MS more interesting than Apple!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

It has begun! Since they have announced a bunch of new features for Windows 10, they are getting a lot of praises by iOS and Android developers. Windows 10 is also winning a lot of hearts of iPhone and Android users with Continuum! Plus, the true innovation is HoloLens! It seems like Apple only cared about being the first ever PC Fashion company than innovating computer technology, and Microsoft has beaten them to the punch!

1. Continuum for phones, can be a huge game changer for those on the go and BYOD
  2. Android and iOS App easy porting to Windows 10 store
  3. HoloLens maybe the future for productivity

There's a lot of stuff to list, but I'm just so excited for Microsoft's future in the mobile space.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Mister-Man
Member since 2014 • 616 Posts

What's so exciting about a feature that iOS and OSX have already benefitted from for six years already? On top of that, we even have a feature called "continuity" that's nowhere to be found on Windows 10.

Saying iOS and Android apps will be easily ported on windows phones is like saying Windows and Android apps will be easily ported to iOS. Oh wait. They already are. On that note, how do you feel about Windows entire productivity suite being more polished and rated higher on iOS than on their own platform?

HoloLens is admittedly interesting, buuuut, Apple let Google and Microsoft have years of a headstart on many things before for a reason. Apples about to jack them up on this front too. Enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, Microsoft more interesting than Apple? HAHAHH... That was a great joke

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

What's so exciting about a feature that iOS and OSX have already benefitted from for six years already? On top of that, we even have a feature called "continuity" that's nowhere to be found on Windows 10.

Saying iOS and Android apps will be easily ported on windows phones is like saying Windows and Android apps will be easily ported to iOS. Oh wait. They already are. On that note, how do you feel about Windows entire productivity suite being more polished and rated higher on iOS than on their own platform?

HoloLens is admittedly interesting, buuuut, Apple let Google and Microsoft have years of a headstart on many things before for a reason. Apples about to jack them up on this front too. Enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, Microsoft more interesting than Apple? HAHAHH... That was a great joke

Continuity is not the same as Continuum, plus Continuity sucks! Continuum converts a mobile OS to a desktop. You're becoming more of a joke everyday with your complete closed mindedness

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man: I didn't say continuity is the same as continuum, I said "on TOP of already being able to do what Continuum does, we also have continuity."

How does continuity suck? It works the way it's supposed to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man: on TOP of already being able to do what Continuum does, we also have continuity

If i plug an iphone into a monitor it will display a desktop interface and run desktop versions of apps?

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mister-Man

You can plug the iPhone or iPad into any HDMI supported monitor or television via cable or wireless stream, you can even use the iPad and an iPhone as a 2nd and 3rd screen for your laptop or desktop. You can any productivity software or games this way and paired with any number of input devices. This has been possible for over half a decade now, but its nice to see MS is about to make inroads in this department.

Your pushing for desktop application use is pretty null in this day and age. The modern day businessman and student is fully capable of accomplishing tasks using tablets and even their pocket sized smartphones. You don't need to run desktop applications to accomplish everything now. Productivity has become more "productive" in the mobile space, leaving heavy crunching to the niche specialties like 3D rendering and other such extremely resource-intensive tasks, which I highly doubt you'd even be able to do efficiently with a surface.

The surface is such a niche product. Everything MS is doing with it is a desperate attempt to catch up and differentiate itself from Google and Apple, and it shows with their inconsistent and seemingly random evolution of the Surface itself. So far, ever since the first surface came out, it's all been "wait until this comes out," or "wait until that arrives," and "wait until this happens." Meanwhile, the iPad hasn't had to wait for anything to enjoy its dominant success. It's already the go-to device for anything productivity-related and has been since forever. The Surface only became profitable recently, and even then, its profit-measured success is a teeny tiny drop in the bucket compared to the profits the iPad has been raking in, and the same goes for user awareness and preference. 98% of all respectable businesses relying on iPads isn't a number to scoff at. That's what MS is facing in trying to compete with the iPad. It just isn't happening, irregardless of whatever feature they're adding late in the game as a response to Apples already established features.

You live in an Apple world now. It's hilarious because since 2007 everyone and most likely including you have been swearing left right front and center that Apple would never take off with the iPhone, iPad or watch. You're probably even thinking they'll never do well in the VR and Automobile space either. Meanwhile, Google Glass was a hilarious joke and a good source of internet meme's and never saw acceptance in the tech community, and HoloLens so far is unproven and will have MS fighting an uphill battle convincing the masses of its utility for gaming and computer UI's. Not to mention, they both were ugly as hell. Fandroids. They never learn

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

So no, it can't. Thanks for clearing that up.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man TL;DR

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mister-Man

Yep. MS sure is interesting. That failed Zune. The ailing xbox one. The several failed windows version that even its own fans abhorred. The backseat they've taken in a majority of hardware and software markets. "Interesting" is definitely the best descriptor here, because "innovation" certainly isn't. Hahahh...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

Yep. MS sure is interesting. That failed Zune. The ailing xbox one. The several failed windows version that even its own fans abhorred. The backseat they've taken in a majority of hardware and software markets. "Interesting" is definitely the best descriptor here, because "innovation" certainly isn't. Hahahh...

And which company save Apple from doom before the iPod?

