Samsung down 60 percent, demand drastically low

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

Yet another year of consistently lower operating profits and demand for Samsung and their devices.

Ironically, and hilariously karma-filled, Samsung bled the most money in maintaining their highly expensive marketing budget, which included Apple-mudslinging campaigns as well as payments to bloggers and forum-goers to bash Apple devices and praise Samsung.

can't say I'm surprised at all. samsungs strategies were full of holes in the beginning, and you could really only go so far riding off another company's success and outright copying them.

Remember when android fans said Samsung will rise to new heights while Apple will fall? Well... Apple has careened to new heights with the iPhone 6, while Samsung has been engaged in a very satisfying free-fall. Serves that sleazy Korean company right

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@mister-man: Wait a second. How can I get paid by Samsung? I'm not cheap, but I can be bought... :D

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I don't think it's official, but it's likely worse than Samsung is warning investors. On top of that, Samsung is also facing a stiff legal battle with NVIDIA and may be faced with a sales ban of many of their more recent devices.

You reap what you sow.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Eh well it's for the best. I'm tired of seeing samsung everywhere. Here's hoping Lg or Motorola takes it's place, they're the closest to a pure android experience aside from the nexus phones.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

@Celsius765:

Unfortunately, it won't be american companies taking its place.

Samsung is getting triple-penetrated by two Chinese companies from the backside, and Apple by the front.

It's about time Apple killed off Samsung in the high end market

I just think its hilarious that Samsung can't even secure the low-end market

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Celsius765

@mister-man: yeah you're right. I'd say microsoft could but if how they handle xbox is any indicator it won't be them. Maybe some up and coming brands will

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

@mister-man: lol 3 anti android threads in a row, some people might think u have a anti android agenda.........

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Celsius765

@Yrkoon99: I doubt it but I admit he does come off as a zealot. While I do agree with some of the things he says but there's an easy remedy to all that buy a windows phone, a nexus phone, or a google edition phone that way you bypass all the carrier junk, skinned versions of android, and for once not worry so much about whether you'll get an update

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

Eh well it's for the best. I'm tired of seeing samsung everyone. Here's hoping Lg or Motorola takes it's place, they're the closest to a pure android experience aside from the nexus phones.

I moved to LG in my last upgrade, I'm sick of seeing Samsung everywhere. Gotta admit the design quality of their phones is the worst of all the flagship android devices

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Celsius765

@thehig1 said:

@Celsius765 said:

Eh well it's for the best. I'm tired of seeing samsung everywhere. Here's hoping Lg or Motorola takes it's place, they're the closest to a pure android experience aside from the nexus phones.

I moved to LG in my last upgrade, I'm sick of seeing Samsung everywhere. Gotta admit the design quality of their phones is the worst of all the flagship android devices

how does it handle compared to a samsung phone

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thehig1

@Celsius765 said:

@thehig1 said:

@Celsius765 said:

how does it handle compared to a samsung phone

I've got the new LG G3, it handles great I like LG's software better than Samsung too, seems to be less Bloatware and some of the stock LG apps I actually use. Like LG fitness.

The phones selling point is that screen, its incredible to look at.

Only slight downsides are battery life isnt great due to that screen its powering, and every now and then you get a little bit of lag while browsing, I assume this will be fixed with an update.

Funny enough its updating to the latest software now.

Anyway I'd recommend its the best phone I've ever owned.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicalmac  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

I've got the new LG G3, it handles great I like LG's software better than Samsung too, seems to be less Bloatware and some of the stock LG apps I actually use. Like LG fitness.

Only slight downsides are battery life isnt great due to that screen its powering, and every now and then you get a little bit of lag while browsing, I assume this will be fixed with an update.

That UI lag is something I'd imagine you'll see in most 801 based phablet devices, and potentially in some 805 based phablets, too. Too many pixels for its own good.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By thehig1

@musicalmac said:

@thehig1 said:

That UI lag is something I'd imagine you'll see in most 801 based phablet devices, and potentially in some 805 based phablets, too. Too many pixels for its own good.

Yeah they may have gone overkill with the screen, it has improved on last update though.

The battery life is pretty bad though because of that Mega Screen, found a larger 4200 mAh battery to replace stock battery to hopefully increase its battery life

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

Yeah they may have gone overkill with the screen, it has improved on last update though.

The battery life is pretty bad though because of that Mega Screen, found a larger 4200 mAh battery to replace stock battery to hopefully increase its battery life

Wow, the thing must weigh a ton. Balance is important in mobile devices.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thehig1

@musicalmac: funny enough weight is not an issue, the phone is very light considering its 5.5 inch screen. Its much lighter and smaller than my old Note 2.

The new 4200 mAh battery is the same physical size as the stock one, so it shouldn't add any weight to the phone.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 musicalmac  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

@musicalmac: funny enough weight is not an issue, the phone is very light considering its 5.5 inch screen. Its much lighter and smaller than my old Note 2.

The new 4200 mAh battery is the same physical size as the stock one, so it shouldn't add any weight to the phone.

Well that's good, I didn't realize how great a light phone was until I upgraded from the 4s to the 6.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thehig1

@musicalmac: Although the case I have on my phone weighs a ton haha. I also find a big re-enforced shock proof case as I drop my phone quite a bit.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 musicalmac  Moderator

@thehig1 said:

@musicalmac: Although the case I have on my phone weighs a ton haha. I also find a big re-enforced shock proof case as I drop my phone quite a bit.

Yeah I still don't have a case for my 6, it seems like a crime to cover it up... But I should probably get one eventually. It'll have to be a special one. Luckily, there are hundreds of options already. :P

Just need to protect the corners, really.