How to turn off airdrop in iOS7?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts
I'm trying to find ways to save some battery life as iOS7 sucks it dry and have read disabling airdrop helps. But everywhere I look, it says the way to stop it is through the control center. Swipe up, hold down on the icon, and disable. What the hell are they talking about? There is NO airdrop icon anywhere in sight. I can find nothing about it in general settings either. Is this feature specific to 5 and up? I have a 4S.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

AirDrop is not available on the iPhone 4 or 4S, only iPhone 5 and above. 

What kind of battery life are you getting? I'm using a 4S at the moment (until my shiny gold 5s shows up!) and I haven't noticed any difference since updating to iOS7. 

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17655 Posts

AirDrop is not available on the iPhone 4 or 4S, only iPhone 5 and above. 

What kind of battery life are you getting? I'm using a 4S at the moment (until my shiny gold 5s shows up!) and I haven't noticed any difference since updating to iOS7. 

mjc
I havtn't timed it but it seems to drain a lot faster than it did. Does the radio do this? Google maps sucks battery life in no time flat, but this was true with 6 as well. Also, if I'm using the radio with no Wii-if it says that additional charges may apply. Do you know how much? Depends on my plan I guess? Thanks for the response.
mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts
Hmmm not sure about iTunes Radio as we didn't get it here in Australia, sorry.