iOS Still Holds Significant Lead in Developer Interest

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

(reference)

For every 10 apps that developers build, roughly 7 are for iOS. While Google made some gains in Q1 2012, edging up to over 30% for the first time in a year, we believe this is largely due to seasonality, as Apple traditionally experiences a spike in developer support leading up to the holiday season. Apples business has more observable seasonality...

At the end of the day, developers run businesses, and businesses seek out markets where revenue opportunities are highest and the cost of building and distributing is lowest. In short, Android delivers less gain and more pain than iOS, which we believe is the key reason 7 out of every 10 apps built in the new economy are for iOS instead of Android.Flurry

Reliable and thorough MacRumors.com also points out the following that relates directly to developer interest (and helps validate the source of the data):

Most notably, seven months after the launch of Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, Google's own data reveals that only 7.1% of Android phones are running the latest operating system, a number in line with that observed by Flurry. In contrast, iOS 5 is reported to be installed on 75-80% of active devices as measured from a sample of downloads from the popular Audiobooks application.MacRumors

This is what I feel to be iOS' greatest strengths, and is a direct result of a graph I posted long ago regarding how much developers make on Apple's App Store vs other platforms mobile application markets.

Pretty telling numbers. Keep paying for apps, my friends, it will improve your end-user experience!

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

I take it this is in response to Gambler's blatant attack on Apple regarding the S III preorders :P

Now do you see how much better these types of threads would be in System Wars? You know the place where fanboys go to battle it out.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicalmac  Moderator

I take it this is in response to Gambler's blatant attack on Apple regarding the S III preorders :P

Now do you see how much better these types of threads would be in System Wars? You know the place where fanboys go to battle it out.

NVIDIATI
lol, no, it just happened to be published today. I thought it was a good example of why paying for apps is a good thing.
deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deleteduser198
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

This is most likely why iOS gets all the great exclusives, in terms of games and even apps.

Also explains why 3DS and Vita are doing horribly

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Yes but the problem is android is just to big now for devs to ignore it. But pretty much any app is on android now.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
Yes but the problem is android is just to big now for devs to ignore it. But pretty much any app is on android now. imprezawrx500
Nope. And the arbitrary "size" of Android is unimportant of developers don't receive a good return on their investment. Those numbers are current and very real.
applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts
I mean, i'm not a developer of anything, but it seems like it would be easier no? Plus there is more money to be made on the App Store since most apps cost. But I mean, you pretty much just make sure that your app can run on iOS 5. That pretty much means it works on all iPod Touches, iPhones and iPads that can be bought on the market today. With Android, you have to make sure your app works on thousands of various phones, let alone tablets.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
Android OS updates are brutally slow to roll out to smartphones. Heck,Key Lime Pie might be out before ICS even surpasses gingerbread.
Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts

im eligible for a new phone. if i want to portable game and talk should i get iphone then?? hmmm its a tough battle i face. any suggestions. i used to have ipod with like 15 games. but whens iphone 5 coming? ya by that chart i should get iphone 4s lol

Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
i gots iphone 4s for the giggles. lol. but anyhooo hafun too :P
blanewarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blanewarlock
Member since 2012 • 34 Posts
We all know that for sheer number of QUALITY apps, iOS is where things go. They may port some over to Android, but the funtionality (and stability) is not quite the same. Fragmentation ruins Android. Once iOS develops customizability of a "home screen", Android may just roll over and die. hahaha
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 musicalmac  Moderator
Here's another recently released report that's directly related to app quality.

