Can you be a gamer if you only play app games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for silvertrim12345
silvertrim12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silvertrim12345
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

So let me just be clear im not talking about "games" like flappy bird
I am talking apps like Dead space 2

It just like a computer with touch controlls, Tablets and smartphones have normal computer components in them and apps are just normal programs just like games on a desktop.

So if you ask me if you play real games apps just like you would with a desktop or console i see no difference and therefore it should be considered a gamer. But there is a decent bit of discussion around that and would like to hear more views on this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well no matter how obnoxious some people are in relation what they consider a "real" game. old mario gams are less technical then most simple app games, what makes Mario Bros better or different? Basicly playing games as a hobby makes you a gamer, what you play does not matter, and I will laugh my ass off for the NeXT person claiming that "CoD is more of a game then the sims" it is not. They are different yes, but both equally as much of a game, and that extends to all other kinds of games, even farmville as much as I dislike it, I acknowlage as a game just not a personal taste.

So yeah playing mainly or only app games is just as much of a gamer.