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mister-Man

The instance you're referring to predates all the MS failures I've referenced, literally by decades. Not only that, but the kind of "saving" you're imagining isn't at all what I bet you're thinking. I don't blame you though, you probably were too young to remember clearly what went down.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/stop-the-lies-the-day-that-microsoft-saved-apple/

Promising MS office development for five additional years and then investing in a company as a result of a lost lawsuit isn't exactly "saving." hahahh

Apple was the underdog several decades ago, but now is THE most interesting company in the world. On top of that, the most VALUABLE company in the world, with only one or two years before becoming the first trillion dollar company.

http://fortune.com/2015/02/10/apple-the-first-700-billion-company/

The world is clamoring over Apple and even the possibility of what other markets they might enter. MS is by far the most boring company. Even Google is much more exciting than them at this point

Microsoft aspires to be like Apple. Hardly interesting at all, being a follower

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man: So you don't know who saved apple....or you're in complete denial

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man: The only denial I'm in is the denial of your sanity when you claim crazy things like MS being more interesting than Apple. I speak from data-backed facts while you seemingly always just resort to opinion.

It's so easy to research things before opening your mouth, which I see you constantly fail to do, so allow me to do it for you. Just five minutes is all I'll need

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mister-Man

Oh looky what I found. Fortune actually has a list of the worlds most admired companies.

http://fortune.com/worlds-most-admired-companies/

Apple held the number one spot for the past eight years. Again, Apple won the top spot of the worlds most admired companies eight years in a row, with an average market score of 8.29. Even their revenues reflect this, as they now sit on 700 billion dollars and maintain profits that no other company in the world makes. Unsurprisingly, Google maintained its 2nd position with a score average of 8.25.

Where was Microsoft in the same list? Number 20!! Hahhaah! Even Amazon, Starbucks and Disney Land were far ahead of MS in terms of consumer interest and admiration! That's just so BAD. No one cares about MS!

Let me grab some popcorn so I can watch how you squirm and wiggle your way around facts.... This has been too ripe.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man: The only denial I'm in is the denial of your sanity when you claim crazy things like MS being more interesting than Apple. I speak from data-backed facts while you seemingly always just resort to opinion.

It's so easy to research things before opening your mouth, which I see you constantly fail to do, so allow me to do it for you. Just five minutes is all I'll need

Just how you keep ignoring how Microsoft ended up saving Apple, without deciding to absorb them? Or the fact that Businesses and their IT firms have already written off the iPad as the worst BYOD product to own? Another fact of how limited fuction their apps on the appstore is compared to full x86 Desktop apps? You speak like every company threw away their windows desktops for iPads, when this topic is merely about Windows 10 and the new innovation that will save the BYOD plans with Windows Phone for smaller businesses. Instead, you keep rattling sales and pointless data and brag how apple is so great and MS useless.

I got news for you buddy, I used to work at one of the biggest IT distributions consultant firms, Insight Inc, as a material handler in their warehouses and just witness Time Warner Cable cancelling all their orders of iPad Airs for their tech installers due to having issues with the software they're providing. Instead, they went with the Pro 3 and with AT&T's hotspot devices due to their poor software from the App store.

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Mister-Man

@FireEmblem_Man: Hahah that's a whole lot of yap for being unable to cope with reality, spoken like a true butthurt individual.

98% of american business and 92% of global business runs on iPad. The surface is somewhere in the other 2-8%. Established fact. Whether your "opinion" likes it or not, whether or not you want to talk about what happened in the 1990's, the truth remains, the surface hasn't gained any headway other than "finally" being profitable after years of profit-bleed, and still at just the tiniest fraction of current iPad sales at its worst.

I love the ownage you are experiencing. Your sobbing vitalizes me

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FireEmblem_Man

@mister-man said:

@FireEmblem_Man: Hahah that's a whole lot of yap for being unable to cope with reality, spoken like a true butthurt individual.

98% of american business and 92% of global business runs on iPad. The surface is somewhere in the other 2-8%. Established fact. Whether your "opinion" likes it or not, whether or not you want to talk about what happened in the 1990's, the truth remains, the surface hasn't gained any headway other than "finally" being profitable after years of profit-bleed, and still at just the tiniest fraction of current iPad sales at its worst.

I love the ownage you are experiencing. Your sobbing vitalizes me

Butthurt about what? You live in a fantasy world that Apple didn't need saving back at 1998? You still keep spouting numbers that have no meaning, from your "reliable" source, I have been saying how MS is more interesting than Apple when it comes to productivity, as apple is too much focusing on being a Fashion statement over improving peoples lives when it comes to everyday work!

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mister-Man

MS being more interesting is a subjective statement based on opinion.

Apple being majorly supported by enterprise and industry due to statistical data that concludes 98% of all top 500 businesses and 92% of all top global 500 businesses align with iOS, therefore making them the preferred productivity platform where it matters is an objective statement based on facts.

If you do not recognize the prestige and esteem of Forbes and Business Insider and the data they've been producing for wall street and business analaysts for the past six decades, then you have no merit yourself and probably should stop talking. It would be like saying ANANDTech is an unreliable, small-time and unprofessional platform for technological analysis, and their extensive laboratories used to tear down and study hardware and software is inadequate and doesn't count.

My "reliable" source is actually more than just reliable. It's industry standard data.

Does it taste good? :)

Mister-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mister-Man

"Apple's single iPhone product line is insanely more profitable than Microsoft, Windows, the Xbox, the Zune, and everything else that company sells combined. Let that sink in a little."

Hahhaahhh