Galaxy Nexus 7 needs a thread...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leif3141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leif3141
Member since 2010 • 133 Posts

Anybody else get one? I'm sure they have...heh...are you disappointed or pleased with your purchase? Frankly...I'm not disappointed with the hardware (except a camera on the back of the tablet but not really disappointing)- but I might not have bought it had I known how hostile android apps are to users without always on connectivity...seems to be the way everything is going, and if I had a smartphone I guess it would not be a big deal- but I got this tablet mainly because I don't want the always connected feeling of a smartphone (and of course the data plan savings and bigger screen)!

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

I purchased one with the intention of it being a casual tablet for use around the home. So the lack of 3G, memory card slot and a camera are of no concern. I've been very happy with its performance and the only issue I can think of is the compatibility of some apps is still a problem on Jelly Bean. Otherwise, a fantastic buy.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
I've had mine for about a month. It's fast, the perfect size for reading and gaming. The expandable memory was my biggest concern prior to purchase, but it hasn't been an issue. The most notable problem so far is that sometimes it lags input detection and require reboot to fix. It's not obvious with most apps, but becomes apparent when playing Temple Run. It doesn't happen all the time through, probably 3 times so far. I still have to sit down for a few hours one of these days and play with the settings and features. Overall, it's fantastic and I have no regrets getting it.