Big Shake-Up at Apple HQ -- Cook Demonstrates His Leadership Skills

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
Scott Forstall (the father of iOS) and John Browett (retail store chief executive) have both been removed from their responsibilities at Apple. And it's the best thing Cook could have done. This is arguably the first time Tim Cook as orchestrated real change at Apple, and the removal of Forstall could have a real, actual impact on the iOS we know and love today. Since Forstall's removal, there has been a sort of quiet jubilation within Apple. A healthy Steve Jobs was about the only force that could motivate Forstall, and since iOS' inception, he has pioneered a duo of sub-traditional Apple-quality ("it-just-works" quality) additions (Siri and Maps).

It's exciting to see Cook do something so profound and necessary, many inside Apple considered Forstall to be something of a cancer working against the company and Browett made a number of poor decisions that impacted customer service -- a big, big no-no in Apple's world.

The future became brighter for technologies brightest star yesterday.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#2 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
He got fired cause he refused to sign an apology letter ... was it really worth it?
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#3 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
He got fired cause he refused to sign an apology letter ... was it really worth it?JasonDarksavior
Quite a bit more to it than that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
If either of these gentlemen were the ones who decided I have to pay for customer service, than perfect. My biggest problem with apple. Otherwise, awesome. If this means Maps and Siri keeps improving then perfect. I don't care if she gets on more devices, get her working better on my iPhone.