Time for the quarterly marketshare/making fun of microsoft thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Nielson released US marketshare for Q2 2012, and here it is

Q2-2012-US-Smartphone-manufacturers-shar

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MICROSOFT

Also celebrate, android camp. Last quarter was at 48%. For comparison, apple was sitting pretty at 34.3%

MisterG333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MisterG333
Member since 2007 • 741 Posts

Woo a majority!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#4 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
That graph is poorly done. Here's that same graph with actually representative boxes.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

*cough* System Wars *cough*

Anyways I still think there should be a Microsoft Windows Phone / RT Discussion board for when they launch in the coming months.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
Oh thank god,HTC is doingbetter than i thought they were.. Yippee Team HTC FTW
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 semianonymous

a bigger graph
musicalmac

Maybe I'm exhausted from a ridiculous day, but I don't really see how yours is any better

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#8 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Windows phone 7 and the nokia partnership has been handled so poorly it isnt even funny. They finally launch a phone that gets some attention the lumia 900 and then JUST 3 MONTHS later they announce the next version of windows and say that current phones wont be getting it. Who the f is gonna buy the lumia now?? How does one handle things so poorly?

And why didnt microsoft plan ahead with windows 8 so windows 7 phones get it as well? Wasnt windows 7 supposed to be a whole new start? Doing it all over again with windows 8 is just fail. Not even the least supported android phones have that short a life!!

Oh thank god,HTC is doingbetter than i thought they were.. Yippee Team HTC FTWmystic_knight
It's just US though last year they were leading the android pack so it isnt actually good news. It's only going to get worse now that samsung has power over carriers to not mess with their flagship and release one unified device for all carriers.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Oh thank god,HTC is doingbetter than i thought they were.. Yippee Team HTC FTWGambler_3
It's just US though last year they were leading the android pack so it isnt actually good news. It's only going to get worse now that samsung has power over carriers to not mess with their flagship and release one unified device for all carriers.

Dont get me wrong i know Samsung is taking over, i just expected HTC to have lost a lot more than what they did, but they are still in the game. So its a positive thing for me.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"][QUOTE="mystic_knight"]Oh thank god,HTC is doingbetter than i thought they were.. Yippee Team HTC FTWmystic_knight

Dont get me wrong i know Samsung is taking over, i just expected HTC to have lost a lot more than what they did, but they are still in the game. So its a positive thing for me.

Ofcourse they are and I hope they continue to be in the mix, the one series is great.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]a bigger graph
semianonymous

Maybe I'm exhausted from a ridiculous day, but I don't really see how yours is any better

I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing the self-proclaimed graph kings, Nielson. Someone else went back to it and made boxes that are representative of market share, which is why all android boxes and the Apple box grew a little bit, and all the others shrank into tiny bars. That represents how much marketshare they have. It's strange that Nielson would depict it with a graph like this, but not have appropriately sized boxes.

Just making for better perspective on the Android/iOS domination of mobile.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gambler_3

The BB box is just ridiculous for being 9%.:|

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 semianonymous

[QUOTE="semianonymous"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]a bigger graph
musicalmac

I'm not criticizing you, I'm criticizing the self-proclaimed graph kings, Nielson. Someone else went back to it and made boxes that are representative of market share, which is why all android boxes and the Apple box grew a little bit, and all the others shrank into tiny bars. That represents how much marketshare they have. It's strange that Nielson would depict it with a graph like this, but not have appropriately sized boxes.

Just making for better perspective on the Android/iOS domination of mobile.

I wasn't suggesting you were mocking me. I was literally staring at it, trying to figure out how it was better. Looking at it now, it makes sense

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
The funny thing is even after microsoft has done it's deal with Nokia, htc and Samsung still have more market share on windows phone. It really shows how few companies are actually doing well with Android. HTC and Samsung have almost 65% of the Android market. No wonder you don't see to many other droids around.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gambler_3

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/16/3162986/windows-phone-8-rumor-usb-mass-storage

This sounds promising.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
If windows phone 8 supports sd card or has at least 32gb storage and lets you put files on without software I'd consider one when I get a new phone.