Say what you like about Apple, at least you get your phone...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tixylixx
Member since 2011 • 312 Posts

Ordered a Nexus 4 back in November when they were in stock for a short time and still haven't got my phone lol. I thought great, I'll sell my GS2 and it'll almost pay for itself at that point..... what a mistake been living with a 3310 ever since.

Fu*king Google, at this point I'm just gonna cancel and wait for the GS4.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
That sucks, you sure the transaction went through properly...? I got mine 2-3 weeks after I ordered it during the 2nd time it became available (in Canada). Did you contact Google yet?
awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

Hes got a point. The phone is STILL sold out after all this time. Horrible, horrible launch yet again by Google. They've got to get their act together.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Tixylixx

Google are just saying I ordered it on Jan 2nd 2013..... when I didn't.

I just canceled it.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Still waiting for Nexus 10 to come in stock.

Google and Samsung are two of the largest and richest companies in the world, how can they mess this up quite so much?

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tixylixx

Google and Samsung are two of the largest and richest companies in the world, how can they mess this up quite so much?

kraken2109

LG make it not Samsung.

I love Samsung phones since the Galaxy Series, just going to wait it out for the GS4 now.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Tixylixx

LG make it not Samsung.

I love Samsung phones since the Galaxy Series, just going to wait it out for the GS4 now.

Nexus 10 is made by samsung. Nexus 4 is made by LG. I was talking about the 10, but my point works for the 4 too, LG are a large and rich company.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tixylixx

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

kraken2109

LG make it not Samsung.

Nexus 10 is made by samsung. Nexus 4 is made by LG. I was talking about the 10, but my point works for the 4 too, LG are a large and rich company.

Oh yeah sorry I read it Nexus 4 lol.

Tbh I think it was all very last second, wouldn't surprise me if these devices were rushed into production like a month before they announced them. I bet Google didn't even plan to launch until next year but saw an opportunityto strike and so they went early.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

Tixylixx

LG make it not Samsung.

Nice phones but I just wish Samsung would start using so better materials, the flimsy plastic in a $800 phone just kills it for me.
Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tixylixx

[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

imprezawrx500

LG make it not Samsung.

Nice phones but I just wish Samsung would start using so better materials, the flimsy plastic in a $800 phone just kills it for me.

I personally prefer plastic, it doesn't feel cheap, just something Apple want you to believe. I've had an iPhone 4 before I switched to Android and the metal dented and scratched, the glass back cracked from a single drop and it sucked. These so called premium materials suck for a phone, they're weak and brittle....

Where as the Galaxy S3 back cover is poly Carb, nice and strong, very bendy and soaks up a fall unlike glass or metal. The best thing as well is you don't need an ugly bulky cover to protect your phone, plastic doesn't damage so easily and because the rear cover is removable you can just buy a new one if it does get damaged for a tenner.

The funny thing is that plastic is no cheaper than the metal or glass..... just marketing and your body doesn't lose much heat to plastic, so when it is cold holding that metal feels very uncomfortable.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
It's been 3 months since the launch and they're still out of stock and I can't even place an order. Ridiculous.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kraken2109
It's been 3 months since the launch and they're still out of stock and I can't even place an order. Ridiculous. gmaster456
I just installed an app called nexus availability checker, it should notify me when the nexus i want is in stock. You should try it to save having to check so often.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#13 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

My "cheap plastic" nexus S is now 10 months old and still in GREAT shape without ever using a protector or cover of any sort.

when it is cold holding that metal feels very uncomfortable.

Tixylixx

And when the phone heats up its even more uncomfortable.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
[QUOTE="Tixylixx"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

imprezawrx500

LG make it not Samsung.

is not as bad as reviews make it to be. Sure i would like to have more aluminium even if it was 20-30gr heavier but the feel on GS3 is good and it certainly dont look and feel cheap ( though truth be told is a bit scratch prone but again not a real problem since you can replace the back cover )
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gambler_3

is not as bad as reviews make it to be. Sure i would like to have more aluminium even if it was 20-30gr heavier but the feel on GS3 is good and it certainly dont look and feel cheap ( though truth be told is a bit scratch prone but again not a real problem since you can replace the back cover ) adamosmaki
The scratches you get on plastic are nothing like what you get on a glass or aluminum back. Even metal gets more scratches.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]is not as bad as reviews make it to be. Sure i would like to have more aluminium even if it was 20-30gr heavier but the feel on GS3 is good and it certainly dont look and feel cheap ( though truth be told is a bit scratch prone but again not a real problem since you can replace the back cover ) Gambler_3

The scratches you get on plastic are nothing like what you get on a glass or aluminum back. Even metal gets more scratches.

I have a 2-3 year old phillips mp3 player, it's metal and feels very solid and well made. The back is covered in scrates though. My phone is used far more and made of rubbery plastic. It looks in much better condition.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="adamosmaki"]is not as bad as reviews make it to be. Sure i would like to have more aluminium even if it was 20-30gr heavier but the feel on GS3 is good and it certainly dont look and feel cheap ( though truth be told is a bit scratch prone but again not a real problem since you can replace the back cover ) kraken2109

I have a 2-3 year old phillips mp3 player, it's metal and feels very solid and well made. The back is covered in scrates though. My phone is used far more and made of rubbery plastic. It looks in much better condition.

Exactly.

The ONLY drawback of plastic is that it creaks. But for me the advantages over ride that. I dont think samsung puts plastic to "save costs" as some people think. A company that can spend multi-millions in advertising can surely afford whatever material they want to put on their flagship phones. Its a purely practical decision to use plastic.

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gmaster456
Just dropped $425 for an n4. Couldn't wait any longer. Yeah, I'm impatient
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gambler_3

Just dropped $425 for an n4. Couldn't wait any longer. Yeah, I'm impatientgmaster456
For the 16GB I hope?

gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gmaster456

[QUOTE="gmaster456"]Just dropped $425 for an n4. Couldn't wait any longer. Yeah, I'm impatientGambler_3

For the 16GB I hope?

The 16gb models were all well over $500. :( I already felt like puking for spending what I did. No way I would have spent another $100+ even for 16 gigs.

Tixylixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tixylixx

[QUOTE="kraken2109"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]The scratches you get on plastic are nothing like what you get on a glass or aluminum back. Even metal gets more scratches.

Gambler_3

Exactly.

The ONLY drawback of plastic is that it creaks. But for me the advantages over ride that. I dont think samsung puts plastic to "save costs" as some people think. A company that can spend multi-millions in advertising can surely afford whatever material they want to put on their flagship phones. Its a purely practical decision to use plastic.

Why Samsung have that thing poly carb back cover, it's tight to the phone so it doesn't creek. People think it is cheap tat but it is designed like that for a reason.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gambler_3

Why Samsung have that thing poly carb back cover, it's tight to the phone so it doesn't creek. People think it is cheap tat but it is designed like that for a reason.

Tixylixx

Ya poly carb doesnt creak I was talking about the previous devices using plastic.

fireiyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 fireiyt
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
i love Samsung phones too, really good. The only problem is that i upload the game of Temple Run ,and play no so smoothly ...do not know the reason.