The first 64-bit Android tablet (kind-of)

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Meet the Teclast X98 3G, it is the first Android tablet to use Intel's 64-bit Bay Trail SoC. As Google has not yet released a 64-bit kernel, Intel has created their own 64-bit Android kernel which was completed earlier this year.

Specs:

• 9.7 inch 2048 x 1536 IPS display
  • Intel Bay Trail-T (Z37xxD) @ 1.83GHz
  • 2 GB DDR3L RAM
  • 32 GB eMMC
  • 3G, WiFi, WiDi, GPS, Bluetooth
  • 5 MP rear / 2 MP front camera
  • 8500 mAh battery
  • $209 USD (1299 CNY)

The design was most definitely inspired by a popular fruit product.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#2 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

That's gunna be a mess.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Pretty familiar.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

@Davidwilliam06 said:

Oh dear! This looks like a big iPhone doesn’t it? I do not understand Android’s sense of originality! Most Android devices actually look pretty lame and the main reason behind is obviously because they tend to copy everything else and really need to review their standards.

Thats a ridiculous statement.

And the Apple iPhone does not copy?
Blackberry didn't copy?

I cant think of how Windows phone copied so i find them fairly original, but they have no apps.

But still Look at HTC, pinoeers from the beginning, they were in smart phones well beyond the time of Apple, and till now are masters of design.
Lg's innovation with things like double tap the screen or the rear button layout.

Samsung despite copying in the beginning have now been much more innovative than Apple and likes have been, only to be in competition with other android vendors.

Samsung actually won innovator of the year in 2012, and in 2013 it was LG, so if anything they are far from copycats as you make android OEM's to be.

If you refer to chinese rip offs, then be more specific. In that case, the chinese vendors would not be all anyway, look at companies like Meizu or Oppo or Huawei. they made name for themselves from endless amounts of effort.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

Blackberry didn't copy?

I cant think of how Windows phone copied so i find them fairly original, but they have no apps.

But still Look at HTC, pinoeers from the beginning, they were in smart phones well beyond the time of Apple, and till now are masters of design.

Lg's innovation with things like double tap the screen or the rear button layout.

Samsung despite copying in the beginning have now been much more innovative than Apple and likes have been, only to be in competition with other android vendors.

Samsung actually won innovator of the year in 2012, and in 2013 it was LG, so if anything they are far from copycats as you make android OEM's to be.

If you refer to chinese rip offs, then be more specific. In that case, the chinese vendors would not be all anyway, look at companies like Meizu or Oppo or Huawei. they made name for themselves from endless amounts of effort.

The passing of time doesn't erase history.

It couldn't be more clear. It really cannot be more clear. Personal presumptions and unsupported anecdotal evidence mean less than nothing. You could give us a delicious pork recipe and it would be more meaningful, because at least then we'd get a delicious pork recipe.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mystic_knight

@musicalmac: Apple copying multitasking is a direct rip from HTC Sense 4.0 Which i even stated before the launch of ios 7
But it goes way before ios 7, how about ios 5 when notification was introduced and twitter/facebook integration took stand.

Even the metal chassis was originally on other android devices way before the iPhone 5

Even the palm lifedrive (released in 2005) looks like Apple took design ideas from.

Don't be so shallow to just look at one end of the spectrum. A wise person would look at this from all perspectives, not limit them to only one.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

@musicalmac: Apple copying multitasking is a direct rip from HTC Sense 4.0 Which i even stated before the launch of ios 7

But it goes way before ios 7, how about ios 5 when notification was introduced and twitter/facebook integration took stand.

Even the metal chassis was originally on other android devices way before the iPhone 5

Even the palm lifedrive (released in 2005) looks like Apple took design ideas from.

Don't be so shallow to just look at one end of the spectrum. A wise person would look at this from all perspectives, not limit them to only one.

Apple is responsible for more than you understand. 1993.

It's not about ignoring perspectives, it's about acknowledging historical truths. The passage of time does not change history. I don't know why, to gamers, Apple is such a pariah.

EDIT: Seriously, someone surprise me. I haven't been surprised by a factual revelation in this realm in a long, long time.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mystic_knight

@musicalmac: So you are saying this is what inspired smartphones today?

We went from people copying designs to something completely off topic.. You need to be consistent.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

@musicalmac: So you are saying this is what inspired smartphones today?

We went from people copying designs to something completely off topic.. You need to be consistent.