But not all apps are created equally. Delving deeper into the retention and user metrics, iPhone and iPad users are 52% more loyal to their apps than Android users. A healthy 35% of Apple iOS users launched an app more than 10 times after downloading, compared to 23% of Android users. The average Android app also suffers from 24% one-time usage rate compared to just 21% one-time usage rate for iPhone and iPad, Ruby reports. iPhones far greater app retention rates is also an echo of the 94% retention rate of iPhone itself compared to 47% for Android (Piper Jaffray).Localytics

Developers don't ignore this kind of stuff unless they don't like to profit from their time and effort.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
I think that may have to do with the recognition of the ios as now a gaming device. But i have to admit the app store does have better games,although i can't see myself playing with touch screen contrls too often, as i said before the best game i ever found on a mobile was the WP7 Dodonpachi Maximum, they really need to release that version on ios and android, the current iOS one is so bad compared to the WP version.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]Yes but the problem is android is just to big now for devs to ignore it. But pretty much any app is on android now. musicalmac
Nope. And the arbitrary "size" of Android is unimportant of developers don't receive a good return on their investment. Those numbers are current and very real.

The problem is Android is getting bigger and bigger and at its current rate will so have well over half the market and many of those phones are highend ones such as the s3 and one x, no matter how many people buy your apps if you aren't selling it to 70% of the market you are seriously limiting your sales. Would Adobe only develop for Apple these days? no way, the same is going to happen in the mobile market and there is an app for everything on android anyway. Apple's big problem is wp8 and endless money from ms to make sure it gets a decent user base. The only way Apple is challenging android phones these days is through constant law suits (which the lawyers are now getting sick of) Android is where all the innovation is happening and wp7 is also better than ios in every way besides apps. ios is just copying now and it has by far the worse ui of the three mobile os. If Android updates were released on all phones within a few weeks Apple would be in big trouble and they should be scared if MS buys Nokia or starts making their own phones.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#15 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Here's another recently released report that's directly related to app quality.

[quote="Localytics"] But not all apps are created equally. Delving deeper into the retention and user metrics, iPhone and iPad users are 52% more loyal to their apps than Android users. A healthy 35% of Apple iOS users launched an app more than 10 times after downloading, compared to 23% of Android users. The average Android app also suffers from 24% one-time usage rate compared to just 21% one-time usage rate for iPhone and iPad, Ruby reports. iPhones far greater app retention rates is also an echo of the 94% retention rate of iPhone itself compared to 47% for Android (Piper Jaffray).musicalmac

Developers don't ignore this kind of stuff unless they don't like to profit from their time and effort.

Does iOS has personalisation section on the app store? Do you realise those sort of apps are the ones where you are going to try lots of different ones before you settle on what "looks" best? Do you realise low end android phones have a very limited amount of storage to install apps and that people have to manage what to keep and what to uninstall?

Do you now realise how much all that skews the results?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 musicalmac  Moderator
The problem is Android is getting bigger and bigger and at its current rate will so have well over half the market and many of those phones are highend ones such as the s3 and one x, no matter how many people buy your apps if you aren't selling it to 70% of the market you are seriously limiting your sales. Would Adobe only develop for Apple these days? no way, the same is going to happen in the mobile market and there is an app for everything on android anyway. Apple's big problem is wp8 and endless money from ms to make sure it gets a decent user base. The only way Apple is challenging android phones these days is through constant law suits (which the lawyers are now getting sick of) Android is where all the innovation is happening and wp7 is also better than ios in every way besides apps. ios is just copying now and it has by far the worse ui of the three mobile os. If Android updates were released on all phones within a few weeks Apple would be in big trouble and they should be scared if MS buys Nokia or starts making their own phones. imprezawrx500
Those are your perceptions and are in no way based in anything concrete. Android has more to fear from WP7 than Apple does, statistics citing end-user satisfaction between iOS and Android devices will back up my point here.

Do you now realise how much all that skews the results?

Gambler_3
Do you?
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gambler_3

They may port some over to Android, but the funtionality (and stability) is not quite the same.blanewarlock
You correct with stability but dead wrong with functionality. Android apps have much more permissions than an app can ever have on iOS. The facebook and twitter apps integrate themselves into the OS you dont even have to wait for official firmware support for integration. Basically any app can integrate itself with the OS if it wants to. It's not just changing homescreens that makes android so versatile its what devs are allowed to do with apps. I can change my default dialer, keyboard, sms app, browser, music player, video player anything!!!

