how hideous is the blue Galaxy S3 in real life?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
It looks soooo ugly in pics, like purple almost. I really want to get an S3, but the color options suck. White? no thanks. Blue? not if it looks like THAT. anyone own the blue version? maybe it's not so bad in real life, normal lighting conditions??
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
[QUOTE="nero_rules"]It looks soooo ugly in pics, like purple almost. I really want to get an S3, but the color options suck. White? no thanks. Blue? not if it looks like THAT. anyone own the blue version? maybe it's not so bad in real life, normal lighting conditions??

Galaxy s 3 is the ugliest phone in pictures but in real life its actually a really nice looking phone. and it feels very solid. but the photo's never do it justice.
killblade37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killblade37
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

[QUOTE="nero_rules"]It looks soooo ugly in pics, like purple almost. I really want to get an S3, but the color options suck. White? no thanks. Blue? not if it looks like THAT. anyone own the blue version? maybe it's not so bad in real life, normal lighting conditions??mystic_knight
Galaxy s 3 is the ugliest phone in pictures but in real life its actually a really nice looking phone. and it feels very solid. but the photo's never do it justice.

This. I have the white one but I have to admit the blue one in person looks amazing.

megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
I have the blue one and it looks awesome in person. The finish of the polycarbonate battery cover has this really nifty effect where it makes it look like a stone finish.
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

It makes little kids cry because it is so ugly. :cry:

Well, actually, they aren't bad in the white varieties, but I wouldn't get a blue one.

TonyDanzaFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TonyDanzaFan
Member since 2010 • 2973 Posts
I agree that the GS3 looks HORRIBLE in photos. It really looks like an ugly POS. But in person, it is actually pretty nice. I wouldn't say One X nice, but definitely not like the original Galaxy S line and all the other super glossy phones. I have the blue one, because the white seemed pretty pale to me. It didn't look pure white like the one X. The blue is really beautiful. It almost looks metallic-y blue. Anybody who says it is purple needs to get their eyes examined. This is not a phone that you can go by with pictures, you have to play with it in real life. I personally think the blue is significantly better than the white, and I like that they went with blue instead of black.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
I've got the white model and honestly believe it's the best looking colour. The blue really is quite hideous.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#8 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

I think blue looks better because I just generally like darker colors more on gadgets. Also since it has an OLED screen the pitch blacks blend in much better on darker bezel.

Overall I dont find either version to be a good looking phone however it's certainly not "hideous" either.

Amster_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 Amster_G
Member since 2009 • 4329 Posts

I suggest you walk into a local electronics shop and check it out.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's an amazing phone in person, I would go into a shop and check out the colors in RL.

I wanted a White one and I was opposed to blue, but when I was in the shop and I had a choice, I went with the pebble blue. It's much nicer in person.

The real reason why I got the phone though, of course, was performance color be damned. The darker the better just due to stains imo.

Also, rumored Black is on the way.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts

At my AT&T store when I was picking out my S3, they had all the Colors lined up next to each other. Red, white, and blue. The red is probably the ugliest phone I have ever seen, the blue isn't too bad, but still ugly, and the white one looks very nice. I went with the white one, and I love this phone and color, and I've gotten plenty of compliments on it. Get the white one.

Twisted14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Twisted14
Member since 2007 • 3497 Posts
I've never seen it in person but I've seen it in pictures and I think it looks nice in blue. Didn't realise people thought it was ugly. Looks good to me and I prefer it over the white.