Buying my first smartphone, need help deciding which phone to buy

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EatShanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EatShanna
Member since 2008 • 875 Posts

I'm not a much of a cellphone user so I've been using the same phone for the past five years. Recently I've decided to purchase a new music player, but a friend suggested  I buy a smartphone instead. 

Makes sense, a smartphone has several uses and I'll have to upgrade mine eventually so why not do it now. 

I've looked at the following phones:

Motorola Defy+

Samsung Galaxy S Duos Black GT-S7562

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray 

I don't have very high demands, a phone with a good camera(good enough to post on Facebook and such), good audio quality, radio, reliable and not too delicate and a memory slot(I have a lot of songs to transfer). 

Thanks. 

mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts

I'm not a much of a cellphone user so I've been using the same phone for the past five years. Recently I've decided to purchase a new music player, but a friend suggested  I buy a smartphone instead. 

Makes sense, a smartphone has several uses and I'll have to upgrade mine eventually so why not do it now. 

I've looked at the following phones:

Motorola Defy+

Samsung Galaxy S Duos Black GT-S7562

Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray 

I don't have very high demands, a phone with a good camera(good enough to post on Facebook and such), good audio quality, radio, reliable and not too delicate and a memory slot(I have a lot of songs to transfer). 

Thanks. 

EatShanna

Ive got the defy + and it only became good after i rooted it and put jelly bean on.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Galaxy S2?

Still a good phone but should be a reasonable price now.

gamevet77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamevet77
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts
I got to agree. Since your not a power user then go with an older smartphone. Galaxy s 1 or 2 or even the google nexus. Just find one where price meets need.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts

I wouldn't go with anything lower than a Galaxy S2 Plus. You can also get an Unlocked Galaxy S3 for cheap

http://negrielectronics.com/samsung-t999-galaxy-s-iii-16gb-t-mobile-unlocked-marble-white-open-box.html

ueaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 ueaw
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I completely agree that S2 maybe isn't the newest, but for sure it's still quite good phone ;) 8 Mpx camera, dual-core processor Samsung Exynos 4210 and other tech specs, which you can check on comperio.co, don't look bad