It's clear from my post that I was talking about the reality of Apple's influence on the industry. Without the iPhone, Google's foray into smartphones looks a lot more like Blackberry. I never said anything to the contrary, it was in fact you who decided to go in that direction.

On top of this, it's also Apple that revolutionized tablet computing. Without the iPad, there are no imitators.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mystic_knight

Um what. my whole post was about how apple have stolen ideas for design from other people, but your bias obstructs your view on them. I provided evidence to prove my points but you again choose to refute any evidence presented to you. Sometimes i think its a lost cause for you. The initial statement from david suggested most of what android does is imitate others.

I do not understand Android’s sense of originality! Most Android devices actually look pretty lame and the main reason behind is obviously because they tend to copy everything else and really need to review their standards.

I informed him how this wasn't the case as design awards have been going to android vendors the last couple of years.

Then you arrive with your picture which proves nothing really. Except that android decided to go to touch screen phones... the problem with your comment then was you never knew what androids origins were. You expected them to be a non touch keyboard only phone? You do crazy things to defend your apple phone but if someone shows you evidence that go against the iPhone you quickly jump onto something to defend it again. Sadly its not even related to what we were talking about.

And even then I provide evidence of designs prior to apple iPhone where the design looks more similar than most non Samsung android phones did in comparison to the iPhone and then you say I'm going in an off topic direction...

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

Um what. my whole post was about how apple have stolen ideas for design from other people, but your bias obstructs your view on them. I provided evidence to prove my points but you again choose to refute any evidence presented to you. Sometimes i think its a lost cause for you. The initial statement from david suggested most of what android does is imitate others.

I do not understand Android’s sense of originality! Most Android devices actually look pretty lame and the main reason behind is obviously because they tend to copy everything else and really need to review their standards.

I informed him how this wasn't the case as design awards have been going to android vendors the last couple of years.

Then you arrive with your picture which proves nothing really. Except that android decided to go to touch screen phones... the problem with your comment then was you never knew what androids origins were. You expected them to be a non touch keyboard only phone? You do crazy things to defend your apple phone but if someone shows you evidence that go against the iPhone you quickly jump onto something to defend it again. Sadly its not even related to what we were talking about.

And even then I provide evidence of designs prior to apple iPhone where the design looks more similar than most non Samsung android phones did in comparison to the iPhone and then you say I'm going in an off topic direction...

Without the iPhone's introduction, none of it matters. That's why it's such a "me, too" situation. It hasn't even been 10 years since the iPhone was announced, yet so many are prepared to dismiss its importance. To me, that is shallow.

None of this happens if Apple fails to introduce the iPhone. None of it.

On the day Jobs announced the iPhone, the director of the Android team, Andy Rubin, was six hundred miles away in Las Vegas, on his way to a meeting with one of the myriad handset makers and carriers that descend on the city for the Consumer Electronics Show. He reacted exactly as DeSalvo predicted. Rubin was so astonished by what Jobs was unveiling that, on his way to a meeting, he had his driver pull over so that he could finish watching the webcast.

“Holy crap,” he said to one of his colleagues in the car. “I guess we’re not going to ship that phone.”

Credit MacRumors (amongst many, many others)

Seriously, get with it. None of it happens if Apple doesn't make it happen.

EDIT: It's like Ford releases the first car, but Chrysler comes out with a very similar car, only it doesn't work quite as well and features flashy red car mats. Ford then puts blue car mats in their own vehicles and everybody loses their mind about how Ford is such a copycat.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mystic_knight

You are deluded.
apple is not the be all end all of creativity. Just because in your opinion they are pioneers. They didn't become one because of their own merit. which is what this was all about. you say android copy, well perhaps they did, but no less than apple, so get off the high horse matey. Apple are just as cowardly as android. if not more. at least android is open source they don't mind people using their ideas, but apple, they steal, modify and claim it as their own.. hooray for ingenuity. How you finding the quick toggles in command center? Pretty useful right? Yeah no shit it was a great idea, that originated from the competition.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

You are deluded.

apple is not the be all end all of creativity. Just because in your opinion they are pioneers. They didn't become one because of their own merit. which is what this was all about. you say android copy, well perhaps they did, but no less than apple, so get off the high horse matey. Apple are just as cowardly as android. if not more. at least android is open source they don't mind people using their ideas, but apple, they steal, modify and claim it as their own.. hooray for ingenuity. How you finding the quick toggles in command center? Pretty useful right? Yeah no shit it was a great idea, that originated from the competition.

