This topic is locked from further discussion.

eagle63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 eagle63
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts

i got the new ipod 5th gen a couple of days ago and after playing with it,i can safely say if you like ipods,this is the one to get.

the good side

: 4"retina display (colors seem more vibrant and bright and of course a little wider.words are easier to read compared to

the 4th gen)

: apple a5 chip (a dual core proccessor that is alot faster than the single core 4th gen.games and apps are more

responsive, no lag,freezing or crashing at all so far).

: 5 megapixel isight camera with 1080 hd video recording (while not as good as the iphone five,its loads better than the

4th gen ipod).

: sirri (quite useful and fun to play with).

:comes loaded with ios6,(downloading my settings,music,apps,ect was a breeze and didnt need a pc to do it).

:very sleek,thin and light.comes in several diffrent colors.

the downside

:a bit expensive starting at 295$ especialy when the ipad minni start price is only 35$ more when it comes out.

:it only comes in 32 and 64 gb.

:sirri only works near wifi hotspots,but they are pretty much everywhere nowdays unless you live deep in the sticks

:easy to drop if you arent carful.comes with a wriststrap,but i dont like wriststraps.

:maps app is still screwed.

:new connections force you to buy adapters for accessories.

those gripes aside,i really like mine.the new ipod is basicly an iphone 4s without the phone and monthley bill.

are any of you guys planning on getting one?if you already own it,what do you think about it?

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

I really want to get my wife one to replace her 4th gen iPod Touch, but it's a shame there isn't a 16GB option for $229.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
The new connector... :lol: