Bit of market research

This topic is locked from further discussion.

go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 go6game
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Hi As an android apps developer I would be very interested to get some feedback on the following points: 1. Do you find it easy to discover new apps on the Android Market? 2. Do you rely on recommendations or do you search categories to find new games? 3. What is the most annoying problem with a new game e.g. force close, poor graphics? 4. Do you read the instructions on how to play or just Wing it? 5. When would you pay for a game? (Other than mobile versions of best selling PC/PSP etc games). 6. Do you play games where multiplayer involves passing the handset round? 7. Do you prefer single player or multiplayer games? 8. Where do you download most of your games i.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar? 9. Do you like games where you can upload your scores to Facebook or other websites? 10. Do you recommend games you like to friends? Thanks for your patience - I'm sure a lot of developers would love to know this stuff and maybe improve user experiences!
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

yes

recommendations, usually the androidpolice roundup

in game purchasing, forced feint popups

usually wing it

if its good, high user reviews

not particularly but I probably would

single player

the marketplace

no

on occasion

go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 go6game
Thanks semianonymous. What's the androidpolice roundup?
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
1. Yes 2. Both 3. Asking me to register for Feint all the time 4. Wing it, most of the time 5. Never 6. No, that's how devices get dropped 7. Single player 8. Android Market 9. No 10. Not really
go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 go6game
Thanks UssjTrunks
flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
[QUOTE="go6game"]Hi As an android apps developer I would be very interested to get some feedback on the following points: 1. Do you find it easy to discover new apps on the Android Market? Very 2. Do you rely on recommendations or do you search categories to find new games? I mostly do the search categories, but I look at the recommendations once in a while, especially the trending new apps/games. 3. What is the most annoying problem with a new game e.g. force close, poor graphics? Not being able to transfer the files to external SD. 4. Do you read the instructions on how to play or just Wing it? Wing it 5. When would you pay for a game? (Other than mobile versions of best selling PC/PSP etc games). $3 at most for indie/small games... I may pay more (about $5) for something like PvZ, GTAIII or World of Goo 6. Do you play games where multiplayer involves passing the handset round? no 7. Do you prefer single player or multiplayer games? SP 8. Where do you download most of your games i.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar? Android Market, then GetJar 9. Do you like games where you can upload your scores to Facebook or other websites? No 10. Do you recommend games you like to friends? Yes Thanks for your patience - I'm sure a lot of developers would love to know this stuff and maybe improve user experiences!

go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 go6game
Thanks flipin_jackass
semianonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 semianonymous
Member since 2007 • 6685 Posts

Thanks semianonymous. What's the androidpolice roundup?go6game

hit up androidpolice.com, they do a roundup of games, apps, wallpapers and wtf apps every two weeks. I think they should be due for a new one soon too.

go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 go6game
Thanks again semianonymous. i will check them out.
Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#10 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts
Yup Both Cant really say anything in particular Wing it If google can letme pay from my phone billing but currently there is no such way and I wont pay from credit/debit card No SP Android market Dont care about that Yup
go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 go6game
Thanks Gambler_3
Vixremento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vixremento
1. Do you find it easy to discover new apps on the Android Market? Well when I search for a specific app then yes...otherwise not really. 2. Do you rely on recommendations or do you search categories to find new games? I'll check a few reviews - that'll usually lead me to the market. I rarely bother with categories for "recent" stuff. 3. What is the most annoying problem with a new game e.g. force close, poor graphics? Initially older version s that didn't scale to me tablet screen. Forced online apps are my primary pain in the ass. 4. Do you read the instructions on how to play or just Wing it? Pretty much wing it - if it doesn't include enough info to make it user friendly then it get's uninstalled. 5. When would you pay for a game? (Other than mobile versions of best selling PC/PSP etc games). When it has high production values (just look at Jelly Defense) or it connects with me and I get addicted (Plants vs Zombies is awesome on almost every platform!). 6. Do you play games where multiplayer involves passing the handset round? No. I played Siegecraft that had co-cop but without having to pass my tabbie around. 7. Do you prefer single player or multiplayer games? Single-player all the way! 8. Where do you download most of your games i.e. Android market, Amazon, GetJar? Market. 9. Do you like games where you can upload your scores to Facebook or other websites? No - because I couldn't give a damn about who is the most uber. 10. Do you recommend games you like to friends? Aye! Thanks for your patience - I'm sure a lot of developers would love to know this stuff and maybe improve user experiences! You're most welcome!
go6game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 go6game
Thank you Vixremento