This topic is locked from further discussion.

reuben161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 reuben161
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
this is a new kind of console gaming coming soon, it is a box about the same size of a hand and it comes with a controller. it will cost $99 (no official uk price yet) so what does it do? well it is very simple. it runs on andriod. once you have purchased this piece of equipment then you can play any games for free! (or purchase & download for a fee) games like ; dead trigger, shadowgun and canabalt and many more will be available upon its release. Ouya announced it has signed a deal with XBMC to provide a media player for the console. XBMC is an open source media player that will be fully integrated into the console. Also announced today is Ouya's partnership with TuneIn, the free service that lets people listen to music, sports and news via some 70,000 stations across 230 countries. And, because ouya is based on Android, any game or application that has been published to Android would be playable on ouya directly through their store. also partnered with NVIDIA to bring the best graphics. all/most games will be in full 1080p if you have any questions, please post here and i will answer them, or go to their website (www.ouya.tv) expected release will be march 2013!
Intense00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Intense00
Member since 2012 • 51 Posts

this is quit the wild card

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I have the limited kickstarter edition already paid for.
CraigNinten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CraigNinten
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Sorry if I am too late for the discussion, but I haven't heard a news for Ouya for nearly 3 months, and the latest article on the offical site is more than a month old. Which makes me worry about its fate, could anybody tell me what is going on?

I am wondering if it still around, you know, $99 for a media hub is a pretty cool idea.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

Sorry if I am too late for the discussion, but I haven't heard a news for Ouya for nearly 3 months, and the latest article on the offical site is more than a month old. Which makes me worry about its fate, could anybody tell me what is going on?

I am wondering if it still around, you know, $99 for a media hub is a pretty cool idea.

CraigNinten

I got an email on the 28/09 asking for my address for postal, the same date as the last blog update on their web page. That's only 3 weeks ago. Given it's still ~6 months until release, I don't think we need anything more frequent than that. If you do, you could follow them on Twitter for minor updates.

CraigNinten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CraigNinten
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

[QUOTE="CraigNinten"]

mjc

I got an email on the 28/09 asking for my address for postal, the same date as the last blog update on their web page. That's only 3 weeks ago. Given it's still ~6 months until release, I don't think we need anything more frequent than that. If you do, you could follow them on Twitter for minor updates.

oh, thanks for the update. I am just a bit worried as its quite insignificant compared to other platforms in development.