Android Wireless N

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

Complete stab in the dark here but does anyone know if you can use wireless n only on a HTC Sensation XE with ICS?

When I change my router to N Only I lose connection with my phone and cannot connect to the router. It only reconnects when I change it to NG Mixed leading to beleive my phone will only use 820.11g, although the specs for the phone says it supports 802.11n.

Any ideas?

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts

Complete stab in the dark here but does anyone know if you can use wireless n only on a HTC Sensation XE with ICS?

When I change my router to N Only I lose connection with my phone and cannot connect to the router. It only reconnects when I change it to NG Mixed leading to beleive my phone will only use 820.11g, although the specs for the phone says it supports 802.11n.

Any ideas?

Big_Bad_Sad
Is it possible that N-only on the router is also 5GHz only, and the phone only does 2.4? I believe 2.4GHz is b/g/n, and 5GHz is a/n, so there's a bit of overlap there
blanewarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blanewarlock
Member since 2012 • 34 Posts
I didn't know there were two speeds for N. I thought that it was supposed to represent a category of speed.
theking52_TDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 theking52_TDK
Member since 2008 • 943 Posts
I didn't know there were two speeds for N. I thought that it was supposed to represent a category of speed.blanewarlock
Those aren't speeds, just frequencies.