What Android Tablet has the best problem/issue free performance for YouTube?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

I am asking this because I have had an Acer Iconia a100 7in Tablet for about a year now, and it is overall a really great Android Tablet but I have a couple of issues.

In the last couple of months now since it had automatically upgraded from Android 3.2 to Android 4.0.3 it has had alot of issues with YouTube. It buffers and freezes alot to the point where I have to stop it and close it to get it working. I have tried downgrading the YouTube App to the previous version and that works alittle better, but not much. I have even tried the YouTube mobile site and the regular site and the same issues.

I have tried everything that I can think of, even doing a factory reset of the tablet and I still have the same issues. So I now just give up, as I don't want to as I really like my Acer Iconia a100 7in Tablet but I don't know whatelse to do.

So what is currently the best tablet out that is the best for problem/issue free performance of watching YouTube?

I was thinking of getting the New iPad since my old iPhone 3G works great on YouTube but it is too small, and I would like to get another Android Tablet.

Thanks.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

Nexus 7 would be an awesome bet, it truly has the best experience for an android tablet at the moment. In my opinion the best 10inch remains the Ipad, and as much as i love android i wouldn't pay much for any of the 10incher's since the nexus7 offers alot more for cheaper. Additionally you could wait untill tomorrow and see what Amazon, has to announce with the KindleFire2, it'll be intresting to see what they push over the Nexus7.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts
each to their own but I reckon the transformer pad tf300 ($400) is worth the extra $100 or so for a 10" screen twice as much storage space as well as sd card slot and much much more useful without a internet connection. To me the Nexus 7 is just to small to consider buying it over say a galaxy s3 or one x. Pretty much the same hardware inside as the one x and the screen is not really big enough to use it like a laptop.
GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Put a custom fw

Gambler_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

#5 Gambler_3
Member since 2009 • 7736 Posts

each to their own but I reckon the transformer pad tf300 ($400) is worth the extra $100 or so for a 10" screen twice as much storage space as well as sd card slot and much much more useful without a internet connection. To me the Nexus 7 is just to small to consider buying it over say a galaxy s3 or one x. Pretty much the same hardware inside as the one x and the screen is not really big enough to use it like a laptop. imprezawrx500
But a nexus 7 is very cheap. And really saying it is not big enough over S3 is like saying the S3 is not big enough over an iphone.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Nexus 7 would be an awesome bet, it truly has the best experience for an android tablet at the moment. In my opinion the best 10inch remains the Ipad, and as much as i love android i wouldn't pay much for any of the 10incher's since the nexus7 offers alot more for cheaper. Additionally you could wait untill tomorrow and see what Amazon, has to announce with the KindleFire2, it'll be intresting to see what they push over the Nexus7.TwistedShade

Yea I think that I will get the Nexus 7 over the New iPad next week on payday. As for the Kindle Fire HD(2) it sounds cool from what I have read from Amazon's annoucement, but the Nexus 7 just seems like a much better choice. It also seems that the Kindle Fire HD(2) is still using Android 2.3 since Amazon hasn't said that it isn't, which I guess works but it is an old smartphone OS.

Thanks everyone for the couple of responses and the help.

imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="imprezawrx500"]each to their own but I reckon the transformer pad tf300 ($400) is worth the extra $100 or so for a 10" screen twice as much storage space as well as sd card slot and much much more useful without a internet connection. To me the Nexus 7 is just to small to consider buying it over say a galaxy s3 or one x. Pretty much the same hardware inside as the one x and the screen is not really big enough to use it like a laptop. Gambler_3

But a nexus 7 is very cheap. And really saying it is not big enough over S3 is like saying the S3 is not big enough over an iphone.

yes the nexus 7 is cheap but 16gb just doesn't cut it for use when there is no internet connection. That's the biggest problem with it, if you can live with 16gb (i sure couldn't) it is a great deal. Screen size you get used to but storage is something you always want more of. Cloud just doesn't cut it sometimes.