iOS Gaming is GREAT

#1 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

78 games listed with love by MacWorld. Read it, download, profit with fun.

We've collected the 78 most essential, must-play gaming apps for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, from puzzles to roleplaying games. With reviews, videos and download links, read on for the 78 best games ever released for iOS.

Credit MacWorld

I've played a lot of these, but found some surprises inside. Awesome article for any gamer with an iDevice.

Mega linkage

Such goodness in that link.

#2 Edited by Davidwilliam06 (109 posts) -

Hi! Thanks for posting this amazing listing, it literally holds all the best on iOS and contains links and videos for a complete idea of what the games are really about. I even go to discover various titles through this chart and among these are Walking Mars, Letterpress and Mirror’s Edge. I have really been into these amazing games lately and there are several more to try! Keep posting!

#3 Posted by ElenaGibson (11 posts) -

Thanks, really useful information

#4 Posted by Mister-Man (55 posts) -

Man... I don't know why I didn't own an iPhone earlier. I'm a little overwhelmed with the game selection in the app-store right now, it's nothing like what's on Android. So far, I've managed to get Infinity Blade, I have a feeling I'm going to get the other two sequels when I'm done. Real Racing runs brilliantly for this 4S being as old as it is. Just got really excited for the iPhone 6, I think the bigger screen and increased horsepower will blow me away all over again.

I just read an article about "Metal," the supposed replacement for OpenGL. If this comes out at the same time I upgrade, I'm going to be very very pleased.

That game list you posted is very useful. Thanks MusicalMac

#5 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

@mister-man: My pleasure. Check out Undercroft and QuizUp, too. Knights of Pen and Paper is also a lot of fun. Those are the games I've been playing a lot (along with King of Fighters i-2012 and Street Fighter 4 Volt).

#6 Posted by BananaCop (12 posts) -

iOS really is an awesome platform for gaming, and it sucks that more people don't realize it. I think there are some amazing games out there. That was a really great list too, I have many already, but I will definitely search out more of those now that you posted it! Infinity Blade is a lot of fun. As is Asphalt 8.

#7 Posted by swmming_man (7 posts) -

Wow, you are so strong. The games you listed are really good. Thanks for your information.

#8 Edited by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

It gets better.

BIOSHOCK COMING TO IOS

The game will support iPhone 5 and up, so A6 and greater. Which means that shortly after release, it will support EVERY iPhone and iPad released in the past three years. I think that's darn impressive.

The game supports also supports Apple's controller standard so it will even play like the Bioshock you know and love.

#9 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8706 posts) -

Meh.... I was bored of that game when it came out, plus its looks a lot uglier than the 360 version

#10 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

Meh.... I was bored of that game when it came out, plus its looks a lot uglier than the 360 version

Nobody cares about what you think of an iOS game. You don't even have an iPhone. ;)

The comments on TouchArcade lead me to believe there are plenty of folks out there who are pumped to play this again on the go.

#11 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8706 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Nobody cares about what you think of an iOS game. You don't even have an iPhone. ;)

The comments on TouchArcade lead me to believe there are plenty of folks out there who are pumped to play this again on the go.

Enjoy it if its what you want, while the majority agree that they love playing Kim Kardashian's game more ;-)

#12 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

Another great bit of monthly goodness from TouchArcade -- Best iPhone and iPad Games of July 2014

Tons more in the link -- and remember this is JUST JULY.

Bunches more in the link. I'm interested in Fates Forever, because I've discovered that MOBAs work really well on touch screen devices. I've played a heck of a lot of Heroes of Order and Chaos --

So much good stuff. Again, with the exception of the very old game I ended with, these are all just July releases...

#13 Posted by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Enjoy it if its what you want, while the majority agree that they love playing Kim Kardashian's game more ;-)

lol... I think that game is on target to generate nearly 100 million dollars.

#14 Posted by lawlzitsjen (10 posts) -

Of course IOS gaming is great… it's what we do on the subway… in class…. during class….. in the waiting room ETC.

I usually go on google or GamerU.com for tips like for angry birds… and candy crush!

#15 Edited by musicalmac (22971 posts) -

I cannot recommend this next one enough -- Deep Loot

I have played the daylights out of this.

#16 Edited by BurnYourSoul (8 posts) -

Really good games, thanks for your information

#17 Edited by SmartCat85 (8 posts) -

Damn, i hope Irrational Games and 2K will also port Bioshock on Android. I don't care if it takes a long time to wait that to happen. I mean, with Tegra K1, i believe even Bioshock Infinite will be able to play on that device, even in high graphics 10 Must Have Mobile Games for Your Android or iOS Device

#19 Edited by StevenBaker (10 posts) -

The list of games from iPhone are really great, I love to play new games in mobile. By name the games are quite interesting, today only I must download the games and play most of the games listed here. Thanks for sharing these information.