[Free Game] space shoot 'em up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

calhoun45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 calhoun45
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hello I invite you all to install a free game I've created. Its my first game so please be gentle . If you enjoy retro space shooter games with a twist you may enjoy it! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sbrotherton.celestialFighter I'm looking to add features on request so feel free to make suggestions.
calhoun45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 calhoun45
Have been receiving good feedback so far! http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615389-android/64843785
calhoun45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 calhoun45

I'm making a list of future changes:

- something to help with the speed initially, i still want it to build up, so maybe a difficulty level.

- more powerups / upgrades, I have some ideas for new weapons and enemy types, including new textures.

- continues / scores, the scores are a bit "tacked on" at the moment, they don't serve any purpose beyond personal achievement. I'm thinking to either link them to powerups, so every 100 points = new powerup appears and/or link them to "continues" in the same way. Currently the game allows you to continue at the start of each level any number of times, and because of this, I reset the scores (the penalty for dying).

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Irene_Wang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Irene_Wang
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I hope there can be more scenes or backgrounds
calhoun45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 calhoun45

I'll look into it :)

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

This is actually pretty good. It would be better if you shot faster because like someone else said on the app review, by the time you get your guns shooting fast, your ship dies very quickly from the higher level enemies and the enemies seem to come in the same patterns. I couldn't tell if there was a pause button but that would also be a nice addition. Otherwise its a great start, and a fantastic free app because the controls work well and its looks good.