Practical to use a Samsung Galaxy as my music player?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Heyo, I'm sick of having both a "dumb" phone and a rather bulky MP3 player in my pockets.

Want to consolidate them both into one so I'm finally getting a smartphone.

Question is, is the Galaxy S3 practical as an MP3 player? Is the sound good, can it organise by genre/track/artist/album, make playlists, do a random shuffle, etc? Is the battery life ok, or does it drain quickly while playing music? How does the phone work while I'm listening to music, will the music cut out if someone rings or will it play over the music (or not ring at all :P)?

I've read lots of reviews but they're all very general and no one really mentions the music capabilities specifically.

Thanks for your help :)

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

well it's android so there's plenty of options when it comes to music playing software.

However it will drain your battery faster, not sure how much on that phone though. I'd assume it will stop music when you get called etc

semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

The DAC in the S3 (and the note 2, for that matter) is well above standard quality. The s3 would be a perfectly competent music player, and battery shouldn't be an issue.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Brilliant, thanks guys :)
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts
actually galaxy s3 has a Wolfson audio chip which is one of the best around Battery life is good so you dont have to worry. The default music player of GS3 is great and among the best with lot of options including equalizer and other audio effects Also there is an option for folder view so if you are like me and you arrange your mp3's on folders its a great option to have Other options include music auto off ( which you can set the timer any duration you want ) and music player also display lyrics and you can even adjust play speed ( anywhere from 0,5x to 2x )