Help I may have a virus on my android phone!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Garysafc25
Member since 2012 • 142 Posts

Hey guys on my android phone I tried to download the secret video recorder pro app on an internet website without paying. Its about £6 to buy on the store and I wanted to see if it worked before I purchased and not lost my cash. I know its a stupid thing to do but I may have a virus or worse. After installing the app and just ran the app I got this message on my android phone saying anti piracy sending data to law enforcement.... before i knew it all my data has gone on my phone all messages pictures and downloads gone. Just wandered if anyone knows if this is a virus or a real message from the anti piracy law enforcement guys saying i'm in trouble. I know it was a stupid thing to do and after seeing all that I have learnt my lesson and will in future buy anything I need from the playstore. Need some replys here guys.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Pretty sure it's just a virus
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
No such agency called Anti Piracy Law enforcement. It's just a virus. Now Timmy. What have we learned?.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

lol first time on the internet?

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Garysafc25

Cheers guys I really hope it was a virus. I have since done a factory restore and downloaded a virus protector on my phone. It's the first and last time I try and get an app on internet sites from google would you believe. So glad I never has credit card information saved on my mobile too.

Garysafc25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Garysafc25

Right guys I was worrying about what this app is i downloaded and wanted to know if it was a virus or not. I redownloaded the app and this message comes up after trying to run the app.....TEAM ANTI PIRACY!! ALL FILES ON YOUR SD CARD ARE DELETED!.....TEAM ANTI PIRACY!! YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION HAS BEEN SENT TO LAW ENFOECRMENT DATABASES WORLDWIDE!......so basically that whole message comes up and yeah it does delete everything as it happend last time. However this time i had a antivirus and malware protection installed called LOOKOUT. But nothing was detected and said everything is clean.

This is the webside I got the app off just wandered if anyone has seen that message before or if this site has a bad reputation

https://netload.in/index.php?id=10&file_id=atNHRhc0Uk&s=QFve0GBPP2&captcha=1

any help or advise would be great

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Don't install things that aren't from google play unless you know what you're doing.

You don't.

mulac2910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mulac2910
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts
TEAM ANTI PIRACY, UNITE!!!
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Don't install things that aren't from google play unless you know what you're doing.

You don't.

kraken2109
that and to my knowledge antivirus on android arent really that useful. As long as you download from google play android is more than safe enough to do without an antivirus
fireiyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fireiyt
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts
This is what i always do.my phone always safe~~~~
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#11 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

You don't.

kraken2109

Exactly.

simha123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 simha123
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
can any one please help How to recover the data lost by this virus..???
ginowage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ginowage
hi..i did the exact same thing..and the same thing happened to me..all my files are gone T_T.. but the strange thing is that all my applications.(80+) that are moved to the sd card are working.. how has ur phone been since this happened to you??
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

can any one please help How to recover the data lost by this virus..???simha123

If you didn't back it up, then you really can't. People should have figured out by now that smart phones should be handled the same as computers.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="simha123"]can any one please help How to recover the data lost by this virus..???Blueresident87

If you didn't back it up, then you really can't. People should have figured out by now that smart phones should be handled the same as computers.

Agreed.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
Gee... I wonder why TC got a virus. :?:roll::P>_>
bestkid2341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bestkid2341
Decompiled it, its only scam message! Dont worry
tomraza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tomraza

Hey guys on my android phone I tried to download the secret video recorder pro app on an internet website without paying. Its about £6 to buy on the store and I wanted to see if it worked before I purchased and not lost my cash. I know its a stupid thing to do but I may have a virus or worse. After installing the app and just ran the app I got this message on my android phone saying anti piracy sending data to law enforcement.... before i knew it all my data has gone on my phone all messages pictures and downloads gone. Just wandered if anyone knows if this is a virus or a real message from the anti piracy law enforcement guys saying i'm in trouble. I know it was a stupid thing to do and after seeing all that I have learnt my lesson and will in future buy anything I need from the playstore. Need some replys here guys.

Garysafc25
It definitely is a virus you sould use Appriva cloud antivirus It automatically scans all apps being downloaded /installed / updated for Trojans, Viruses, Spyware and all threats clean your phone from all threats