NEWS: LG Optimus G pictures and specs [56k]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

LG Optimus G pictures revealed.

This flagship will be using Qualcomm's new hardware.

*NOTE: This is pre-production hardware*

LG's Optimus G 'superphone' apparently caught on camera,LG's Optimus G 'superphone' apparently caught on camera,

A breakdown of the specs:

Quadcore Krait 1.5Ghz CPU
Adreno 320 GPU
2GB LPDDR2 RAM
4.7 inch display 1280x768
13-megapixel camera

Although it says OpenGL ES 2.0, Adreno 320 does have support for OpenGL ES 3.0 and it will likely be loaded on the production model.

While it may not beat out the new Cortex A15 and Mali-T6xx combo, this hardware would make the Optimus G more powerful than any phone currently on the market.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
I read it on engadget yesterday, was surprised.. :P i think i may just buy an LG, i heard lg have their sights on the new nexus phone too, colour me interested.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
I'm always skeptical about LG phones. For me, the battery life will make or break it
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#4 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

The LG optimus 2X is still on gingerbread......also LG has no hardware technological edge on the competition so there really is no point in buying an LG phone at all unless you really wanna shoot yourself in the foot.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts
When I hear LG Optimus I still think of that rinky dink free Sprint phone I had awhile back.
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I'm still rockin' my LG 2X. By rockin', I mean brick-like.
Dark_Knight6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark_Knight6
Member since 2006 • 16619 Posts

The LG optimus 2X is still on gingerbread......also LG has no hardware technological edge on the competition so there really is no point in buying an LG phone at all unless you really wanna shoot yourself in the foot.

Gambler_3

I just got rid of my G2X and it has convinced me that I never want anything to do with LG again. It wasn't a bad phone, but it was clear they rushed it to the market so they could pat themselves on the back for releasing the first phone using a dual core processor. The phone was laggy, stuttery, and probably won't get ICS because LG wants to forget it exists.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NVIDIATI

Official pictures / specs of the LG Optimus G:

LG Optimus G revealed 15GHz quadcore CPU, ICS, LTE, 47inch screen with incell touch

The phone will be using LG's new 4.7inch in-cell touch display, 1280x768 IPS LCD.

Other specs include Qualcomm's Snapdragon's S4 Pro, 2GB LPDDR2 RAM, 13mega-pixel camera, Android ICS, 2100mAh battery and it will be 8mm thick.

Release is next month in South Korea, the rest of the world will follow.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#9 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
That's a pretty phone. Glad we're getting in-cell tech now, too. Thinner, lighter, more efficient.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NVIDIATI

That's a pretty phone.musicalmac
Similar in many ways to the LG Prada 3 design.

lg prada 3 PRADA phone by LG 3.0

Overall I think this makes a pretty good flagship for LG, defiantly a better option than the Galaxy S3. The performance of this phone will be another highlight. Until Samsung launches the Exynos 5, the S4 Pro will likely remain unrivalled. Even the Adreno 320 GPU isn't far off from Texus Instrument's PowerVR SGX 543MP4 (found in the new iPad), but unlike the SGX 5xx, Adreno 3xx has support for OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1, etc. So expect to see some great visuals for gaming.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#11 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Overall I think this makes a pretty good flagship for LG, defiantly a better option than the Galaxy S3. The performance of this phone will be another highlight. Until Samsung launches the Exynos 5, the S4 Pro will likely remain unrivalled. Even the Adreno 320 GPU isn't far off from Texus Instrument's PowerVR SGX 543MP4 (found in the new iPad), but unlike the SGX 5xx, Adreno 3xx has support for OpenGL ES 3.0, OpenCL 1.1, etc. So expect to see some great visuals for gaming.

NVIDIATI
It is Prada-esque, but I like the lack of bezel and all the smooth black on it. It's framed well. How is LG with OS updates? That's what I'd probably focus on most.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

musicalmac

It is Prada-esque, but I like the lack of bezel and all the smooth black on it. It's framed well. How is LG with OS updates? That's what I'd probably focus on most.

