Google's Eric Schmidt is disillusion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

In case it's not clear enough, let me quote it again for you --

---

"Playing catch-up with the competition can only ever help you make incremental gains. It will never help you create something new.

It's important to understand what's going on around you, but the best way to stay ahead is a laser focus on building great products that people need.

#howgoogleworks #innovation"

- Eric Schmidt

---

This has to be the end result of a hilarious hacker's inspired grasp of irony. There is no way that Eric meant to post this himself, because it's just too easy to be intentional. The icing on the cake is that image that depicts successful individuals (suits) enjoying a premium experience at a premium price (not at a buy-one-get-one-free, fighting the bloody fight to the bottom, budget price).

This has to be a brilliant prank.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

The post is promoting a new book How Google Works by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg.

I fail to see why you needed to make a thread about this on the mobile discussion board.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicalmac  Moderator

@NVIDIATI said:

The post is promoting a new book How Google Works by Eric Schmidt and Jonathan Rosenberg.

I fail to see why you needed to make a thread about this on the mobile discussion board.

Wow, even the abstract for that book is a giant load of horse manure.

This is relevant because that'sthe person who has played a large part in the state of Google as we know it. Look at android itself -- it is the very definition of an incremental, copy-cat product. If Google were a religion, it would be referred to as, 'Our Lady of Perpetual Beta' in prayers.

I have not read the book, but if I get my hands on it, you can bet I will. If it turns out that there's more to it than the stuff that comes out of the back end of a horse -- I'll gladly, gladly eat my words. But that would be one of the bigger surprises I could imagine.

eBOOM_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 eBOOM_88
Member since 2014 • 59 Posts

Rofl that's hilarious.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts

@musicalmac said:

@NVIDIATI said:

Wow, even the abstract for that book is a giant load of horse manure.

This is relevant because that'sthe person who has played a large part in the state of Google as we know it. Look at android itself -- it is the very definition of an incremental, copy-cat product. If Google were a religion, it would be referred to as, 'Our Lady of Perpetual Beta' in prayers.

I have not read the book, but if I get my hands on it, you can bet I will. If it turns out that there's more to it than the stuff that comes out of the back end of a horse -- I'll gladly, gladly eat my words. But that would be one of the bigger surprises I could imagine.

Everytime i come here and read your delusional Apple-worshiping posts it makes me remeber why I'd almost consider this place worse than system wars.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 musicalmac  Moderator
@chaplainDMK said:

Everytime i come here and read your delusional Apple-worshiping posts it makes me remeber why I'd almost consider this place worse than system wars.

I'm not sure what you're reading if you see delusional Apple worship. Judging by the tone and direction of this post, I'm guessing the answer is, "I'm not reading it at all."

That's your choice, but it's not a good one.

goqingbile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By goqingbile
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

i think so,Judging by the tone and direction of this post, I'm guessing the answer is, "I'm not reading it at all."