What pre payed data phone would be best?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DeltaX_basic (134 posts) -

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/phones/phones-summary.html?itcid=NAV:4&dType=deviceType_prepaid

So fair Im looking at eather Samsung Galaxy 551 or the HTC Wildfire S. With a quick google search peaple say the HTC Wildfire S is the better phone.

What do you guys say.

#2 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
WIldfire S is a very popular cheap phone, the Optimus L5 is the better spec'd device at the price your looking. Personally if you can find the temporary phone i have for a good price it trumps all these. Huawei Ascend g300
#3 Posted by DeltaX_basic (134 posts) -

Im using CDMA at the moment. I don't think I can do that. Thanks for the offer.

#4 Posted by mystic_knight (13801 posts) -
Lol im not offering my phone, but if you can actually find that phone, its better than the ones listed there. If not go get a feel of the phones, each of them use a different skin so experiences will change.
#5 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
You can always get an unlocked phone, and use straight talk unlimited for $45 bucks.
#6 Posted by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

You can always get an unlocked phone, and use straight talk unlimited for $45 bucks.Fightingfan
Either this or Tmobile prepaid rocks, otherwise looks like the Wildfire.

#7 Posted by DeltaX_basic (134 posts) -

Im stuck using pre payed phones in the link above.

#8 Posted by imprezawrx500 (19187 posts) -
How much you want to pay? I'd pick the one s lol smokes all the others but then smokes you bank balance too, In the lower price range I'd pick the desire c, pretty much the new wildfire s. The wildfire s is ok but has next to no usable storage, install a few apps even if you put them on the sd and you quickly run out of space, is a nice little phone but the storage can be a real problem the desire c has much more storage space and a better processor. I'd only consider the Optimus L5 or Desire C, rest are old and lack internal storage.
#9 Posted by Gambler_3 (7572 posts) -

Sony xperia neo V and ray are the same price as desire C and are much much better.

#10 Posted by imprezawrx500 (19187 posts) -
yes but he said they have to be from that site.
#11 Posted by DeltaX_basic (134 posts) -

I don't think ill get a LG.

Samsung Galaxy 551 has a better prosseser
HTC has better everything else.
They sied HTC has muiltitouch support. DOn't know if the other has that to.

#13 Posted by DeltaX_basic (134 posts) -

HTC Desire C has Android OS 4.0, I heard it has flash but it's slow and they took out the flash for the camera. same size
Is HTC wildfire S still a better phone then that.

#14 Posted by TonyDanzaFan (2973 posts) -
The HTC One V would be my choice. It's 199 on Virgin.
#15 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

You can always get an unlocked phone, and use straight talk unlimited for $45 bucks.Fightingfan

Going to try this. Just bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store and a ST sim, hopefully it works out well.

#16 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]You can always get an unlocked phone, and use straight talk unlimited for $45 bucks.Vari3ty

Going to try this. Just bought an unlocked Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store and a ST sim, hopefully it works out well.

That's what I'm doin', might wait for the Iphone5 hardware is released though.
#17 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]You can always get an unlocked phone, and use straight talk unlimited for $45 bucks.Fightingfan

That's what I'm doin', might wait for the Iphone5 hardware is released though.

Yeah I was planning on waiting for the next Nexus (assuming it will be sold unlocked through Google) but I decided the $350 Nexus was too sweet of a deal to pass up.