It's clear that your issue is with Apple (the "Apple" you have constructed in your mind, independent of reality), not me.

I can't help you if you insist upon putting everyone on the same level. All things are not equal, that in itself is a delusional world-view. I cannot apathetically pretend the world is that easy to explain.

Without the iPhone's introduction, none of it matters.

On the day Jobs announced the iPhone, the director of the Android team, Andy Rubin, was six hundred miles away in Las Vegas, on his way to a meeting with one of the myriad handset makers and carriers that descend on the city for the Consumer Electronics Show. He reacted exactly as DeSalvo predicted. Rubin was so astonished by what Jobs was unveiling that, on his way to a meeting, he had his driver pull over so that he could finish watching the webcast.

“Holy crap,” he said to one of his colleagues in the car. “I guess we’re not going to ship that phone.”

Maybe if I post it enough, it will eventually sink in. This is reality. "Me, too."

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mystic_knight

I dont have a problem with apple at all. They do what all business do and utilise great ideas.
What i do have a problem with is the ridiculous fanboys here who defend their crown jewels blindly.

I look at things on an equal level Corporations progress by adapting to the ever changing world. its only natural people will change ideas to adapt. The small iPhone Steve Jobs wanted is becoming larger and larger. the iPhone 6 is potentially going to hit the 4.7" mark. Who started the big screen phones, the competition who is taking on that idea? Apple is. Why? Because that's what people want, because that's what sells.If apple went back and did a 3.5" phone do you know how much money they would lose? or if they stuck to the old iOS do you know how many fans would have been deterred.

I just dont understand how you can be so blind.. it really puzzles the crap out of me.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

I dont have a problem with apple at all. They do what all business do and utilise great ideas.

What i do have a problem with is the ridiculous fanboys here who defend their crown jewels blindly.

I look at things on an equal level Corporations progress by adapting to the ever changing world. its only natural people will change ideas to adapt. The small iPhone Steve Jobs wanted is becoming larger and larger. the iPhone 6 is potentially going to hit the 4.7" mark. Who started the big screen phones, the competition who is taking on that idea? Apple is. Why? Because that's what people want, because that's what sells.If apple went back and did a 3.5" phone do you know how much money they would lose? or if they stuck to the old iOS do you know how many fans would have been deterred.

I just dont understand how you can be so blind.. it really puzzles the crap out of me.

I think the issue is the way you approach the situation. I'm not defending Apple, I'm presenting the reality of the industry.

That reality is that Apple sparked the smartphone revolution and without the iPhone none of this stuff happens. That's not a defense, that's a truth. I'm not taking sides, I'm relaying facts. Things are not equal. Apple is not like Google or Samsung, Apple is unique.

Google was going to give you a Blackberry clone, but decided instead on an iPhone clone.

Has it sunk in yet? It doesn't matter how much you dislike this, it's still reality and will always be reality. I refuse to adopt the memory span of a goldfish.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mystic_knight

@musicalmac: You are unbelievably blind. Firstly google doesn't give me anything except for a platform. Secondly I was using smartphones way before you and your apple craze even began. Third, the Apple iPhone didn't start the smart phone craze because it wasn't considered a smartphone until iOS 4 when it was able to multitask. So history tells us that iPhone learned to adapt not create technology. Yes they may have revolutionised the modern day smartphone outlook but they never invented it nor did they be successful with their revolution. The only reason it ended up being a great smartphone, which it currently is, was because of the influence of platforms such as android and windows and palm. You give more credit to them than they are worth, and it frustrates me how shallow you think.

Edit: You cant even type on the iPad air properly here on safari or chrome. This is the your benchmark tablet failing at simple tasks. Android again is flawless at any web based applications and programs. simple pleasures such as typing on a forum make android worth it over iOS. Despite your unwarranted negativity towards NVIDIATI Windows tablets would make the most practical tablets, however windows tablets are not fully optimised for touch, in comparison to android and iOS yet.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

@musicalmac: You are unbelievably blind. Firstly google doesn't give me anything except for a platform. Secondly I was using smartphones way before you and your apple craze even began. Third, the Apple iPhone didn't start the smart phone craze because it wasn't considered a smartphone until iOS 4 when it was able to multitask. So history tells us that iPhone learned to adapt not create technology. Yes they may have revolutionised the modern day smartphone outlook but they never invented it nor did they be successful with their revolution. The only reason it ended up being a great smartphone, which it currently is, was because of the influence of platforms such as android and windows and palm. You give more credit to them than they are worth, and it frustrates me how shallow you think.

