What PC software does android use?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

I'm pre-ordering the Nexus 7 Tablet tomorrow and I just wondered what software andriod uses. I know iOS has iTunes and WP has Zune, but i've never known what andriod devices use...

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

You mean for music? Android has it's default player... not sure what it's called to be honest. There are also few good ones in the Android market. For a paid app, PowerAmp is pretty good. For a free one... well, I'm not so sure, I just use the default player which is actually ok for my purpose. I'm sure someone can recommend a good free one though.

Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

You mean for music? Android has it's default player... not sure what it's called to be honest. There are also few good ones in the Android market. For a paid app, PowerAmp is pretty good. For a free one... well, I'm not so sure, I just use the default player which is actually ok for my purpose. I'm sure someone can recommend a good free one though.

flipin_jackass

What I mean is how would I put music and videos onto my device from my PC, and how does my device sync content to my PC?

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
There probably is. I can't imagine there being isn't. Unfortunately, I don't know because I'm more of the drag-and-drop type. I'm anal with my organization that way.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Every android is different, samsung uses kies, sony use pc companion, HTC use htc sync, but like flipin i drag and drop.
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Its probably just easier to drag and drop your files. Plugging it in makes it act like if you put in a USB thumbdrive. Then just drop your music in the folder relevant.

Apple products are one of the few that *require* a companion software to do these basic tasks.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

just drag and drop

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I have a HTC phone that came with 'HTC Sync' but I've never had to use it for anything.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="flipin_jackass"]

Defy_The_Fallen

What I mean is how would I put music and videos onto my device from my PC, and how does my device sync content to my PC?

Drag and drop. syncing software is the worst thing ever made for portable devices.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#10 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

And you dont have to use a USB cable for drag and drop if you dont want to. AirDroid is a free software that lets you drag and drop anything onto your phone from your PC wirelessly. Obviously the transfer speed will depend on your internet speed I use it for transfering small files and USB connection for large data.