Which I Iphone model to get

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Ok I've been looking at phones for awhile. I considered android but there are just too many of them to make a solid choice and too many variants of the android OS. So what do you seasoned Iphone users recommend. the iphone 6 is nice but expensive my only option is to get it through T-mobile and pay it off monthly. But they also have the 5s abd 5c available, should I buy one of those first instead?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

There isn't a lot of point in getting anything that isn't the latest model of iPhone.

willre00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 willre00
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts

The 5S will probably start to slow down after IOS 9 so I'd buy a 6.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Celsius765

Oh didn't know that, that might explain why my mom's 4s wnt blank and had to reboot. Everything was still there but it moved slow at first

willre00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 willre00
Member since 2012 • 158 Posts

@Celsius765: iPhones (and other Apple products) in my experience are only fast when they're on the version of IOS they come with (IPhone 6 comes with IOS 8) and the version after (IOS 9). But once they've gone through two versions of IOS they really seem to slow down.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Go Windows Phone as MS has better support on older hardware than both Apple and Google. Windows Phone devices with a Snapdragon chipset will upgrade to Windows 10 (pending on carrier)

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Celsius765

@FireEmblem_Man: I'm not sure about that Windows is still a young OS and who knows if MS is truly commited to keeping this going

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Celsius765: They're fully committed to the mobile space! Why else have they released technical previews for windows phone users? They are looking at a converged future and so they're fully committed to a unify ecosystem for Windows 10, which is why they're uniting the Windows App Store across all Windows 10 devices from phones to Xbox One, to desktops, and tablets to fulfill the app gap

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celsius765

@FireEmblem_Man: hmmm well if they had more phones out there and not having the better phone models exclusive to the more expensive phone carriers I'd give a try maybe

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Celsius765 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: hmmm well if they had more phones out there and not having the better phone models exclusive to the more expensive phone carriers I'd give a try maybe

I would try out one of the entry-level phones as they're cheap. So far, MS has yet to announce their flagship as they're busy trying to complete Windows 10 for phones. However, there are rumors flying around that MS is debating to use either the Snapdragon 810 or the Intel Atom for their flagship. What is your carrier? You can always do some research and can by a Lumia 1520 version 3 as it's unlockable to work on T-Mobile's network

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

@willre00 said:

@Celsius765: iPhones (and other Apple products) in my experience are only fast when they're on the version of IOS they come with (IPhone 6 comes with IOS 8) and the version after (IOS 9). But once they've gone through two versions of IOS they really seem to slow down.

My 4s didn't get noticeably slower until iOS7. That was due largely to the added multitasking features and the animations. The difference between the 4s and the 5s and 6 are pretty numerous. The SoC in both the 5s and 6 are going to have much longer legs than any Apple SoC before it.

Avatar image for gamevicecontrol
GameViceControl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GameViceControl
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

iPhone 6 is a perfect size model IMO, definitely go for that!

EliteWorrior92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 EliteWorrior92

I have the iPhone 6, my brother has the 6 Plus, but damn that screen is big!! must for all gamers, but I find it hard to handle with just one hand. So if I must chose between usability and gaming.. i'd rather take the 6 over the 6 Plus. Its just to big.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

I chose the 6 over the 6 plus and 5S because it's the perfect size for me. Still easily pocketable yet a whole lot larger than the old 3.5 inch screens I used for four years.

Don't waste time on a Microsoft phone and especially an Android phone. A whole lot less support and quality on both ends.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

I chose the 6 over the 6 plus and 5S because it's the perfect size for me. Still easily pocketable yet a whole lot larger than the old 3.5 inch screens I used for four years.

Don't waste time on a Microsoft phone and especially an Android phone. A whole lot less support and quality on both ends.

Don't waste your time listening to this, Microsoft Phones can last longer than any Apple Phone's as Windows 10 will be glorious!

azertygamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 azertygamer

@FireEmblem_Man:

I definitely don't agree. If you take care of your device, Apple lasts a long time. I used my iPhone 4S for 3 years! That's more than the average smartphone life duration. If you like Windows more, no problem, but it doesn't last any longer than any other OS

@Celsius765: As others already said, picking an outdated Apple device will cost you even more money in the end.. I own an iPhone 6 and I am very satisfied with the device, it works great and it's definitely worth the money! The plus is really too large to use in a decent way.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FireEmblem_Man

@azertygamer said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

I definitely don't agree. If you take care of your device, Apple lasts a long time. I used my iPhone 4S for 3 years! That's more than the average smartphone life duration. If you like Windows more, no problem, but it doesn't last any longer than any other OS

@Celsius765: As others already said, picking an outdated Apple device will cost you even more money in the end.. I own an iPhone 6 and I am very satisfied with the device, it works great and it's definitely worth the money! The plus is really too large to use in a decent way.

Have you updated to the latest iOS? It slows down my father's iPhone 4S!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Celsius765

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@azertygamer said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

Have you updated to the latest iOS? It slows down my father's iPhone 4S!

That might because the 4s is seriously out of date and it might be pretty hard for it to run newer updates

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Windows phones don't last longer than iPhones. Not only is it the opposite, but iPhones are also the only smartphones that retains its value after-market, so when it's time to sell and move on, you'll still be able to get a whopping majority of your money back.

iPhones are the better investment. Don't trust the company that scoffed multi-touch screen technology and swearing it's a fad that will die, only to turn around after three years of investor-related pressure and walk into the mobile space with its tail between its legs.