Edit: You cant even type on the iPad air properly here on safari or chrome. This is the your benchmark tablet failing at simple tasks. Android again is flawless at any web based applications and programs. simple pleasures such as typing on a forum make android worth it over iOS. Despite your unwarranted negativity towards NVIDIATI Windows tablets would make the most practical tablets, however windows tablets are not fully optimised for touch, in comparison to android and iOS yet.

I really don't think your opinions are rooted in reality. I truly don't think you know what you're talking about because it's so far removed from undeniable truths.

Your issues are clearly personal, with me and with Apple, which makes reasonable discussion difficult.

EDIT:

How have you not addressed this? How is it possible that you've managed to ignore it for this long in this thread?

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mystic_knight

Think whatever you want man. Clearly you have a narrow view and focus. You keep bringing that quote which seriously provides no cause to your efforts and you make it like a bible quote.

I have nothing against you as a person and i certainly don't have anything against apple..

What i do have a problem with is the blind fanboy side of you which clearly comes out to prove points you are so adamant about. Despite the information needing to be taken with a grain of salt. As a person there is nothing wrong with you... as an apple fanatic, there are lots of things wrong with you. The sad thing is despite all the evidence i provided you still think my thoughts are not rooted in reality.. You are oblivious to the world.

Apple despite me not liking the platform, does not mean I don't appreciate their technology, if its not for them, smart phones would not be where they are today... in saying that the same is to be said about android having influence and windows mobile having influence in todays markets too.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musicalmac  Moderator

@mystic_knight said:

Think whatever you want man. Clearly you have a narrow view and focus. You keep bringing that quote which seriously provides no cause to your efforts and you make it like a bible quote.

I have nothing against you as a person and i certainly don't have anything against apple..

What i do have a problem with is the blind fanboy side of you which clearly comes out to prove points you are so adamant about. Despite the information needing to be taken with a grain of salt. As a person there is nothing wrong with you... as an apple fanatic, there are lots of things wrong with you. The sad thing is despite all the evidence i provided you still think my thoughts are not rooted in reality.. You are oblivious to the world.

Apple despite me not liking the platform, does not mean I don't appreciate their technology, if its not for them, smart phones would not be where they are today... in saying that the same is to be said about android having influence and windows mobile having influence in todays markets too.

Finally. It's like pulling teeth to get something so simple. A couple other things --

- The iPhone was always a smartphone, it didn't finally get smartphone consideration at iOS4

- It's not because of android and Windows Phone that the iPhone is great, it's because of android and Windows Phone that the iPhone got blue floor mats -- the iPhone was always revolutionary

- The acknowledgement of historical facts (as unpopular as those might be) does not make someone a fanboy or fanatic

It's very easy relying on history to form opinions from a position of strength. I don't have a narrow view, I just don't agree to conform to a peace and love everybody is equal and all things are fair world view. Apple is responsible for the smartphone revolution. That quote, the one you don't think means anything, is evidence of how much of an effect the iPhone had on the industry.

If the director of the Android team, Andy Rubin, knew the impact -- how could it possibly be a mystery to you?

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mystic_knight

@Davidwilliam06: wow how pathetic. You just set the standard for most obnoxious and lack of intellect this board has seen.

At least when musical mac tries to argue he has credibility . But he never is as pathetic as the the display you put on.

I dislike his extreme fanboyism but he is a man who provides information with arguments. I may not see eye to eye with him but I still respect the guy. Your attitude gets no respect or has no significance in anyone's opinion.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@mystic_knight said:

Blackberry didn't copy?

The passing of time doesn't erase history.

It couldn't be more clear. It really cannot be more clear. Personal presumptions and unsupported anecdotal evidence mean less than nothing. You could give us a delicious pork recipe and it would be more meaningful, because at least then we'd get a delicious pork recipe.

Yeah Google really piss me off with their copying, why couldn't they make their phones spherical instead or triangular screens, maybe have the touch on the rear instead of the front and have simply a display on the front, would be much more original.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 musicalmac  Moderator

@JohnF111 said:

Yeah Google really piss me off with their copying, why couldn't they make their phones spherical instead or triangular screens, maybe have the touch on the rear instead of the front and have simply a display on the front, would be much more original.

This isn't going to go well for you.