WORST COMPANY EVER WITH UPDATES!! They havent updated a single phone to ICS yet. This is why I say why bother hyping an LG phone?? It's not like others are not going to have same tech as well, I bet the next nexus will kill it and it's not that far away. LG was the first to bring a dual core phone to the world and that phone is enjoying gingerbread right now. Companies like LG bring bad goodwill to android ecosystem they should just stick to supplying technology to other companies as they are really good at that.

And I heard this phone will be launching with ICS not jelly bean, another epic fail for a flagship.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mystic_knight
:P Root it its always better with custom firmware, my mates galaxy s2 runs miles ahead of most other galaxy s2 with his jelly bean rom. I am actually considering this phone. If we get it end of september, early octoberthats a good 2 months before the nexus line, i would be happy with that.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gambler_3

:P Root it its always better with custom firmware, my mates galaxy s2 runs miles ahead of most other galaxy s2 with his jelly bean rom. I am actually considering this phone. If we get it end of september, early octoberthats a good 2 months before the nexus line, i would be happy with that.mystic_knight
No it's not!! Have fun with the reboots and missing features!:P

You dont need custom firmware to overclock btw, custom kernels are where the performance enhancements are which can be run on stock rom. Jelly bean is in itself much faster than ICS so that could also be why the S2 is running faster than stock.;)

Lastly LG drivers are not open source hence there is no stable ICS rom for the optimus 2X so I'll stay far away from an LG phone....

Seriously custom firmware is a sorry excuse for anything. Most of my friends who run custom firmware also run into random app incompatibilities where a really popular app doesnt run, devs dont and cant test apps on custom roms.

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mystic_knight

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]:P Root it its always better with custom firmware, my mates galaxy s2 runs miles ahead of most other galaxy s2 with his jelly bean rom. I am actually considering this phone. If we get it end of september, early octoberthats a good 2 months before the nexus line, i would be happy with that.Gambler_3

You dont need custom firmware to overclock btw, custom kernels are where the performance enhancements are which can be run on stock rom. Jelly bean is in itself much faster than ICS so that could also be why the S2 is running faster than stock.;)

Lastly LG drivers are not open source hence there is no stable ICS rom for the optimus 2X so I'll stay far away from an LG phone....

Seriously custom firmware is a sorry excuse for anything. Most of my friends who run custom firmware also run into random app incompatibilities where a really popular app doesnt run, devs dont and cant test apps on custom roms.

I have had no issues with any of my custom roms. i know i don't need to have custom FW to overclock, and overclocking isn't why i would root it anyway. The system always performs better than stock, it always has for every phone me and my mate ever got. ;) Devs can be smarter than corporations you know.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="mystic_knight"]:P Root it its always better with custom firmware, my mates galaxy s2 runs miles ahead of most other galaxy s2 with his jelly bean rom. I am actually considering this phone. If we get it end of september, early octoberthats a good 2 months before the nexus line, i would be happy with that.mystic_knight

I have had no issues with any of my custom roms. i know i don't need to have custom FW to overclock, and overclocking isn't why i would root it anyway. The system always performs better than stock, it always has for every phone me and my mate ever got. ;) Devs can be smarter than corporations you know.

Better stability and app compatibility >>>> performance. My friend had a desire HD he could not for the life of him get a stable ICS rom. Once he did land on one wheres my water decides to not run on it. Problems problems problems you have to dedicate alot of time and lots of trail and error to find the right things.

And maybe it is true for sense and touchwiz phones that stock is slower but certainly not for nexus phones. ;)

There are lots of benchmarks at xda which show how efficient and competitive the stock google rom is for performance against custom roms. I am running custom kernel with stock rom on my nexus S, a combination that was declared by a tester to be the fastest. Custom roms are only for added features on nexus phones whereas for HTC and samsung phones removing bloatware is one of the purposes so there is a difference here I suppose.

Besides custom firmware is only really worth it if its build with official sources that are only available once the phone actually gets the official release....