And someone who hasnt used android has no idea just how much dev support the personalisation and customization aspect of android has it's just amazing. I didnt like the default google music player no problem there are some amazing music players on the android market. I got myself poweramp which is like the best music player ever on a phone the amount of hard work went into making it shows the second you start using it.

People talk about gaming support indicative of general dev support for a platform which is not true at all, there is so much more to a smartphone than games.

Those are your perceptions and are in no way based in anything concrete. Android has more to fear from WP7 than Apple does, statistics citing end-user satisfaction between iOS and Android devices will back up my point here.musicalmac
But WP8 is giving you a unified system so it's likely to attract those who like unification. And thats where microsoft continues to lose the plot in their smartphone strategy you cant just beat iOS at it's own strengths it's got too much of a head-start.

Do you?musicalmac

Yup.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

Do you?Gambler_3

Yup.

Your evidence is overwhelming. This isn't up for debate, Apple has the best developer support by the numbers and by the quality of the apps on the store, and by all the analysts numbers. This just is.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="musicalmac"]

Do you?musicalmac

Yup.

Your evidence is overwhelming. This isn't up for debate, Apple has the best developer support by the numbers and by the quality of the apps on the store, and by all the analysts numbers. This just is.

You just couldnt deal with my analysis which destroyed the conclusion you were trying to make from that report. :lol:

The report isnt wrong it's just that the comparison cant be done like that because android has vastly more versatile selection of apps available and a certain portion of users who frequently have to uninstall apps to create space for something else.

What is "quality" of an app? Apps can do 10x more on android than what they are allowed on iOS. Thats quality for me and quality of the OS. This just is!!!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 musicalmac  Moderator

You just couldnt deal with my analysis which destroyed the conclusion you were trying to make from that report. :lol:

The report isnt wrong it's just that the comparison cant be done like that because android has vastly more versatile selection of apps available and a certain portion of users who frequently have to uninstall apps to create space for something else.

What is "quality" of an app? Apps can do 10x more on android than what they are allowed on iOS. Thats quality for me and quality of the OS. This just is!!!

Gambler_3
No intelligent developer would base their practices on what you perceive to be a good quality app. They'll follow the money. You're point of view is too selfish to be worth sharing.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

No intelligent developer would base their practices on what you perceive to be a good quality app. They'll follow the money. You're point of view is too selfish to be worth sharing.

Booo booo nothing you guys say is stopping the app growth on android. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the non-gaming apps and support for them.

And while gaming is second best it is pretty damn good in it's own right, I only need a smartphone to kill time not to take it in my basement. PC/PS3/Xbox serve that purpose very well. I have such a huge backlog of quality games on my phone it almost seems pointless to me that iOS has more games.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musicalmac  Moderator

Booo booo nothing you guys say is stopping the app growth on android. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the quality of the non-gaming apps and support for them.

And while gaming is second best it is pretty damn good in it's own right, I only need a smartphone to kill time not to take it in my basement. PC/PS3/Xbox serve that purpose very well. I have such a huge backlog of quality games on my phone it almost seems pointless to me that iOS has more games.

Gambler_3
Once again you're purely focused on yourself, which makes all of this pretty useless to anyone but yourself. And who is "you guys"? The hundreds of millions of people with iOS devices? :?

What do you hope to accomplish? It's always best to think about what the purpose of your points are before you make them.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

Once again you're purely focused on yourself, which makes all of this pretty useless to anyone but yourself. And who is "you guys"? The hundreds of millions of people with iOS devices? :?

What do you hope to accomplish? It's always best to think about what the purpose of your points are before you make them.

What are you even trying to say? When buying a smartphone you think about other people not yourself? :?

