What phone should I buy? (POLL)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPBoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SPBoss
Member since 2009 • 3746 Posts

There's so many good phones I don't know what to buy!

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

All are good phones.....I really like my Xperia TL and I hear the Z improves on everything so I say go for that one!

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

S4 is a beast really.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
depends on your needs. For me number of features such as removable battery, microSD card and the various software features of Galaxy lines are more important than Looks/feel and out of those galaxy S4 has the better camera ( though HTC has better video recording thanks to Ois)
MeltdownMedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MeltdownMedia
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
HTC ONE! I've always been an HTC fan I've found there phones to always be of high build quality. Never liked the Samsungs, too big. I keep a Nexus 7 for all my tablet gaming, and my HTC phone for my phoning and texting.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="MeltdownMedia"]HTC ONE! I've always been an HTC fan I've found there phones to always be of high build quality. Never liked the Samsungs, too big. I keep a Nexus 7 for all my tablet gaming, and my HTC phone for my phoning and texting.

the funny think is that galaxy s4 has a 5" screen and has the same footprint as the HTC one ( though to Htc one's credit it has those incredible front facing speakers )
HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Asus (but I do love my Nexus 7) out of the others though I'd say get whichever one you can get a better deal on. I have an S4 Active (the waterproof version) that I only paid $99 for through AT&T. They had a special online for 50% off smartphones. HTC One is just as capable as the S4 though and has a better quality finish, but the trade off is no removable battery and no expandable storage. I could live with the built in battery but not having a Micro SD slot was the deal breaker for me.
Los9090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#8 Los9090
Member since 2004 • 7288 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Galaxy or HTC. Now just figure out which phone fits your needs best
Arachnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Arachnos
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Xperia Z is waterproof so that's a plus. But I'd personally go with the s4 although it's a bit delicate.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Either the One or S4. These two are the best Android phones on the market.
truth310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 truth310
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I can tell you my answer cos i just bought one online for my father: (ULEFONE) U650. Android 4.2.2 + 1.5GHz MTK6589T Cortex-A7 Quad-core ARMv7 Processor + 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM 6.5" super large FHD 5-point-touch IPS capacitive screen + 1920 x 1080 pixels FHD screen resolution.I bought it after reading the descriptions about it ,a nice configuration ,uh?and my dad also thought that it has good user experience. www.tinydeal.com/ulefone-u650-px1p550-p-102756.html Although it is an unknown brand but smart phones always develop in a super high speed ,so i am not so generous to run after a more expensive branded one, cos soon it will be out-of-date..what's your opinion about this?
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I love my HTC One.  I definitely recommend it.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I got the Galaxy S4 last week and it amazes me each time I use it. So I think I'll suggest that. :)
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

I can tell you my answer cos i just bought one online for my father: (ULEFONE) U650. Android 4.2.2 + 1.5GHz MTK6589T Cortex-A7 Quad-core ARMv7 Processor + 2GB RAM + 32GB ROM 6.5" super large FHD 5-point-touch IPS capacitive screen + 1920 x 1080 pixels FHD screen resolution.I bought it after reading the descriptions about it ,a nice configuration ,uh?and my dad also thought that it has good user experience. www.tinydeal.com/ulefone-u650-px1p550-p-102756.html Although it is an unknown brand but smart phones always develop in a super high speed ,so i am not so generous to run after a more expensive branded one, cos soon it will be out-of-date..what's your opinion about this?truth310
The chipset may struggle with the full hd resolution, i read that its optimised for 720P. So i wouldnt really compare this device with anything that has the snapdragon 600 or s4 pro.

It seems good value for money but if they want something that performs more efficiently and responsively then i wouldnt get the one you suggested.

Dave_NBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dave_NBF
Member since 2005 • 1974 Posts

I was in the market a few months ago and had an iphone 4s and prior to that the Samsung Galaxy S.  With that, I will say that I have very few 'biases' as a result. I looked at both the S4 and the HTC One.  Once i held the HTC One I immediatel liked the feel of it better than the S4 (I am not even talking fit and finish).  It just felt better for me.  Obviosuly the fit and finish were better so that was just a nice bonus. 

Now the phone is just as fast as the S4 despite SLIGHTLY lower specs (clockspeed).  Often, it beats the S4 due to the bloatware on the S4.  The s4 has cool features but many are too novel for my taste.  I would have preferred the Camera applications and tricks of the S4.  However, at the end of it, the HTC One was the best phone for me.  You won't go wrong with either, but the HTC One is a QUALITY phone and it really shows.  HTC went all out and Samsung played it safe.  So my hard earned money went with HTC One.  I don't regret it for a second.  Best phone I have ever owned.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I got the Galaxy S4 last week and it amazes me each time I use it. So I think I'll suggest that. :) MonoSilver
Yep, love my S4 too. :)
pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

LG G2 out this week on AT&T and Verizon! I can't wait.

Ravenous_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ravenous_Joker
Member since 2013 • 297 Posts
Samsung Galaxy S4