Does an iPad and iPod Touch have built-in anti-virus & anti-spyware protecti

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by MisterWWEfan (124 posts) -
Well, my brother accidentally clicked a bad link on my iPod Touch 5g. It was one of those webcam links like "Register now if you wanna see women in the webcam." I don't know if the website was bad or not, so I exited out of safari, cleared my history & cookies and cache in Settings, then I restarted my iPod Touch 5g. From the looks of it, my iPod Touch 5g seems to be normal, and it has been that way since the first day I got it. The question is: since my brother did accidentally clicked the link, is my iPod Touch 5g infected by viruses or spyware, or does it have built-in anti-virus and anti-spyware protection where it's impossible to get them?
#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31374 posts) -
You actually need to instal apps or something to get infected,not only by browsing
#3 Posted by MisterWWEfan (124 posts) -
You actually need to instal apps or something to get infected,not only by browsingMonsieurX
That means my iPod Touch 5g is okay? I've been on it for an hour, and it seems to be fine so far.
#4 Posted by MonsieurX (31374 posts) -
[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]You actually need to instal apps or something to get infected,not only by browsingMisterWWEfan
That means my iPod Touch 5g is okay? I've been on it for an hour, and it seems to be fine so far.

Yes it is
#6 Posted by deleteduser198 (0 posts) -
Well, my brother accidentally clicked a bad link on my iPod Touch 5g. It was one of those webcam links like "Register now if you wanna see women in the webcam." I don't know if the website was bad or not, so I exited out of safari, cleared my history & cookies and cache in Settings, then I restarted my iPod Touch 5g. From the looks of it, my iPod Touch 5g seems to be normal, and it has been that way since the first day I got it. The question is: since my brother did accidentally clicked the link, is my iPod Touch 5g infected by viruses or spyware, or does it have built-in anti-virus and anti-spyware protection where it's impossible to get them? MisterWWEfan
It's near impossible to get viruses or malware on iOS. The way the operating system works is very different from how Windows works. The answer is: No. You do not have a virus or malware on your iPod Touch. Especially not from browsing the web. iOS doesn't even need anti-virus or anti-spyware protection.
#7 Posted by MonsieurX (31374 posts) -
[QUOTE="MisterWWEfan"]Well, my brother accidentally clicked a bad link on my iPod Touch 5g. It was one of those webcam links like "Register now if you wanna see women in the webcam." I don't know if the website was bad or not, so I exited out of safari, cleared my history & cookies and cache in Settings, then I restarted my iPod Touch 5g. From the looks of it, my iPod Touch 5g seems to be normal, and it has been that way since the first day I got it. The question is: since my brother did accidentally clicked the link, is my iPod Touch 5g infected by viruses or spyware, or does it have built-in anti-virus and anti-spyware protection where it's impossible to get them? Kid-Atari
It's near impossible to get viruses or malware on iOS. The way the operating system works is very different from how Windows works. The answer is: No. You do not have a virus or malware on your iPod Touch. Especially not from browsing the web. iOS doesn't even need anti-virus or anti-spyware protection.

http://www.lesmobiles.com/actualite/10500-securite-ios-nettement-plus-vulnerable-qu-android-aux-virus-et-malwares-mais.html I lol'd. Translates to "iOS security cleary more vulnerable than Android for malwares and virus"