Android found to be the most stable smartphone platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 0

#1 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomiogeron/2012/02/02/does-ios-crash-more-than-android-a-data-dive/

So much for unification lol.

megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

I've never had problems with apps crashing, but my Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) runs great for about two weeks, and then it suddenly starts sucking battery down like crazy. I've always assumed it was an OS problem because friends' iPhones don't have that problem. And my iPad hasn't had the issue either.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Wish I could believe them, but it's not easy when you're phone keeps thinking it's in USB mode and flashes between the home and USB connect screens ceaselessly.

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#4 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

Wish I could believe them, but it's not easy when you're phone keeps thinking it's in USB mode and flashes between the home and USB connect screens ceaselessly.

Basinboy

Obviously your USB port is damaged, nothing to do with the software.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

While I can appretiate a good independent study, personal experience has shown me otherwise. I've had/got a number of iOS and Android devices. Of these, Android seemed to crash the most, but I admit it was when I was playing with themes and things you probably wouldn't (or couldn't) play with on an iOS device. Despite this, the crashes on both platmorms are so infrequent they are of no concern to me. My BlackBerry would crash 10x more than both combined!

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts
Surprising, I thought iOS would be more stable considering Android has so many hardware/manufacturer to work with.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

I wonder how much Forbes was paid to write that bogus article.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
Not really that suprising Android is much more stable than it is made out to be, I might have an app crash once a month if that and the os never crashes. The people who can't get a day out of their phone when using it as a phone, ie for calls and txts with a bit of internet thoughout the day must have a problem with their phone. My phone easily last two whole days unless I play games or go on the internet for hours.
mystic_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 mystic_knight
Member since 2003 • 13801 Posts
I believe compatibility and issues with crashes were mostly ironed out with 2.3.6 and ICS. I do believe there is truth to that but only when you limit the experience from gingerbread onwards. If you count froyo and prior in to the equation, then you will see iOS easily trouncing Android. Android has finally become as mature as iOS and as a result the situation favours it. When Jellybean comes out, it should hopefully be as mature as iOS with the smoothness to match it!!!!
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
My knee-jerk reaction is that it could just be the app itself that is causing the crashes. They mention that these stats are coming from a third-party company that individual devs work with to handle crash reporting for their apps... so the actual stats are pretty much impartial, but you can't really account for the relative quality of the iOS and Android versions of the given app doing the crashes, or even if an Android app that is crashing has an iOS equivalent on the service.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#11 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Not sure about that ... Lots of my apps crash and say "____ has stopped working"