And no you people really means you in particular and kid-atari who constantly bring up some random articles about android dev complains and how android is doomed when no such thing can be seen in real life where android and it's apps continue to grow.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 musicalmac  Moderator

What are you even trying to say? When buying a smartphone you think about other people not yourself? :?

And no you people really means you in particular and kid-atari who constantly bring up some random articles about android dev complains and how android is doomed when no such thing can be seen in real life where android and it's apps continue to grow.

Gambler_3
I'm bringing relevant facts and information to a place in which discussion about those facts is appropriate. No information from a cited source I've posted so far is debatable. That is how it is. The problem is you decide to make it personal and talk about things only relevant to yourself. Perhaps you just don't understand how to reasonably converse on a level past your own self-centered viewpoint.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 imprezawrx500
If ios is so strong why is it Apple can hardly go a month without taking either htc or samsung to court trying to stop their phones being sold for so called patent infringements? Apple has copied just as much from Android as Android has copied from ios.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DroidPhysX
If ios is so strong why is it Apple can hardly go a month without taking either htc or samsung to court trying to stop their phones being sold for so called patent infringements? Apple has copied just as much from Android as Android has copied from ios. imprezawrx500
You want to crush your competition by any (legal) means possible.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DroidPhysX
Also, only 10% of Android owners are running ICS and Jellybean is already announced. This is ontop of the fact that 60%+ of owners are still running 2 year old gingerbread. No wonder more devs go to iOS.
deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deleteduser198

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

Gambler_3

You can't dispute hard evidence brandished by solid market analysis, and so like a little boy you clasp your ears saying "neener neener! I can't hear you I can't hear you!" Not a good look. Gaming on an Android is not second best. Particularly when it's a pretty rare that you'll find someone else to play multiplayer with. I believe the 3DS or PSP take second best, with Android a distant third.
deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deleteduser198
If ios is so strong why is it Apple can hardly go a month without taking either htc or samsung to court trying to stop their phones being sold for so called patent infringements? Apple has copied just as much from Android as Android has copied from ios. imprezawrx500
Probably the same reason Microsoft did what they did to be considered the first software monopoly, or the same reason Google messes with its search algorithms to better serve itself and impede competition: To stay ahead. Yet ironically, these are legitimate patents that are legitimately holding up in legitimate court hearings producing legitimate results. Must mean something.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gambler_3

I believe the 3DS or PSP take second bestKid-Atari
Haha so you really thing iOS is superior to PSP and DS?? The only reason iOS is more popular is because it's cheaper. Yes toyota corolla is more popular than ferrari how shocking!!!

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 musicalmac  Moderator

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"]I believe the 3DS or PSP take second bestGambler_3

Haha so you really thing iOS is superior to PSP and DS?? The only reason iOS is more popular is because it's cheaper. Yes toyota corolla is more popular than ferrari how shocking!!!

lol, this is enormously amusing.
NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"]I believe the 3DS or PSP take second bestmusicalmac

It could be even more amusing if it was posted here...

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29220202/the-official-android-vs-ios-thread-56k

ie. In System Wars...

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

[QUOTE="Kid-Atari"]I believe the 3DS or PSP take second bestmusicalmac

Wake me up when iOS users are willing to pay $20+ for games and there is a convenient way to play with real buttons.

I dont bother with PSP for 2 reasons,

1. I dont want to carry a separate device other than my phone

2. The games are too damn expensive

It is utterly foolish to suggest that smartphones provide a superior gaming experience.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="musicalmac"][QUOTE="Gambler_3"]Haha so you really thing iOS is superior to PSP and DS?? The only reason iOS is more popular is because it's cheaper. Yes toyota corolla is more popular than ferrari how shocking!!!

Gambler_3

Wake me up when iOS users are willing to pay $20+ for games and there is a convenient way to play with real buttons.

I dont bother with PSP for 2 reasons,

1. I dont want to carry a separate device other than my phone

2. The games are too damn expensive

It is utterly foolish to suggest that smartphones provide a superior gaming experience.

