features a PowerVR graphics processor, yielding 20 million triangles per second, making it the fastest graphics processing unit in any smartphone at the time of release. Also, upon release, the Galaxy S was both the first Android phone to be certified for DivX HD, and at 9.9 mm was the thinnest smartphone available. Best regards Vicholasdobango
dafuq-was-that.jpg