Who wants a much bigger screen on future iPhones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
I love my phone but can barely stand its tiny screen anymore. I have a 4S but my friend has a 5 and the size increase is barely noticeable or useful. Everytime I see an Android I get jealous. Do you guys want one or think a significant change is on the table? It's the one thing I can't much abide anymore. The Galaxy fits in my pocket fine even with its screen, which is a whopping 43% bigger. C'mon Apple. I'm tempted to change but love my phone too much, except for this problem. They need to increase the screen size ASAP.

Agree, disagree?
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

I agree. Apple needs to step their game up. But they won't for a long time probably to cut back on costs even if its miniscule Apple is all about profit. Personally not a fan of iOS and I'm using an HTC One right now. It's a fantastic phone... 

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Not me to be honest. I've been around with different Android Phones, first I had a 4.3" which to be honest was the most manageable but I don't think it'll be a huge improvement over the 4" of the Iphone 5S. Then I tried a much bigger display (5.7") Phablet, and that was much too big for me to use. And finally I used a Nexus 4, 4.7" That was a nice display but personally I also found it too big, I couldn't touch all the corners easily in one hand and it often required two hands for tasks. I've been using the 4" of my Lumia 520 and I plan to switch back to an Iphone soon. I hope Apple stays where they are now or atleast offers a big and small screen model because I think 4" is definitely the best spot.

Magescrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Magescrew
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts
I was honestly fine with 3.5", 4" is alright for now.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

They need multiple models with multiple screen sizes if they want to compete better with android

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@kraken2109: Apple isn't competing with android, they're competing with Samsung, the only other company really making any money in the mobile space.

Apple doesn't need help competing by saturating the market, but rumors are swirling about larger iPhones. I don't mind the idea of a bigger screen so long as I can still do everything easily with one hand.

If they make a phone the size of an iPhone 5s but remove all bezel, you would have a pretty attractive option. There have also been rumors of such a device coming from Cupertino.

Alucard_Inoue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alucard_Inoue
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I used to have a palm pre with a screen size of 3.1" and I thought I was fine with that. Now I upgraded to a S3 with a screen size of 4.8". There's no way I can go back to a small screen now. It's too nice. I would use my friends Iphone 4s once in a while and it seems so tiny. Because it is only 3.5". Iphone 5's 4" screen seems to be the perfect minimal screen size because the device doesn't have to be too big. You can do a lot of tasks one handed. Using an S3, I know I always have to use two hands to reach everywhere on the screen or I risk dropping it. I would love for a 4.5" screen for my eyes and tiny hands.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

I know Donald Trump is wanting a bigger screen iPhone

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57607409-71/donald-trump-demands-larger-iphone-screen/

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

The problem with large screens is lower battery life, and a lack of ergonomics.

I think the most Apple could increase their size while still maintaining their "easy of use in the hand" thing they have going on is maybe about the size of the Nexus 4.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

@musicalmac: Either way they're trying to compete with a platform that offers choice. iPhones would be a lot more attractive to many people if they offered at least 2 different sizes.

IMO android has gone the other way though, with all top end phones being too big now.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Honestly, as someone who has owned every iPhone including the 5s right now. I DONT want a bigger screen size over 4.3 inches. I've owned the GS3, GS4 and Note 2 and I hated the size

rryan_ramoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rryan_ramoo
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I don't understand why people want a bigger screen on the iphone, its an iphone not an android i like it the way it is