Confirmed! Windows Phone 8.1 free upgrade to Windows 10

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Link

I can't wait to upgrade my Lumia Icon! (If verizon doesn't screw me....)

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Watching this live and so far I am not impressed. What I don't like the most about it is Cartana. A cloud spy AI they tout as a helpful assistant.. **** this shit I'm getting sick of the oh it's helpful, but it needs to have access to everything! It's probably not hard to get rid of anyway, so having it be free is nice. I'll wait and see how dx12 turns out for it before I decide If I really want to switch, as still windows 7 seems to be doing fine.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#3 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

Watching this live and so far I am not impressed. What I don't like the most about it is Cartana. A cloud spy AI they tout as a helpful assistant.. **** this shit I'm getting sick of the oh it's helpful, but it needs to have access to everything! It's probably not hard to get rid of anyway, so having it be free is nice. I'll wait and see how dx12 turns out for it before I decide If I really want to switch, as still windows 7 seems to be doing fine.

You're not being force to use Cortana..... I don't understand why you would think there's a conspiracy about it. It's only a tool that's optional to use and I highly doubt majority of users would be relying everything on Cortana.