So true, buttons always win, but phone games don't cost me almost as much as a pc game and I found psp to big to want to take it everywhere. You can get games to work with touch screens but they will never be as good as pc or console games even if the phone has 5x as much power as x360.
awptical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 awptical
Member since 2003 • 844 Posts

I agree with the above. Neither iOS or Android come anywhere close to being able to provide the games PSP has to offer. The best games we get are what, Inifinity Blade, Nova 3 and crap like that? PSP VIta gets REAL console titles where Android and iOS gets some dumbed down mobile wanna be copies. The comparison is laughable. As for Kid Atari's comments about not able to find players for MP on Android, all I have to say is the games I play MP for I have no issue whatsoever finding players when I ever decide to. Which I admit is pretty rare considering smartphone games can only hold my attention for about 10 minutes at a time theyre so bad. The graphics are here but unfortuntely all the mechanics, gameplay elements, etc are no where to be found.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 musicalmac  Moderator
Really went off on a quick tangent... This thread is about more than games.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

So what app can you get on ios that you can't on android? You don't really need that many apps either. You can find a android equivalent for everything besides maybe a few old games.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 musicalmac  Moderator
So what app can you get on ios that you can't on android? You don't really need that many apps either. You can find a android equivalent for everything besides maybe a few old games. imprezawrx500
The number of equivalent iOS/Android apps has increased, but it's still not comparable to Apple's offerings, especially in the realm of universal quality and compatibility across all devices. To believe otherwise is to willingly live in a fantasy world.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gambler_3

Let the widescreen iphone come you all gonna see that too much unification can be such a bad thing as the ecosystem will simply be caught unprepared. Apple has always kept the same aspect ratio and quadrupled the resolution to make it a non-issue. Neither is an option now with the next iphone unless ofcourse they want to pull off another 3.5" screen phone.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 musicalmac  Moderator

Let the widescreen iphone come you all gonna see that too much unification can be such a bad thing as the ecosystem will simply be caught unprepared. Apple has always kept the same aspect ratio and quadrupled the resolution to make it a non-issue. Neither is an option now with the next iphone unless ofcourse they want to pull off another 3.5" screen phone.

Gambler_3
iOS developers are not concerned. It's still Apple's well-controlled and supported ecosystem.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

iOS developers are not concerned. It's still Apple's well-controlled and supported ecosystem.

You obviously did not even read your own link.

"a number of developers who said that they trust Apple will not make it more complicated to design applications for a number of different iPhone screen sizes."

"Ken Soto, CEO of Massive Damage Inc., which makes iOS games like Please Stay Calm (iTunes link), told Ogg he doesn't think Apple would introduce a new aspect ratio, as that would require developers to redesign their application's user interface."

If apple doesnt change the aspect ratio you either have a small screen or an uncomfortably wide phone. There is no magical solution here!! For a large screen phone 16:9 is the only ratio which makes sense, if apple doesnt adopt it then clearly the unification is holding back progress which is pretty sad if you ask me.

A 4" phone with 3:2 aspect ratio is going to be wider than something like the galaxy S2. That obviously wont go well with alot of people that like the iphone for it's one handed friendliness.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 musicalmac  Moderator

"a number of developers who said that they trust Apple will not make it more complicated to design applications for a number of different iPhone screen sizes."

"Ken Soto, CEO of Massive Damage Inc., which makes iOS games like Please Stay Calm (iTunes link), told Ogg he doesn't think Apple would introduce a new aspect ratio, as that would require developers to redesign their application's user interface."

If apple doesnt change the aspect ratio you either have a small screen or an uncomfortably wide phone. There is no magical solution here!! For a large screen phone 16:9 is the only ratio which makes sense, if apple doesnt adopt it then clearly the unification is holding back progress which is pretty sad if you ask me.

A 4" phone with 3:2 aspect ratio is going to be wider than something like the galaxy S2. That obviously wont go well with alot of people that like the iphone for it's one handed friendliness.

Gambler_3
It won't be a major problem if Apple changes the aspect ratio. It's not as if they would change everything, and then supply no tools to aid developers. Doesn't change the fact that Apple has the most developer support, and that it is the primary platform for developers to utilize in the mobile space. I know you don't like it, but that's just the way things are. There isn't any debate to have over it.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

It won't be a major problem if Apple changes the aspect ratio. It's not as if they would change everything, and then supply no tools to aid developers. Doesn't change the fact that Apple has the most developer support, and that it is the primary platform for developers to utilize in the mobile space. I know you don't like it, but that's just the way things are. There isn't any debate to have over it.

But for some time alot of apps will be incompatible with the new iphone, that'll be pretty interesting to see about the worlds most unified smartphone OS. ;)

Primary platform \\=\\ best platform. Consoles are the primary platform for most games yet PC provides better experience. Ya sure you get a bad port here and there but for most games PC is the way to go. Similarly with android the punny little iphone screen is no match for most high end android screens and hence you get a better gaming experience with 95% of the games. The likes of GTA3 and max payne feel a bit cramped on a 4" screen let alone a 3.5" screen.

Android tablets lack support so far and are really no match for ipad in tablet optimized apps. But phones are a different story I dont know of a SINGLE app that is incompatible with galaxy S2 and galaxy nexus.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 musicalmac  Moderator

But for some time alot of apps will be incompatible with the new iphone, that'll be pretty interesting to see about the worlds most unified smartphone OS. ;)

Primary platform \\=\\ best platform. Consoles are the primary platform for most games yet PC provides better experience. Ya sure you get a bad port here and there but for most games PC is the way to go. Similarly with android the punny little iphone screen is no match for most high end android screens and hence you get a better gaming experience with 95% of the games. The likes of GTA3 and max payne feel a bit cramped on a 4" screen let alone a 3.5" screen.

Android tablets lack support so far and are really no match for ipad in tablet optimized apps. But phones are a different story I dont know of a SINGLE app that is incompatible with galaxy S2 and galaxy nexus.

Gambler_3
What are you even going on about? Every time I see another one of your posts I just am left almost without words. You are a caricature.

iOS holds a significant lead with developer interest, because they can make money to support themselves and their work more easily on iOS. This isn't debatable. This is just interesting news.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Gambler_3

[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

musicalmac

What are you even going on about? Every time I see another one of your posts I just am left almost without words. You are a caricature.

iOS holds a significant lead with developer interest, because they can make money to support themselves and their work more easily on iOS. This isn't debatable. This is just interesting news.

So what are those significant apps that are not on android? Because if you cant show that then all your claims about developer interest blah blah is completely irrelevant.

And what I was saying above is that better developer support does not always mean better experience when there are inherent limitations in the hardware.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 musicalmac  Moderator

So what are those significant apps that are not on android? Because if you cant show that then all your claims about developer interest blah blah is completely irrelevant.

And what I was saying above is that better developer support does not always mean better experience when there are inherent limitations in the hardware.

Gambler_3
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="Gambler_3"]

exactly here is all talk with no facts. There is nothing an iphone does better than a highend Droid from the last couple of years. Android has an app for everything.
deleteduser198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deleteduser198

Gambler_3

"Claims?" These aren't claims. They're facts backed by solid evidence that were conveniently provided to you. However, you refuting empirical data backed up by just you saying "I don't see it," THAT'S a claim. One that you can't back up other than using "self-experience" as your anchor. facepalm
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gambler_3

"Claims?" These aren't claims. They're facts backed by solid evidence that were conveniently provided to you. However, you refuting empirical data backed up by just you saying "I don't see it," THAT'S a claim. One that you can't back up other than using "self-experience" as your anchor. facepalmKid-Atari
What I mean is that it does not matter what devs think if it's not having a noticeably detrimental effect.